The D-Day

A Day In Super Junior's Dorm (A Series of One-shot)

(Joo Eun’s POV)

Today is the day of the important test. I really hope I can ace this test. If I dont, I might lose the scholarship.

 

I walked to the kitchen and found a note stuck on the fridge. There were nine of them.

 

Leeteuk and Eunhyuk - Kim Joo Eun HWAITING! Oppa's are going to work. See you when I see you.

 

Heechul - Hwaiting! You can do it, dongsaeng~ It's okay if you fail it, I won't be mad at you.

 

Kibum - Good luck.

 

Yesung and Kangin - Yo. All the best.

 

Han Geng - Jiayou, meimei. ^^

 

Siwon - May God bless you so you'll pass this test. I'll always pray for you. Joo Eun can do it!

 

Kyuhyun - So after this test, we can play games together, right?

 

Shindong - Eunnie-ah, hwaiting! Btw, is it possible for you to cook for me pasta after the test? ^^ I'm craving for it.

 

Sungmin - I'm sorry I can't send you off today but I know you'll be able to do the test. It's going to be easy.

 

Aww they're so sweet. Well, I hope I can meet their expectation.

 

"Eunnie, you're up!"

 

It was Ryeowook.

 

"I cooked you breakfast."

 

"Oh thanks, oppa,"

 

He prepared polished rice with a fried egg on top of it with sliced carrots and kimchi.

 

I looked at him again and smiled.

 

"Food for the brain?" I asked him.

 

"Food for the brain," he replied.

 

I sat down and picked up the spoon. Ryeowook sat in front of me and ate his breakfast. It was silent and it was kinda weird because the house is usually lively. I still couldn't believe there were only me and Ryeowook here. Or so I thought.

 

"AAAAAAAH-CHOOOO!" someone sneezed.

 

Ryeowook was startled and choked on his food.

 

"Oppa, are you okay?"

 

"Hyung, are you okay?" Henry asked rubbing his eyes and nose.

 

I rubbed Ryeowook's back and made him drink his water. He quickly gulped it down.

 

"I- I'm fine," he assured.

 

Henry apologised to us. He said that he's got the flu from last night. It was raining yesterday and he didn't use anything to cover his head. Not only that, he did not even take a bathe. He said he didn't need one because the rain was already giving him free shower.

 

"I think I better go now, oppa"

 

"I’ll send you,” spoke out a voice. It was Donghae still in his pajamas.

 

The three of us widened our eyes and shook our heads vigorously. No one would want Donghae to drive unless they have a death wish. Donghae could literally drive you to grave and I’m not exaggerating. I’ve being driven by him once and I swear I’d never have a go at it again. NEVER!

 

“No thanks, Donghae oppa” I immediately rejected his idea. Well, I couldn’t tell him that his driving skill because apparently when he’s driving alone, he’s actually good. But whenever there’s at least one passenger, he’d just drive as if he’s drunk. He said it’s because of the pressure.

 

Donghae just pouted. He must had not been in his right state of mind since he just woke up that’s why he offered me a lift. He then just walked pass us and get a small carton of milk out of the fridge.

 

“Eunnie doesn’t love me,” he mumbled after gulping down the milk.

 

This guy and his childish antics.

 

“I’ll send you, Eunnie”

 

Eh, Zhou Mi’s here too?

 

“But I’ll change my clothes first” He ran into his room.

 

Change clothes? He didn’t have to! Mr. Chic who wears fashionable clothes even in the dorm still wanted to change his clothes?

 

“Hurry up!” I shouted.

 

I should’ve left ages ago.

 

Five minutes later he got out of his room in a black skinny jeans with a jacket that comes with a thin belt and a shredded top underneath. Along with his black leather shoes that he just bought last night.

 

I just rolled my eyes. This guy was wearing all those just to send me off to the university. He made me look bad in these simple t-shirt and jeans.

 

I grabbed his hand and dragged him outside, to the elevator, the parking lot and finally to his car.

 

He took out his sunglasses from the compartment and put it on before looking at his reflection in the mirror.

 

“Let’s go!”

 

I don’t know whether I should be happy that my university is just fifteen minutes away from their dorm or be sad that I only have one and a half hour left to do last minute revision. I thanked him before I got off the car.

 

“No. Thanks to you for giving me the chance to wear these new shoes” he grinned.

 

I rolled my eyes and slammed the car’s door.

 

(After The Exam)

 

I didn’t like it. I hated it. I screwed it big time!

 

My phone rang and it was Heechul calling me. I rejected his call and went back to the dorm. I had nowhere else to go.

 

I was glad that no one was in the dorm. Not even the sick Henry. I walked to living room and sat down on the couch. I wanted to cry but tears weren’t falling down. I felt disappointed in myself for not preparing well. Yes, I’d actually been slacking a bit. Old habits die hard, I must say.

