A window of light

doors:a kelsic/jelly fanfic

“Jessi~” Kelly whined, “we are going to be late…”

The corners of her lips turned up in amusement as Jessica murmured a soft “mhm”, turned over to face Kelly, and went straight back to sleep.

“Hurry, the others are putting on makeup already, the filming is starting.” Kelly groaned.

“So?” Jessi’s eyes twinkled

“So, you want to appear in front of the camera bare-faced?”

“Aren't I pretty without makeup?” Jessica retorted, pouting

Kelly sighed and rolled her eyes before dragging her out of bed. 

But alas, everything seemed to be better at last. “At least Jessica seems to be more like herself today,” Kelly thought.

They were filming the new variety show “seaside band”, a follow up to “sisters who make waves”, where Kelly and Jessica first met. 

It was almost impossible to appear in front of the camera now, given all the unforeseen and unfortunate circumstances. Keeping bright plastic smiles on their face would land them in a flood of hate comments on their heartlessness. But moping around was not a choice either, as the show must go on and who would want to watch a group of girls dragging their feet around with red rimmed eyes and a mouth that refuses to smile? After all, this is their job, and they need to uphold the responsibility.

“Jessi, hurry,” Kelly grumbled, losing her patience as Jessica decided to tie her hair with her foundation half done. 

“Let me help you or we aren’t getting out of here anytime soon,” Kelly strode over and grabbed her hair before deftly plaiting it.

Jessica smiled “Wenwen! You are going to mess up my hair!

“Yeah I am!” Kelly grinned

“You 快点!” a head poked through the door

“Blame her,” Kelly said jokingly.

“byebye!” The newcomer pretended to drag Kelly away.

“Lili! 二…两分钟” Jess crossed her arms and scowled, “嘤嘤嘤!”

But it was too late as Lili grasped her arm and practically pulled her out of the room by force.

Kelly strode behind them, laughing. She hasn’t seen Jessi this happy in ages. And she hasn’t been this happy since everything happened either. 

“Er Jie is coming tonight, right?” Kelly asked, yawning 

“Mhm, she said she would arrive around midnight,” Jessica repiled, leaning on Kelly’s shoulder.

With another yawn, she went back to sleep promptly.