3

his obsession

A/N: Yong Guk's POV is in black and Jiah's POV is in red

________________________________________________________________________________

 

I lay in bed, looking at the pictures of Jiah that I had taped all over the ceiling. The feeling I had when looking at her was somehow different. Instead of making me happy, I made me feel…depressed. I still wanted her…no…I still needed her, but it was becoming tedious. Not being able to touch her, to feel the sensation of her soft, supple looking lips on mine, not being able to hold her and take in her intoxicating sent was driving me completely mad. But it wasn’t my fault, it was hers. It was her fault that she was so irresistible. She was evil; teasing me, day and night. I was even beginning to see her in my sleep. It infuriated me. Her constant brightness that me in, her beauty, the fact that all the men she met fell head over heels for her; all of that sent surges of anger and hatred through my entire body. Why was she doing this? Why was she teasing me; hurting me. Didn’t she know how much I loved her? Didn’t she understand that since the day I first she became my life, she became my reason for rising every morning, for continuing to live in the hole world? My hatred for her was strong, but my love was so much stronger. And she knew this! She had to!

“Ah~!” I screamed out. My head was spinning, it was all too much to take in, but it didn’t have to be to be like this. If she would just let me love her, then this wouldn’t be an issue. I sent her gift after gift; clue after clue, but she continued to ignore me. Did she even know that it was me who was sending these things to her? Of course she did! She wasn’t stupid.

She had stopped going out as often. She stayed cooped up it he apartment all day, unless she went to class or out for grocery. I hardly ever saw her these days. Was she avoiding me? Of course not, why would she? But, it felt like she was; was she? Why doesn’t she want me to see her? Huh? Why?  Why does she keep pretending not to know my heart?

“Jiah,” I groaned. “Why?”

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I walked up to my door step, at there it was; another gift. I frowned up my face in disgust as I looked at the neatly wrapped box. I sighed. I was tired of this.

Things were starting to get scary. Every time I came home, another present waited at my front door. None of them were creepy or expensive, but they were the things that I wanted the most, things that I would look at in stores day to day. It was as if this person knew everything. I stopped going to stores and the mall unless my visit was for essentials, but he still knew exactly what I wanted. I was becoming quite paranoid; always looking over my shoulder, always having a feeling that he was watching me, waiting for me to find him. It was as if we were playing hide and go seek. But, this game was no fun, well at least not fore me. Was this person stalking me...well, of course he was! How else would he know where I was at all times? But, why, why me? Did he think that by showering me with gifts that I would fall for him? It was all becoming to much.

I walked into my apartment, leaving the gift outside. I was hoping that by not talking the gift, that this weirdo would get the message. I face palmed myself. What was I saying? This man obviously thought that he as being sweet by buying me all of these things, but I just couldn’t accept them anymore.

I walked in and collapsed on the couch. I was so tired. I closed my eyes, wanting to sleep, but I was woken up by the sound of my stomach growling. I was so busy today that I had forgotten to eat.

Picking up my phone, I dialed the number of a Chinese restraint. I was able to order take out now, because I didn’t have to spend extra money of clothes or useless things, because of him.

After about 30 minutes, there was a knock on the door. Thinking it was the delivery man I got up and took out my wallet.

“How much do I owe you?” I asked, still looking down at the money in my wallet. I waited. When there was no answer, I looked up. There was no one there, but I could feel the presents of someone. I saw something out of the corner of my eye. It was a note, taped to my door. I removed it and, unfolded its yellowing paper, and read it.

“Why didn’t you take the gift? Don’t you like them?”

The feeling of fear and anger washed over me.

“Stop!” I yelled. “I know that you’re out here! I know that you can hear me!” I yelled down the vacant hallway.

“Just stop it already! I don’t want the gifts, I don’t like them!” I stopped to catch my breath, feeling like a maniac for screaming down a seemingly empty hallway. But, he was here. I knew he was. I could feel him; his gaze, I could feel it.

“Please.” I begged in a lower tone of voice, trying to regain my composure. “Please, just leave me alone.”

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I peaked out of my door. I wanted to see if she took the gif like she always did.

It was still there! The gift still lay in on the spot where I last left it. Why was it still there? Why didn’t she take it? Did she not come home yet? Of course she did! I heard her walk up the stairs and close her door. I decided to ask her myself. I walked up to the door, about to knock, when common sense hit me. I couldn’t let her see me. Without much hesitation, I walked back into my apartment and started to write a note. I was curious to why she didn’t except me so suddenly. I wrote as quickly as humanly possible, the rushed back to her door, taped up the note and knocked. I hid in my apartment, peaking through the door, waiting for her to respond. She came outside.

“How much do I owe you?” she asked. I stood there confused. What was she doing? After a while, she looked up. She looked quite puzzled when she saw no one. I smiled when the note finally caught her attention. She read it.

“Stop!” she yelled I know that you’re out here! I know that you can hear me! Just stop it already! I don’t want the gifts, I don’t like them!” she paused for a second. “Please, just leave me alone.”

I felt my jaw clench.

“I’m sorry Jiah” I thought to myself. “But, I can’t, and I won’t. I love you to much to leave you alone.”