Stay With Me

My Rosie

(Didn't proof read so don't be coming for my grammar LMAO )

Chaeyoung's POV

"Its getting cold and jisoo's blowing up my phone the annoying unnie, let's go" She says holding out her hand for me to take. I shyly take it. 

We walk in silence, my emotions are a little all over the place. I feel like whenever I I decide that I need to distance myself from her she pulls me right back in and I'm always ready to let her. 

It's always been like this, I'm hopeless for not realising my feelings for her sooner. But what I don't understand is why can't she let me go. 

"What you thinking so hard about" she ask, her thumb running small circles on hand. 

I turn to look at her, really taking her in " nothing much" I decide to reply. I'm not ready to talk to her about everything just yet, I want to figure myself out first. 

She looks towards me curiously " are you sure you don't want to talk about it" we arrive at the car but she's still holding my hands and looking at me to explain. My heart starts to race but I decide to be honest. 

"Unnie, I don't really want to talk about it. Not yet." I say softly, I don't want to hurt her feelings but it's better than lying to her.  

"You keep calling me that" she says clenching her jaw but her eyes are soft she's not angry. 

"Unnie?" I ask hesitantly. 

"Yes unnie" she scoffs and pulls her hands out of my grasp. She moves to the other side of the car opening the door for me hinting for us to leave. despite the atmosphere I blush lightly by her opening the door as I get into her car. 

She gets in the car still with a slight frown on her face. 

"Hey I'm sorry it just slipped out" I say moving to hold her hand. 

"It's been slipping up a lot lately, ever since Coachella" Her voice is sharp and she's getting angry making me a little nervous, I didn't think she noticed me calling her unnie it was one way I could distance myself from her without being to obvious and also a way that I could remind myself thats all she is, all she'll ever be to me. 

"I think it just stuck because there were cameras at Coachella" I hope she accepts that excuse. 

"Rosie, when it's just you and me call me my name or anything but unnie. I'm not some acquaintance." 

"I'm sorry, don't be mad" I say, she stays quiet. I move my body closer to her as she drives trying to get her attention. 

"Don't be mad Jennie" I say quietly into her ear then kiss her cheek, I decide to linger near her face and watch her reaction. She's trying hard to not smile bringing a warmness within by her cute and stubbornness. 

Luckily we're at a traffic light so i'm not distracting her too much. 

She taps her cheek with her finger and leans more to my face, I giggle by her action but comply and kiss her cheek again. 

"Again" she says, I roll my eyes but once again comply. I kiss her cheek multiple times and even wrap my arms around her playfully. 

"Still upset" I say cutely now pulling away as the light turns green. 

"You're lucky you're cute" she huffs. 

..............................

"About time" Jisoo says as we arrive, hand on her hip looking irritated. I then notice Her eyes move to the hand holding mine, I see her face instantly harden. Just by that look I'm reminded of the conversation I heard between them and the pain I felt. 

I come back to reality, the reality of why I chose to get away from her. I move away from her slowly, I think Jisoo notices my saddened look because it seems like she's about to grab me, I choose to ignore her and move to the lounge where Lisa is. 

"Rosie I missed you" the cheery maknae says and I guess my best friend. 

"Yah Lisa, don't jump on me you're heavy" I say laughing. 

"Oh shut up you love it" 

"Here" I look at the cup handed to me and smell it. 

"Oh god Lisa how much bloody vodka did you put in"  I drink it anyway not wanting o be rude. 

"Not much" she says quietly looking away while drinking her own drink. 

Jennie and jisoo have both just walked back in, and theirs defiantly tension surrounding the two, as usual Lisa is just too into her own world to notice. 

"How much longer until we have to go back to the dungeon" 

"A week, yg oppa said they have new songs for us to record" Jennie replies. 

" Songs that never get released " Lisa says drinking the rest of her drink. She gets a small shove from Jisoo by her comment. 

" Shut up whatever his plan has been, its seemed to work so far. Look at where we are in out career this wouldn't of happened without him. " I know jisoo's right but it still doesn't mean it hurts less seeing all the fans sad or get angry because we don't release new songs. 

"He talked to me and said we're going to release an album next year" Jennie says quietly munching on the chicken Jisoo bought. 

"He told you that" I managed to say. 

"Hmm" is all she replies. 

"why does he always tell you everything" I ask, I didn't mean for it to come out as harsh as it is. 

"Whats that suppose too mean" she says sharply. 

"Unnie, I didn't mean it like th-" 

"STOP CALLING ME THAT" the room goes silent, jennies breathing heavily and all of us are shocked about her shouting. I can feel myself getting nervous sweat starting to form. 

"Jennie, I'm sorry I didn't mean for it to come out that harsh and for calling you unnie" I manage to croak out.  

"its.... Fine, i'm sorry for yelling there's just a lot going on and I'm tired. I'm gonna go to bed, night" and just like that she's gone. Leaving just the three of us and me feeling guilty. 