 

My phone rang again and this time it was Leeteuk. I bet he wanted to ask me about the test but I knew he can detect if I was sad or happy so I just let my phone ring. After it stopped ringing, I put my phone to silent mode, I did not want to be bothered.

 

I missed my parents and I missed my friends back in my hometown. Tears started flowing out of my eyes to my cheeks. Without realizing, I cried myself to sleep.

 

(Ryeowook’s POV)

 

Why wasn’t she picking up? Leeteuk hyung suggested  us to go dinner today since he received a voucher at an Italian restaurant. A voucher that can support all the food that we’re going to order. Joo Eun loved Italian food.

 

Zhou Mi drove us to the dorm to pick her up. I hope she’s already at home. Her test ended hours ago. I didn’t think she would be out having fun with the other students. By having fun, I meant going to the night club, getting drunk and hooking up. Oh no, she wouldn't!

 

I punched in the password and opened the door. It was dark but I saw her sneakers she wore this morning so she must be here.

 

Henry and Zhou Mi waited in the car so I was the only one up here, looking for her. Henry was apparently not sick anymore after hearing Italian food. He was no longer sneezing. The power of food.

 

“Eunnie-ah~” I called out for her and the lights.

 

There she was sleeping on the couch. She was mumbling something. I walked closer to her to make out what she was saying. She was calling out for her mom and dad, tears were coming out of her eyes

 

I shook her to wake her up. She opened her eyes and was surprised to see me there. She quickly hugged me and cried her eyes out and told me about the test. I hugged her back, cooing to her everything was going to be okay and her head softly to calm her down.

 

She finally calmed down and as if on cue, my phone rang. It was from Yesung. I picked it up and his loud voice immediately rang into my ears.

 

“Yah! Where are you?! I’m so hungry I can’t wait any longer!”

 

“Hyung, I’m at the dorm to pick Eunnie up”

 

“Hurry up!” That was Shindong. Another person with loud voice in our group.

 

I just hung up on them and Eunnie was looking at me with curious.

 

“Leeteuk Hyung is treating us to Italian food for dinner” I answered her unasked question.

 

“Oh. Go then”

 

“Well, you too”

 

“I’ll pass.”

 

“Yes, you will pass the test” I assured her.

 

“No, I mean, I’ll pass the dinner. I want to be alone tonight, please?”

 

When a girl says no, it simply means ‘no’, I hesitantly left her alone and got into the car. Zhou Mi and Henry were asking me about Joo Eun but I just remained silent.

 

[At The Restaurant]

(No one’s POV)

 

“There they are!” exclaimed Donghae.

 

“But where’s Joo Eun?” asked Eunhyuk.

 

Ryeowook began explaining to the members why Joo Eun wasn’t there with them. The guys went silent. They felt bad for not helping her. After all it’s a Korean language test. A language that all of them were very good at except for Han Geng, Henry and Zhou Mi.

 

Korean was not Joo Eun’s first language as she’s not a Korean citizen. She needed to get good grade for her Korean language test if she wanted to continue her study in Korea.

 

Guilt washed over all of them. They’d been busy they didn’t have time to tutor her. Because she’d been speaking somewhat fluent Korean with them, they thought she didn’t need much help.

 

“I have an idea!” Eunhyuk snapped his finger with his eyes sparkling. All attention directed towards him.

 

“Why don’t we make her a video message to cheer her up?” he suggested.

 

“That’s actually not bad,” agreed the quiet Kibum.

 

“Do all the members agree?” Siwon asked.

All of them nodded. Kyuhyun patted Eunhyuk’s back for the brilliant idea while Yesung reached out to touch Eunhyuk’s philtrum. Eunhyuk stepped back and slapped Yesung’s hand away. Kangin was about to pat Eunhyuk's head when he shouted “Don’t touch my hair!” to him.

 

Kangin just smirked. He knew how much Eunhyuk didn’t like his hairstyle to be ruined.

 

“Alright, alright. Let’s get going with the video,” directed Leeteuk. Sungmin was already recording his video on his phone. After he waved, he clicked a few buttons and smiled.

 

“I’ve sent mine,” he said.

 

“I thought we’re going to record it together,” protested Yesung while the rest were taking out their phones and began recording their video messages.

 

(Joo Eun’s POV)

 

I felt much better after showering and having a glass of Chinese tea. Zhou Mi said Chinese tea was very good for calming down a person. He’s actually right. I thought Mr. Chic only knows about fashion. I was pouring myself another glass of Chinese tea when my phone began to vibrate.

 

I went to check it and there were a message from Sungmin. I opened the file and it was a video of him.

