7

his obsession

A/N: i was tired of waiting for AFF to restore my chapter, so i'll just post it again =^_^=

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

To say that I was hurt would be an understatement. I was in pain, excruciating pain. The term, ‘my heart is broken’, was not just a silly over exaggeration at this point. I could feel my heart crumble into tiny shards of angst, which cut like a knife as I observed the overjoyed expression she wore as she ran to him

 How could Jiah do this to me?

I could feel my eyes start to burn with tears as he kissed her. My teeth clenched, as I tried to subdue the sound of my tortured sobs-though I was far enough away that she wouldn’t hear them anyway.

I felt so…betrayed.

I could feel the blood from my tongue start to fill my mouth as I bit down harder on it. Why did it have to be him she fell for, and not me? Why was she doing this to me? I could deal with it when she was pretending not to know my heart, and teasing me until it hurt, but this…this was too much. That evil little wrench when too far this time, and I was gonna make both of them pay. She was going to regret ever hurting me like this. She was going to regret everything. And as for that dude she was with, I was going to make sure that he regretted ever laying a finger on my precious Jiah; better yet, I was going to make him regret ever being born.

I could feel a smile creep onto my lips as I imagined the bastard’s bloodied face beneath my foot, and the sound of Jiah screams of terror, begging me to stop hurting her good for nothing boyfriend. That thought alone was enough to motivate the sick demonic creature within me

 ______________________________________________________________________

Earlier that week:

Jiah walked down the cluttered streets, looking in stores and taking in the city around her; her usual Saturday routine. Though she went about everything like usual, something about to day was…off. What was it? Was it her unusually neat looking outfit, or was it the way she ties her usually messy curls into a tight bun? I didn’t know, but something was seriously strange. I followed her into a small café where she sat patiently, as if she were waiting for someone. She looked around casually, but I could sense the slight urgency in her eyes. She looked nervous. Soon, she gave up her search and sat at her table as if she were in a daze. I smiled at how easily she could slip into her own little world, but that soon faded as my feeling of uneasiness returned. Why was I feeling like this? Suddenly I could see Jiah’s eyes light up with excitement as the door of the café opened. A tall figure entered the small space, immediately spotting my sweet angel. A smug grin slowly played its way onto his lips. I could feel my eyes narrow at him as he made his way to Jiah’s table and greeted her, putting down the bag that was hanging securely over his shoulder. I leaned toward them, struggling to hear their conversation-which was pretty had considering the fact that I was in the other side of the café- luckily enough though, it was very quiet there since it was still morning.

“So, Jiah, are you ready to study?” he asked in his smooth, soothing voice.

“Of course I am.” She replied, sliding the muffin she had ordered toward him. He smiled and took a bite of his muffin.

“What subject should we start with?”

Jiah just sat there as if she were in a trance.

“Hello” he sang to her after a while of silence. “Earth to Jiah.” He waved his hand in front of her face.

“Huh?” she asked franticly as she was pulled out of her daze. He chuckled.

“What subject should we start with?”

“Hmm,” she thought, “biology?”

“Sure thing.” He replied as he reached down into his bag and grabbed his biology text book.

I groaned, feeling that this was the start of something bad. I just hoped that I wouldn’t have to do something I’d regret.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next few days were the same. Jiah would wake up unusually early and go to the same café, with the same dude-whose name I didn’t care to learn- sit at the same table, and study for her classes, except, it wasn’t just extra studying to her. She was too eager to see that jerk, and I couldn’t stand it. What did she see in that guy? He was just a player that held no emotion toward her, I could tell by the way he looked at her what he was after, and I refused to let him get what he wanted. Luckily, Jiah was a very conservative girl with a pure heart, so I only had to worry about those kinds of thing if their “friendly” relationship elevated into more.

I leaned in to hear their conversation, just like I had done every morning since she first met with him.

“Jiah,” he started as they were nearing the end of their session.

“Yes?”

“I was wondering if…” he paused. She waited patiently

“Would you like to go on a date with me?” he asked with mock nervousness.

“A date?” she asked, clearly shocked at his sudden interest in her. He simply nodded, causing her to blush feverishly.

“S-sure” she agreed shyly

Damn it! How could she fall for someone this phony?! My head began to swim with anger at how naïve she was. How in the hell could she like someone as fake as he was. He was a playboy! It was so obvious.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Present day:

I waited hours for Jiah to leave his side so that I could make my move, but that seemed impossible seeing as how she was stuck to his side like a Siamese twin. Luckily for me, it was getting late and he sent her on her way. I chuckled with disgust as she smiled dumbly as she parted ways with him. Was she really this dumb? He sent her home by herself this late at night, what kind of man did that?

I shook off the thoughts of Jiah’s safety. Why should I care about that little ? She left me in the dust for some good looking playboy!

We both waited until she was out of sight to leave. He walked along the still busy streets that buzzed with people and the sound of music blasting out of the night clubs. I followed him closely. Soon we reached a more secluded area. It was a quiet and peaceful place that screamed hospitality and safety, that wouldn’t last for long though. Now was my time to move.

I slowly began to advance forward, quickly closing the space between us.

“Excuse me!?” I yelled out to him when I was close enough, putting on a fake breathless voice. He turned around and faced me

“Yes?”

“U-um,” I stuttered. “M-my car broke down and I was trying to find a service station, but I think I took a wrong turn. Could you lend me your cell phone so that I can call my girlfriend?” He looked at me skeptically, but quickly changed his expression. He started to chuckle.

“What is funny?” I asked him, slightly offended.

“N-nothing” he assured, with a goofy grin painted on his face.

“It’s just that, I’ve been it the same situation before.” He stopped grinning when he saw the look of impatient plastered across my face. He cleared his throat.

“I don’t have a cell phone on me…but you could use my house phone. My house is right over there” he pointed to a little house right up the street.

“Thanks.” I bowed and followed him to his house, giving my self a mental pat on the back for my wonderful acting and his level of naivety.