"Im gonna check on her" I say ready to go after her but Jisoo grabs my arm, I look at her confused. 

"Let her be, she needs some time to herself" my gut feeling is telling me I need to go after her but what right do I have. 

"Can you at least check on her Jisoo, I don't want her to be alone." I ask worried. 

"Sure thing pasta" she gets up and kisses me and Lisa on the forehead. 

"Make sure you two eat and drink if you want, I might not come back down so have some fun arrasoo" 

"Wait" I quickly run to the kitchen and grab two plates then put food on both of them. 

"take some food, I don't think she ate much today" she smiles warmly and takes the plates. 

"Night girls" and now it's just me and Lisa. 

"That was...awkward, are you okay chaeng" 

"Yeah I'm okay" 

"I hope Jennie's okay, she's just seems down lately like somethings troubling her" Lisa says while devouring some chicken nonchalantly. 

"What, really since when?" 

"Hmmm probably since we came back to Korea, but you've been gone so I'm not surprised you don't know" I freeze guilt slowly building in my chest. 

"Oh Chae! I didn't mean it to come out like that, i'm not blaming you!" but why do I feel like I'm the reason. 

"Chae oh no, don't give me sad eyes" 

"What are talking about I'm fine" my voice is shaky but I smile still. 

"I think I'm gonna go to bed to" 

"WHYYYYYYYY stay a little I don't want to eat by myself down here alone it's scary." 

"You'll be fine, you've got your animal army to protect you." 

"Oh I need to feed them!" then she's off to the kitchen.

"Pabu" I say to myself smiling. 

"NIGHT LISA" 

"NIGHT CHAE" 

as i'm walking through the hallway I stop at jennies door, everything in me wants to open it and comfort her and just be in her arms but I can't. Plus the hushed voices coming out of her room let me know Jisoo is with her, Jisoo her best friend and the person she trust most. If she wanted to see anyone it would be her not me. 

.............................

 

2am 

Im still awake playing on my phone since I can't get to sleep because of what went down. I hate seeing her upset and something is obviously upsetting her not just about what I said, it's bigger than just that. And me not being around has meant she's been dealing with it without me, besides what I feel for her she's still Jennie and I want to be there for her. I just need to find the right balance and what I've been doing isn't the right way. 

the door of my room is slowly opening, the light from the hallway creeping Into the darkness . I look at the door curiously, is Lisa being a again and tryna sleep in my room. 

But despite it being dark I know that silhouette anywhere and its Jennie. I stay quiet to see what she's doing confused but content she's here for whatever reason. 

"rosie" she says quietly now right next to my side of the bed. 

"Jen" I say reaching for her hand. 

"Can I stay with you" her voice is quiet but yet so vulnerable, breaking me heart. I open my blanket and move over so she can fit instead of replying not trusting my voice at the moment. 

She moves right away to the spot next to me throwing her leg over mine and using my chest as a pillow. I want her closer so I pull her so she's lying on top of me and wrap my arms around her waist tightly. She doesn't resist instead snuggles her face into my neck and moves her own arms under me tightly. 

I squeeze her softly so content with her in my arms like this. We stay like this silently taking our time to relish in each others embrace. 

"Are you okay my agi" I whisper. I know she likes me calling her that. 

"Now I am" she sighs into my neck, I can feel her sink deeper into me if thats even possible. I try to calm my heart hearing her say now I am but that could mean many things than what im thinking or more like hoping. 

"Are you angry with me" I reply. 

"No" 

"are you sure" 

"I wasn't angry, just.. upset." she says softly. 

"Lets make up, I'm sorry and I love you Jennie" She shifts her head so its now hovering over my own. My moonlight from the window slightly lighting her beautiful face. 

"What do we do when we makeup" I gulp, so she does remember that night. 

"W-we say sorry" my voice is way to high when I let that out, oh god. 

"Hmm, I don't think that was it" she says slowly leaning down her eyes moving from my own to my lips and i'm doing the same to her. She traces her thumb lightly over my quivering  bottom lip I don't know if they're moving from excitement or nerves. 

"We kiss and makeup" and right after she says that she kisses me, Her lips are soft, almost silken, and pillowy against my own. I could feel the soft tickle of her breath beneath my nose, fingers softly raking through my loose hair. Then she deepens it delicately, unlike last time which was rushed and slopping we take our time to explore. This kiss puts the last one to shame, or any kiss I've ever had to shame. There is no doubt in me that I don't love her, because this feels like nothing and everything. Nothing else matters and Jennie is everything I ever wanted. 

She pulls away softly, I force myself to not chase after her lips as we part still in a daze, we don't speak, we just look at each other and tonight thats enough. 

I'll let myself ponder about this another time, but I hate that I think she only does this because she loves me and knows how I feel about her. 

"We okay now" I say after a while. 

"We're good" she says now back to snuggling into me, I'm sure she can feel my heart beating but thats okay because it's for her anyway. 

..........................

let me know what you think xoxoxo