Tough Love

I Wanna Be Yours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*At Tiffany's Room

Tiffany’s POV

I was reading my notes when I hear my phone rings. I look at the caller ID and pick it up. “Hello, Taeyeon.”

“Why didn’t you pick up earlier?” What's wrong with her. She sounds furious.

“What? I’m sorry but I’m really busy at this moment. I didn’t realize the call.”

“Busy, busy, and busy. Always.” She raises her voice.

I look at my watch. “Isn’t it pretty late in Korea right now?” I sigh and try to control my emotion.

“Yes. It’s 2 a.m. here.”

I rub my temple. “I really wish you can see how busy I am right now, Taeyeon.”

“I’m also busy with my assignments, my life-”

“If you call just to have an argument and compare our situation, you better stop.”

“I’m not. What are we, Tiffany? Are you still my girlfriend? Are you tired with me?”

I feel stressed with the bombarding questions from her. “I don’t know why you asks me these questions. I don’t-”

“Be honest. It’s been a few months since you’re behaving like this towards me.” She hisses. She’s trying to not raise her voice.

“It’s nothing, Taeyeon. You’re just being paranoid for nothing.” She takes a deep breath, and I could hear her sigh.

“I’m being paranoid?”

“You know what, Taeyeon. I think I can’t do this anymore. I have a lot of things to do. Besides, having a conversation with you like this right now really didn’t help me at all. Bye, I have to go.” Without waiting for her reply, I end the call and throw my phone on the table. We always ended up bickering and this is why I don’t really want to answer her call.

The next day

After picking up the outfits, Yuri and I put it at the backstage. I’m pleased that all of the outfits turn out really pretty. “Can’t wait for tomorrow.” Yuri said which earns a nod from me. My focus is still on the clothing.

“Can’t believe we’ve come so far. Let’s tell our groupmates about the progress.” I was going to walk away from Yuri. She nonetheless moved forward to grab my arm. I bit my lips and give in. I turn to her. I pretty much know what she's going to say actually but I pretend to have no clue. “What’s wrong?”

“Sorry for that day. I didn’t mean to-” “Yuri, I’ve told you that I don’t want to talk about it anymore.” I cut her off. I released my arm from her hand.

“But you seem to enjoy it!” She hissed. Her eyes start to well up with tears, which I can see.

I close my eyes and take a deep breath. “Yes, and that’s the problem.” I left Yuri and went straight to my room.

I throw myself on the bed. I still remember that night vividly. Last weekend, Yuri and I went to get a drink and we ended up getting drunk. I sent Yuri to her room after we get out from the taxi.

Flashback

“I didn’t know you were this heavy.” I said while helping Yuri to walk. We were at the hallway of the university accommodation. “Tiffany.” She tugged the hem of my blouse.

“Why? Is there anything you want to-” In a blink of an eye, her lips slowly pressed on mine. I'm not sure what that meant, but it feels so good. I kissed her back and bring my hands around her neck. Then, I heard a sound from behind. Like a shot, I remembered Taeyeon. I quickly pull myself away from the kiss. I turn around. Gladly there was no one there.

“This is a mistake. We shouldn’t be doing this.” I told Yuri and walk away from her.

“Tiff! Tiffany! Wait for me!” I could hear Yuri calling for me, but I chose to ignore her.

She ran and stopped in front of me. “Ugh.” She held her head and tried to stable herself. “I’m sorry, Tiffany. I don’t want things to be awkward between us. The kiss earlier, I really mean it Tiffany. And I know you like it too.”

“Let’s forget about it. That was an accident, Yuri.” Then, I walk away from her.

End of flashback

“What’s wrong with me lately? I’m sorry, Taeyeon.” But then, I remembered the call with Taeyeon yesterday. I groan. Hopefully everything is fine until tomorrow. I decided to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter