2

his obsession

A/N: Yong Guk's POV is in black and Jiah's POV is in red

__________________________________________________________________________

I  followed her as she walked through the city. The sunshine hit her face so perfectly that she almost sparkled. She looked so beautiful today –she was beautiful everyday, but today was different- she looked just like an angel. I took out my camera, zooming in on her perfect face. I took 14, 15, maybe 18 pictures of her –it was a new record- she was so amazingly radiant today, that it was hard to stop trying to capture each moment. Even the slightest movements from her were so melodic, that it seemed as though she were dancing.

Jiah walked into a small café right in the middle of Seoul. It seemed as though she were waiting for someone. I began to feel a bit jealous that I wasn’t the one that she was waiting so patently for. She waited for a long while. Finally, two girls and a guy came in. she greeted them politely –as she always did- and sat back down. The girls where quite beautiful –almost as lovely as my Jiah- there long brown hair swayed beautifully at there shoulders, I could only assume that they were twins. The man was, in a word, a threat to me. He was tall and had a well built muscular body. His face was perfectly symmetrical, giving off the illusion that he was handsome. I scoffed to myself when I saw him start to flirt with Jiah. There was no way a perfect girl like Jiah would fall for a guy like him, she was just too smart.

_________________________________________________________

“Jiah.” I whispered to myself, hoping that she could somehow hear my plea. “Please don’t fall for this guy”

It had been 3 hours since she left her friends. Jiah was out window shopping in the mini mall about a block away from our apartments. She looked completely mesmerized by the color schemes in the stores where she looked. There was one store in particular that seemed to catch her attention the most. She walked into the small store that was filled with cute couple knickknacks. I followed closely behind, keeping myself hidden behind the hoard of people who walked down the cluttered halls.

I could see Jiah’s eyes light up as she looked at something that I could not see from my hiding place. The light in her eyes dulled as she looked at the price of the item. With a small pout, she walked out of the store with her head down. I watched her until she was completely out of the store, and then made my way over to the place where she once stood. I chuckled at what I saw. A pink Domo doll hung from a rick in front of me.

“So, you like Domo” I whispered to my self as I ran my fingers over the woolen plush toy. I took the price tag into my hand and looked at the price. The doll wasn’t that expensive in my eyes, but I guess it was different for Jiah since she was still in University. I observed the toy for a while longer

“If I bought this for you, it’d make you happy right??” I wondered. Knowing the answer to my question immediately, I pulled out my wallet to buy it.

________________________________________________________

I walked home, disappointed.

“Stupid, money , university!” I thought aloud, “I couldn’t even buy that precious Domo plushy because of you!”

I couldn’t stop the pout on my face from extending into a full frown.

“Do you hate university that much that you curse it?” a familiar voice asked.

“Yes,” I muttered as I looked up at Yong Guk who was blocking my path. “It’s too expensive”

I heard him chuckle. “Hang in there. It’ll be over before you know it.” With a smile, he walked into his apartment. I couldn’t help but get into that beautiful gummy smile of his.

“B-b-bye” I stuttered when I came back to my senses, but by that time he had already disappeared into the solitude of his own apartment. I could feel a blush spread across my face as I quickly scurried into my home.

_______________________________________________________

As I got ready for bed, there was a quick, almost rushed knock at the door. I walked quickly toward the door, matching the urgency of the knock. When I opened the door, to my surprise, no one was there.

“Stupid kids” I thought. “Out this late playing ding dong ditch.” I shook my head, walking outside, trying to catch a glimpse of the culprits in action. As I stepped forward I stumbled over something that was laid out in front of my door. I looked down and found a box, wrapped in the cutest pink and brown wrapping paper.

“Who could this be from” I thought, “Maybe they dropped it off at the wrong apartment”

I picked up the box despite my suspicions and took it inside. When I opened the box, the Domo that I saw earlier looked at me. His button eyes glistened under the dim lamps in my din

“Omo, Domo, who bought you” I questioned the plushy. I looked through the box, trying to find a card or something that might clarify who had bought this for me. Under the paper that outlined the inside of the box was a small note

“To: Jiah. From: your secret admirer” I read aloud, “Isn’t this the Domo you wanted so badly?”

I smiled to myself, flattered that I had a secret admirer that care enough to buy me my Domo. But, the flattery feeling was quickly replaced by fear. How did he know that I wanted this Domo?