Love opens a door

doors:a kelsic/jelly fanfic

Er Jie was up and about early in the morning.

Not long after Er Jie left the room, Kelly sat up and gently roused Jess from her sleep.

Surprisingly, the latter got up without much complain.

The pair were unusually slient as they went around preparing for the day ahead.

“Jess?” Kelly finally broke the silence, “come here for a moment.”

Jessica sat down on the bed beside her. 

“I am sorry for last night,” Jess met Kelly’s gaze at last, “I’m sorry for making you worry.”

“Then don’t make me worry again,” Kelly circled her arms around Jessi’s waist, “you know why I worry? You always put the blame on yourself, carry the weight on your shoulders, while you don’t have to. It’s not your fault, Jess, when things go wrong. Don’t exhaust yourself out.”

“Okay.” She sniffed.

Kelly could see that Jess meant it. 

“And one more thing,” Kelly spoke carefully, not wanting to upset her, “I know you are having suicidal thoughts. I know they overwhelm you at times and sometimes you want to die. What is the reason behind it?”. 

“Kelsey’s death,” Jess said after a pause, “I…failed her. I made a promise I didn’t keep. I just feel like I don’t deserve to live. And that it’s wrong for me to be happy again.”

Jess bit her lip as her eyes began to fill up

Kelly felt a twinge in her heart.

“It’s not your fault, Jessi. It’s her life, and she made her own decision. I do wish I was 

there for her more, but it’s too late. We can’t dwell on the past forever. You’re alive, Jess, why not live your life to its fullest then?” Kelly spoke wisely.

“It is my fault. I knew. I knew she wanted to kill herself,” her voice was bitter, “she told me she wouldn't get down from the roof if I told anyone else. I was scared that she would hate me for the rest of her life if I told someone else. I didn’t realize if no one else knew, she won’t even have a life to live. My selfishness and stupidity led to her death.”

Kelly was quiet for a moment.

“Jessi, I understand how you feel. Last night, I hated myself for not protecting you. That I wasn’t there as an anchor for you to hold on to when you were drowning and needed someone to hold you through the night.”

“It’s not your fault,” Jessi’s voice was choked with emotion.

“You don’t blame me. Neither would Kelsey. Kelsey won’t want you to die. Not because of her.”

Jessica laid her head on Kelly’s chest.

“I know. You know you can’t stop me from blaming myself, but I do know it’s too late to turn back time. I know I have to move forward, but it has been…hard. But I’ll be fine. Because I know you love me,” Jess said truthfully.

“Jess, there will be highs and lows, good times and bad times, but don’t let the bad times get you down, okay? You will heal, and things will get better. Whenever you need someone to talk to,a hug, or to just hear a voice, I’m here, okay?” Kelly said lovingly.

“Okay. I love you.” 

“Me too.” 

The pair smiled at each other.

A smile that is real. 

They once belonged to two worlds, and were enclosed in their own walls.

One was deprived of the stage she loved, while the other was known for being cold and heartless.

But they met, in this incredible summer, finding each other the key, and opening the doors for the light and love to pour in, 

Even when the walls close in, they both knew there was another door to walk in, and be protected from their own world that was crumbling. 

They know they will be fine.

 

 

 

 

Author's note: (it's more than 300 words heh)

Dearest readers,
I don’t know how many of you are out there, but I would like to thank each and every one of you. (okay many of the reads were me clicking on this again and again to see if anyone was reading but still) Thank you for reading my imperfect writing, and my subscribers never fail to brighten up my day, and they gave me the courage to go on writing. It has been almost three months since I started this story, and now it has come to an end. Thank you for joining me on this journey and I feel so lucky, to have the ability to get my work seen. My next story also centres around kelsic, but it would be quite a lot longer than this one, but I ran into writers block lately. I don’t know when I would be able to finish it, and I don’t think I’ll be able to post chapters consistently every week. In the meantime, while waiting for my story (wink wink), go read “they both die at the end” by Adam slivera! It’s a touching and though-provoking book, and my fic would be set in its universe. Anyways, thank you!