5

his obsession

 

A/N: this is a chapter of flashbacks into Yongguk's past. all flash backs will be purple, there might be more chapters like this. please comment^^. P.S. there will be a slight simmularity in the argument here and the one from the last chapter.

 

 

 

“I didn’t mean to. She was struggling so much, and I couldn’t get her to calm down. I’m so sorry” a terrified Yongguk cried out to his father. “I’m so sorr-“he tried to apologize again, only to be shut up by the back of his father’s hand colliding with his cheek.

“Do you think I care about you being sorry?” His father yelled. “You’re a pathetic little ! Do you know that?!”

Yongguk bowed his head in shame.

“Look at me damn it! Look at me when I’m talking to you.”

Yongguk looked up at the man who now cursed his name. “y-yes sir.” He managed to speak up over the anguish he felt.

“Let’s go home, NOW!” his father ordered between clenched teeth. Yongguk quickly nodded and followed the direction of his father. He took on last glance at the girl as his father’s goons disposed of her before he left.

 

Yongguk kept his head down as he listened to his father’s endless rant. The yelling didn’t cease since they came home. Yongguk didn’t understand why his father was scolding him so harshly. He’d seen his father kill dozens of people -sometimes just for fun- and his brother too, why was treated so differently.  

“Are you listening to me? You dumb ! Can’t you pay attention for once in your life?”

Yongguk flinched. “I’m sorry” he whispered.

“You’re such a ing idiot” his father said as he pushed Yongguk’s head. “Do you know that?” he asked, pushing his head again. Yongguk sat the quietly, looking at him. His father was too angry to realize that the look in Yongguk’s eyes had turned from anguish to anger.

“Stop it” Yongguk spoke up.

“What did you say?”

“I said stop! Stop it now.” Yongguk spoke calmly, but the anger that had built up in his was easily detectable. His father stood there at gawked at the young boy, and then chuckled suddenly.

“It seems like someone has finally grown a pair.” He laughed. Yongguk stood there, his calm expression replaced with a pissed one. His father looked at him.

“What if I don’t stop?” he asked, pushing Yongguk’s head backward once again. This time, Yongguk’s hand shot up and grabbed his father’s.

“I said stop!” he raised his voice.

“What are you gonna do about it? Huh?” his father was testing him…teasing him. When Yongguk did nothing, his father spoke up.

“You’re pathetic.” He laughed. “You’re just a pathetic little nothing. That’s probably why your mother left you.” He spat at Yongguk. Yongguk felt a small ‘snap’ in the back of his skull

“She didn’t leave me! She left you!” he growled.

“Did she tell you that? Huh? Did you actually believe that she didn’t leave you?” he asked rhetorically. “If she didn’t leave you, why are you and you’re brother still here? Why didn’t she take you with her? She never loved you!”

“STOP LYING!” He yelled. “You’re such a liar! Stop it!”

“She hated you,” His father continued “She hated you because you’re a pathetic little , and she’ll never come back because you always will be.”

“You’ll regret saying that” Yongguk said as he slowly advanced toward him.