 

Sungmin – *pouted* I heard about what happened. Will my aegyo help in cheering you up? Please cheer up, Eunnie-ah~ *pouted even more* I’ll buy you the pink cotton candy we ate the other day. Let’s eat it together later so you better not sleep early *made a serious face but failed*. I’ll see you later, bye~ *waved*

 

Aww that was so cute. Definitely cheered me up a little bit. I was texting to reply him when another message came in. It was from Heechul.

 

Heechul – I don’t think you’re going to fail! You know Chinese, English, Japanese, how can your brain not remember Korean?! You’re made to be multilingual so you will not fail this test, I assure you. I’ll see you later. Bye!

 

I frowned. Why was he so pissed? Another message came in and it was from Leeteuk.

 

Leeteuk – Sorry for not helping you with your Korean. If you fail, you can blame me, don’t blame the others But if you passed, you must thank me and don’t thank the others *smiled*

 

What? Why would I want to blame him? I was about to call him when another message came in. Are the 15 of them sending me video messages each? Why couldn’t they shot one video with all of them in it?

 

The next message was from Kibum. It was a text message.

 

Kibum – Hey, I hope you’re doing good. I’m sorry I’m not good with words so I’ll just say ‘cheer up, Joo Eun-ah!’ ^^

 

Even though it was just a simple text, but I knew he really wanted me to cheer up. I texted him back ignoring the constant vibration of my phone.

 

The next message was from Yesung,

 

Yesung –Don’t overreact yet. Overreact when u’ve got the results. Btw, can you feed my turtles for me? I forgot to ask Donghae to feed them lunch. I’ll see you later *waved*

 

Yesung and his turtles. Sometimes I wondered who he actually cared for. Super Junior, his turtles or me? Well of course he cared for Super Junior and his turtles. They’re like his family.

 

My phone vibrated again breaking me off of my thoughts. It was Kangin.

 

Kangin – Did you say you’re going to fail? If you pass, I’ll kill you. *his head got shoved by Shindong*

 

Shindong – Eunnie-ah~ I’ll bring home lasagna for you. I hope it can cheer you up. I know you love lasagna so much *grinned*

 

Lasagna? Hmm I think that would make my stomach happy the whole night.

 

Another message. It was from Eunhyuk. Looked like it’s going to be a long night. I clicked the play button and EunHae’s faces popped out.

 

Eunhyuk – Go to the fridge and go drink my strawberry milk. I’m giving you the permission to drink it. It always cheered me up so I think it’d work on you too. Donghae, your turn!

 

Donghae - *rolled his eyes* Eunnie-ah~ I’ll come home soon to wipe your tears away. *smiled*

 

So cheesy! But yaay, strawberry milk. I’d been eyeing it actually. I was walking to the kitchen to get myself a glass of Eunhyuk’s strawberry milk when I received a message from Siwon.

 

Siwon – You know you should not lose hope. If you don’t pass this test, I’ll go and see your teacher personally so she’ll give you a chance to re-test. She’s fan of me right? *gave his million dollar smile*

 

Well since he suggested it. I think that would really help a lot. My Korean language teacher is a big fan of Siwon. Fortunately she didn’t know that I lived with them. If she knew, I bet she’d constantly beg me to meet him.

 

I sat on the couch and drank the strawberry milk, looking at phone waiting for another message. I was expecting five more or maybe less. After a few seconds, my phone vibrated again. This time it’s from Han Geng.

 

Han Geng – *spoke in Chinese* meimei, please don’t cry okay? You’ll pass. You’ve worked so hard even though I wasn’t really helping because my Korean was not that good. Zhou Mi, go.

 

Zhou Mi – *also spoke in Chinese* Eunnie-ah~ It’s the perfect time for you to drink the Chinese tea I brought from home. Make sure to drink it. Cheer up, cheer up~

 

Ah, The Chinese tea! I totally forgot about it because of Eunhyuk’s strawberry milk. Whoa. I couldn’t believe I’ve finished the whole glass. I received a new message and it’s from Henry.

 

Henry and Ryeowook’s faces popped out on the screen.

 

Henry - *spoke in English* I’ll play your favourite song with my violin later so you better get ready and don’t let me see you in a bad state.

 

Ryeowook - *looked at Henry with dropped jaw and looked back at the camera* Oppa will see you later. *smiled*

 

That was… I didn’t know how to put it into words.

 

But that was so sweet. Too sweet. I would rank them as the perfect brothers. My eyes got teary again because I was touched.

 

So Kyuhyun would be next and the last one?

 

My phone vibrated, it was a call from Kyuhyun.

 

“Hello,”

 

“Are you okay?”

 

“Yes, I’m fine already”

 

“Great. So I’ll see you in an hour. Let’s continue playing Starcraft just where we left it last ti-“

 

I hung up on him.

 

 

ps/ how's it? i didnt know how to end it so it took me a lot of time to actually come to the end. T_T

 

comments are loved. (: