Scars to my heart

My Rosie

 

 

 

"Irene!" I say excitedly once me and Jennie are ushered to the v.i.p room. 

 

 

 

 

"Chaeng" she says calmly with a sweet smile. Than her eyes turn. 

 

"Mandu! I've missed you, why haven't you come to see your Unnie" Irene says happily, I let out a sigh of relief seeing that Irene really was okay with her coming. 

 

"yah! stop calling me that" Jennie says pouting. 

 

"Give me a hug you little " Irene says looking at Jennie, I'm surprised seeing how their dynamic is. Jennie rolls her eyes but complies. 

 

"Come sit " What strikes me is that Irenes looking at me while tapping her chair and Jennie is looking at me sharply. I feel nervous for some unknown reason. 

 

"Jennie sit by Irene I'm sure you two would like to catch up." 

 

"Nonsense I see Jennie more than I see you so come sit by me since someone decided to crash our date" Irene says smoothly but in a teasing way. 

 

"As if Rosie would date you" shoots out of Jennie sharply as she thumps onto the seat in front of us.  I look at irene afraid that Jennies attitude will turn her away from me before anythings even started. But all I see is a smirk. 

 

"Well Jennie that's not for you to answer" irene says now turning to me,  the smirk just moments ago now morphing into a sweet smile distracting me from answering. 

 

"Chaeyoung" Jennie says sharply. 

 

"I-i, what" I saying panicking. 

 

"Answer" 

 

"You don't have to" Irene says softly holding my hand under the table which instantly calms my nerves. 

 

"Lets order" Irene says swiftly. Already calling in the waiter to take our order. I look to Jennie but she's not looking at me anymore, she looks blank? like she's not here. Over the course of the night we talk and laugh, Irenes hand never leaves mine. But what's unusual is that Jennie doesn't say much, no snarky comments or flaming glares and that scares me even more. It's like she's not even here, but she does enough to not be too suspicious. But knowing her for years I can tell she's not okay. 

 

"Hey I'm getting really tired, big day. I'm gonna head off" she says with a weak smile moving around to Irene giving her a quick hug. Then she turns to me and I see it, the sadness in her eyes but for what reason. As fast as it came it's gone, she smiles and hugs me.

 

"Have fun" she says weakly and pulls away but I grab her hand before she can leave. 

 

"Hey, I'll come back with you" I say concerned. 

 

"No no stay. Have fun I'm just really tired, I'll see you later." She turns around softly pulling away from me. But I see the glassy look in her eyes. I look at Irene and she has a straight face on. My heart hurts seeing that look in her eyes but I stay. 

 

....................

 

Jennies POV 

 

I walk out of the restaurant hurriedly feeling numb. I always knew this day would come but I could never prepare my heart for the pain I feel now. Hot angry tears are falling from my eyes. 

 

I promised years ago to let go of her, but I always relied on the fact that I knew she liked me, loved me. I could ignore everything knowing I was in her heart, but now its falling apart, I'm slipping away from her. The way she looked at Irene. Just the thought makes me stop my steps. 

 

I loved her with everything I had, she'll always be my first love. I thought I got over these feelings but someone else taking the spot where I should be makes me cry harder. 

 

 ................

 

The past

 

I'm practicing the new dance routine our teacher is making us do, not caring about the looks I get knowing they're out of envy. They use to bother me, always on me everywhere from the teachers to the other trainees. No trainee dared to say anything to my face though, I liked it that way but maybe I forced myself to think like that. 

 

Than the room goes quiet, I don't notice at first but when someone chooses to sit in my site of line I stop what I'm doing annoyed. I turn to fully face her so I can maybe scare her away. But then I see her, big eyes looking warily around the room. She's nervously picking at her outfit which is a mix of punk and girl next door. Usually this combo would annoy me but looking at the nervous girl it suits her so well. 

 

She shouldn't be nervous when she looks like that, I think staring at the girl up and down. Very pretty. 

 

"Hurry, line up!" our instructor says loudly. I move casually to where the rest of the girls are but keep my eyes on the new girl. She looks confused by what he's said but follows what we're doing. 

 

Throughout our whole lesson I watch her out of curiosity. She's keeping up but her moves are unpolished and flimsy. I know she's a foreigner when the instructors trying to talk to her but all he's doing is yelling. My instincts kick in and I move to where they are. 

 

"Do you speak English" I say to the lost girl. Her eyes open wide and she nods frantically. The instructor looks annoyed but I ignore him and explain what he's been trying to say to her. She smiles brightly, making me surprised. 

 

ba bump, ba bump 

 

 

"Thank you" she says in her Australian accent, close to my own kiwi one. 

 

"N-no worries" I say trying to sound cold but even I know I sound like a lost puppy. What the hell was that. 

 

"C-could, you stay by me" she ask with a pout. Looking at me innocently and like I'm an angel. Contrast to the looks I've become accustomed to. 

 

Not trusting my voice I nod. Throughout the rest of the routine we fall in sink. She follows my directions. She's still a little stiff but she's improved a lot. She's breathing heavily but when we make eye contact her bright smiles still there despite the angry instructor and the glare of trainees. 

 

Sunshine is what it reminds me of. Sunshine in a place like this. 

 

"Thank you again" she says adorably, when she stands up properly I now notice the height difference. Even with her height she still seems so small. 

 

"It's okay" I say coldly, trying to hide my own nervousness. Anyone else would have left too afraid or even angry thinking I'm a . But she doesn't she stays, she follows me everywhere after this. 

 

I tried to be cold at first, push her away. But she always stuck, kept smiling at me. Encouraged me. Never left me, she stayed. 

 

It only took her two weeks to get me to finally cave into her, i started telling jokes and she no longer was the only one seeking me out. I would always find her and she found me. People would talk but she never cared because her eyes were always where I was, never leaving. I unknowingly did the same. 

 

Then came Jisoo and Lisa came, jisoo was like an older sister I always wanted. So cool, she never cared about what anyone thought of her. Always doing weird things that I found hilarious. We looked like lunatics together but I never cared because she didn't, she became my best friend. Than Lisa came, at first I was going to murder her because I heard that her and Chaeyoung had some rivalry going on but Rosie like the angel is stopped me, then out of nowhere they were best friends. It took me a while to share Rosie but once we all started hanging out everything just clicked into place. 

 

It was us four against the world. I felt alive, happy this is what I always wanted but never had. I was 16 when I realised my affection for Rosie wasn't the same as Jisoo or Lisa. I was 17 when I realised I loved her. 

 

"Jennie" Rosie says with a pout walking into my dorm thats become her second home. I sit up an she engulfs me into a tight embrace. I don't hesitate and do the same rubbing her back affectionally. By now I know I love her, so I take everything I can get. 

 

"Boys are talking about you" she says grumpily. My heart starts to race. 

 

"Thats normal" I say amused trying to disguise feelings of hope. Hope that maybe she likes me back. 

 

"I don't like it" she replies quietly tightening her grasp. 

 

"Why" 

 

"Because you're my Jennie, they're trying to take you away"  

 

"Would that make you upset" I try to dig. 

 

"Yes" I pull away to look at her and tears are escaping her pretty eyes. 

 

"Jennie, you love me more than them right" she says with so much emotion. 

 

"I love you more than anyone" I say back. There it is, the sunshine smile that I've come to cherish. 

 

"I love you more than anyone too" she says now peppering my face with kisses. We giggle and like nothing happen lie down in my bed cuddling and talking about everything and anything. In this moment I think nothing could be better. Anything with Chaeyoung is better. 

 

................................

 

"Hi, you wanted to speak to me?" I say confidently sitting in front of the ceo. I've never really been afraid of him, I've always known I'm his star and he's told me himself that I'll debut. And now that me rosie Lisa and Jisoo are all debuting together I couldn't be more happy. When we found out it's the four of us we all cried and held each other the whole night. 

 

"Congratulations on being picked" he says smiling. 

 

"Thank you" I say happily, already imaging our future. A future with Rosie. 

 

"I wanted to speak to you first since I know you are the most senior out of the girls." I listen intently. 

 

"We're changing the line up" he says. 

 

"What" my voice is quiet and in disbelief. My heart sinking. 

 

"This happens Jennie, you out of everyone should know this. We looked over the other girls and you all fit together but we think that putting someone else in Chaeyoung's position would be better. I wanted your opinion on these two other trainees" he says this all nonchalantly, like its nothing. Like he hasn't just broken me and destroyed someone else's life. 

 

"Are you serious" I say heavily breathing, getting riled up. He looks shocked by my attitude. 

 

"Of course, why are you getting so worked up I know you don't really have friends here so I didn't think it would matter to you" 

 

"No you can't do this!" I say now standing up, looking at him fiercely. 

 

"Watch your tone" he bites back. 

 

"Please don't do this" my voice is quivering now, no longer holding the bite I once had. He doesn't react but looks at me curiously. 

 

" It's already decided, after this meeting I'll be bringing her in to tell her myself." 

 

My legs feel weak stumble to the chair in front of him. 

 

"I'll, I'll do anything" its quiet. I look up at him intently. 

 

"I'll do anything" 

 

he doesn't cut rosie out, but I lose a piece of me. 

 

I pull away from rosie over the time of our debut, it breaks my heart hurting her more and more but I have to do this to protect my heart and hers. I see the longing stares she sends me. The first thing I have to do is kai. 

 

"We need a scandal, you and some boy. Doesn't matter who he just has to be a star." 

 

I don't question it and do what I have to. I choose the guy I could see my self liking, Kai so handsome, a perfect playboy. 

 

It wasn't hard to entice him. He wanted some fun and I needed this, I didn't sell myself I wanted him in some way. It helped being with him, fooling around. He took the pain away whenever I looked at her. But it was never love, no one ever compared to her. 

 

And we got caught, like I planned. The scandal brought in attention. YG didn't care that it was bad and that maybe all the hate would hurt me but it's what I signed up for. I kept seeing kai for a little but stopped when I saw Rosie look at me like I was somebody she didn't know. And in some ways I was. 

 

I closed myself off from everything. Mainly her, but over time I shut my feelings down for her, I deluded myself into thinking I didn't love her, even when we kissed. I felt like I had some power back, knowing she wanted me still. Like she's mine. 

 

and now here we are. Me crying in a parking lot because the girl I love is with somebody else and I am still that powerless teenager who couldn't do anything, with a guy I barely like. But I've hurt her enough. She should be with someone she can love with no games. 

 

I'll let you go. And I'd still choose to do everything I've done if it meant having you by my side and doing what you were born for. Because you're Rosie, my Rosie. 

 

 

 

 

.....................................

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Finally got Jennies POV and a bit of background. Hope you enjoy hehe