The crack of the door

doors:a kelsic/jelly fanfic

Kelly pressed her ear to the door. The sound of her choking on her sobs were enough to pierce through her heart. She knew how she felt. 

“她懂我,就像我懂她” (she knows me, just like how I know her)

She knew she wanted to be alone, yet she couldn’t bear to leave her alone. Tears streamed down Kelly’s cheeks but were left unnoticed.

She opened the door delicately to form the slightest crack.

“Jessi? Can I come in?”

Hearing her name, she sat up, trying in vain to stop the tears from falling.

Kelly sat down and gingerly placed her arms around Jessica, almost as if she was a glass doll. The sobs subsided.

“Are you okay?”

Jessi buried her head into Kelly’s chest, letting the strong arms tighten their grip on her. The small circles that were rubbed on her back and the warmth that brought familiarity and security lessened the pain. At least a little.

“I’m so sorry.”

“You have nothing to be sorry for,” Kelly replied in a soft voice, “Do you want to talk about what happened?”

“I can’t.”

A flash of pain ran through her.

Something broke in Kelly as she saw how the other girl was struggling in the dark, blinded and lost. Alone.

“Jess, I’m always here for you, okay?” Kelly ran her fingers through the ends of Jessica’s hair, “I know you are hurting, but everything is going to be okay. 真的。(really)”

Her hand found Jessi’s and she held onto it, her thumb gently the back of her hand.

A shiver ran up Jessi’s spine at the human contact.

The door has been opened. The one she refused to open. But it had let a spark of light in, perhaps she finally could be fine.

With a sigh, she leaned into Kelly’s warm embrace, where she was safe. From herself and the world that was falling apart. Everything would be fine. She could finally hold onto the belief, for the moment at least.