Hurtful Love Memories

I Wanna Be Yours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon’s POV

“Appa.” I call my dad over the phone.

“Oh, Taeyeon. My daughter.”

I rub my temple. “Why don’t you discuss with me first?”

“About what? Tiffany?” He can tell I'm calling him for a reason. My dad decides to invest in Tiffany's company project before discussing it with me.

“There’s nothing wrong with it. We can help them. Plus, we can expand our business. That’s the purpose of this joint venture, Taeyeon.” He adds.

“Yeah, I know but-”

“Why? Because she is your ex-girlfriend?” He cuts me.

“No. it’s not like that.”

“Then, I see nothing’s wrong with it.”

“Fine.” I let out a sigh.

“And you’ll attend the meeting with them.”

I frown at his statement. “But-”

“No buts, Kim Taeyeon. I’ll fly to Japan this week and I believe you can handle the meeting.”

“Okay, I’ll handle it.” I hang up the call. Why do I need to meet her again and again? Taeyeon, you need to keep personal and work matters apart. I remind myself.

 

Jessica’s POV

While lying in bed, I go through my Instagram feed. Then, someone catches my eye. “So cute.” I decide to leave a comment on her post. “Cutie” I write. Pft. This is my first time sending a comment on a stranger's post.

*

Should I follow her? I follow her account without thinking twice. Later, I realize that I have been spending a lot of time stalking her social media. I send a direct message to Krystal. I tell her about the girl.

*

I ask my sister. “Isn’t she cute?” I chuckle at her replies. She’s going to tease me later and I know it very well.

 

The next day

*Meeting Room C

Tiffany’s POV

“I don’t really agree with this concept.” Taeyeon speaks as she breaks the silence. Yuri has been presented the idea for an hour now.

“P-pardon?” Yuri asks, she looks a bit dejected.

“What makes you think that we can easily attract clients with that idea?” Taeyeon asks sternly. All eyes on her. “I’ll give you a week.”

“Let's end the meeting.” She gets up from her seat and leave the room.

 

“Can I meet Taeyeon for a while?” I ask Sooyoung. After the meeting, I told Yuri that I want to go to the toilet for a while but I go to meet Taeyeon instead.

“You need to book an appointment first, Tiffany.”

“Please, Sooyoung.” I beg for her help.

She sighs. “Wait a minute. Let me ask her.”

Let her in. I can hear Taeyeon’s voice from the intercom.

 

“What is it?” She says, not looking at me. Eyes on her computer.

“Are you doing this because you hate me?”

“What did I do?” She looks at me with cold expression. I swallow my saliva. The way she stares at me makes me feel nervous. “The meeting earlier. You don’t agree with our idea. Is it because of me?”

She takes off her glasses. “I don’t agree with the concept. It doesn’t have anything to do with you. What makes you believe I rejected the idea because of you?”

"If you don't want to invest on us, I will find another company." We really need an investor to start our business and to find an investor is really hard. How could I say that I will find another company. 

“Are you sure?” She asks me but I don't know what to reply to her. I bit my lips and look on the floor.

She sighs. “All you need to do is to improve the idea before the next meeting. You need to convince me that your business will go well so that I can invest on you. You can go now.”

I go out from her room and sigh. I was delighted when Taeyeon's father agreed to invest in us, but I believe it is not as easy as I thought.

 

Jessica's POV

“Here. She’s cute right? Don’t deny it.” I show Amber the girl’s Instagram profile. Or should I say Kim Taeyeon’s profile. As it shown on the screen.

*

“Wow. Jessica. She’s pretty. I mean look at her.” Amber says amusedly and scrolls her Instagram.

“And I think she’s following you back.” She adds.

“What? Really?” I take my phone from her, and I can see the notification. Suprised that she's following me back.

“C’mon. This is your chance.” Krystal says in English. "I know you've been dreaming about her. Seeing the way you check her Instagram. You should ask for her number as well." She wiggles her eyebrows.

"It's not that easy, Soojung."

"So make it easy then." I scoff. She always knows how to respond.

 

I was thinking if I should send her a direct message. I stare at her profile for a long time.

“Just send it.” Krystal says. She’s holding her mug, looking at me.

I clear my throat. “What?”

“You’ve been staring at her Instagram profile for god knows how long.”

“Is it that obvious?” I ask as she sits beside me on the couch.

“Give me.” She takes my phone.

“Hey! What are you going to do?” I try to take my phone back, but she blocks me using her shoulder.

“There you go.”

“Yah!”

“Why? It could take forever if I wait for you to do it.” She rolls her eyes. “Don’t unsend it.” She stops me from deleting the message.

“Okayyy. Fine.” I bit my lips and stare at the message. I just replied to her Instagram story. Obviously, it's not me, but from Taeyeon's perspective, it's me who's sending the message. Ugh, whatever. I close the app and grab my laptop. I wait patiently for the email I wrote two weeks ago. Well, not so patient anymore as I've been opening the email f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter