Kelly IV

doors:a kelsic/jelly fanfic

Er Jie clicked on the bedside lamp, yawning.

Sitting up, she gave me a questioning look.

“Wenwen? 怎么了?” (what happened?)

Now I’m sure this is just a mad dream.

Either that, or I had lost my sanity.

Jess was lying on Er Jie’s bed, fast asleep.

Her cheeks were rosy and the corners of her lips were curled up slightly.

“You looking for Jess?” She raised her eyebrows curiously.

“Yes?” My voice came out as a question.

“Come here. I missed you.” Er Jie held her arms out to me.

Her embrace was as warm as I had remembered.

“What happened?” I whispered, not wanting to wake Jessi up, “is she okay?”

“No. I don’t really know. She was upset. She…” She said thoughtfully as her tone grew more serious,”Wenwen, did you know?”

What do I know? That I failed to help her cause I knew too little?

The silence grew heavy in the air as I stared down hard at my hands.

“It has been a tough couple of days, huh?” Er Jie smiled ruefully as she pushed the hair away from my face.

“Yeah. I am worried about her” I sighed.

“She needs time to heal. You do too.”

“I…caught her looking at a suicide forum,” my voice cracked, “I am worried she is going to…cause harm to herself.”

“I know,” Er Jie’s voice was soft, “she told me.”

“She did?” There was a hint of surprise in my voice.

“Mhm. Look, it’s quite late already,and I think it’s better to talk with Jessi. Let’s talk tomorrow, okay?” Er Jie stifled another yawn.

I got up to leave but Er Jie held me back.

What now? My eyelids were almost drooping.

“Sleep here for tonight,” she said, tugging on my arm, “I miss the days when we were filming sisters who make waves and all slept in the same room”

“Me too” I flopped back onto the bed.

“Besides, who knows you may be thinking of carrying Jessi back to your room after I'm asleep. You two seem inseparable at this point,” she added jokingly.

I swatted her playfully, the mood instantly lightened.

“Oh, don’t even deny it! Who burst into my room like a madwoman just to look for Jessi?” She said smugly.

I was rendered speechless but could not stop the smile that was creeping onto my face.

Er Jie never fails to make us smile.

In moments like this, it is easy to make all our troubles cease to exist.