Grief

My Unbreakable Warrior

 

It has now been a month after the accident. As expected Jaeyeon was not the same after he parent’s death. She had lack of speech and appetite.

She doesn’t smile or laugh, the bright little girl that was Lee Jaeyeon is now a cold-quiet; to herself kind of child.

She no longer associates or socializes with anyone at her pre-school, causing her teachers a lot of concern. It’s as if the Lee’s took their happy joyful daughter with them.

“Naeun, please call Jaeyeon down for dinner.” Mrs. Son instructed. Naeun nodded. She went up the stairs and found Jaeyeon lying on the floor.

In her hands, she was playing with the art piece she planned to give to her parents the day of the accident. She didn’t want to leave it at their tombstone yet.

Naeun softened. She carefully bent down next to her. “Jaeyeonnie, it’s time for dinner.” Jaeyeon didn’t move the slightest.

“Come quickly. Let’s wash up.” Naeun took her hand and led her to the washroom. Naeun washed her hands for her like a good unnie and gave her a piggy back ride down the stairs.

“Jaeyeon annyeong.” Mrs. Son greeted as she looked up from the pot. Jaeyeon gave a little wave in response.

 “Guess what we’re having for dinner.” Mrs. Son tried again. Jaeyeon stared at the table. “Jaeyeon, can you guess?” Mrs. Son asked.

Jaeyeon shrugged. Mrs. Son’s shoulders deflated. “I made spaghetti with fried duck and kimchi, one of your favorites.”

Jaeyeon looked up; her eyes weren’t as hard anymore. She blinked at the pasta plate that Naeun placed in front of her. She nodded her head encouragingly.

“I know I won’t make it as great as your umma, but I tried my best.” Mrs. Son smiled sincerely. Jaeyeon’s eyes started to turn blue again at the mention of her mother.

 “Come on, let’s eat.” Jaeyeon snapped out of her thoughts and hesitantly picked up her fork.

She took a bite and slowly chewed. It tasted marvelous; Mrs. Son did a great job. It tasted just like how her mother makes it.

Jaeyeon then hopped off her chair and ran up the stairs. It startled Mrs. Son and Naeun. Her mother sighed in defeat.

Naeun’s eyes were apologetic. Her mother was trying so hard. Mrs. Son nodded indicating for her daughter to be excused. Mrs. Son rested her elbows on the table and covered her face.

 As Naeun reached the top of the steps she could hear Jaeyeon’s cries. It was not only cries but Jaeyeon was speaking. Naeun leaned her ear against her door to get a better audio.

“Umma! Appa! I miss you! Come back to me! Come back to me please! I need you, I can’t be living without you! I feel sorry for Naeun unnie and her mom, I feel like I’m burdening them too much! I feel so sorry. I feel like I’m empty! Was I bad to Umma and Appa for this to happen? I’m sorry I wasn’t there with you! Just come back to me please! Please…!” Jaeyeon sobbed from under the blankets.

Naeun barged into the room and yanked Jaeyeon into her arms and cried with her. Her heart hurt so much to see her dongsang this way.

“Lee Jaeyeon, you are no burden. Don’t you ever say that again. And you never did anything bad for this to happen to you. Listen to unnie.” Naeun said sternly.

Jaeyeon cried hard into Naeun’s chest. Mrs. Son heard it all from the stairs. She too started to cry. This is what you call symptoms of grief.

------

The next day some of the remainings from the house fire were sent to the Son house. The three ladies went through it together. Jaeyeon couldn’t handle it; she ended up breaking down at the partial burnt family picture that survived.

You could still smell a little charred odor on the items. As Jaeyeon had another little breakdown, Mrs. Son went to go wash Jaeyeon’s clothes again to get rid of the smoke odor.

After she put the clothes into the washer, she framed the surviving pictures and set them in both the living room and next to Jaeyeon’s bed. Mrs. Son released a troubled sigh. "She's changing without you here..."

_____________

Hi YOM~

How are you guys doing with the sad beginning?

Haha sorry again xp Just a fair warning.

The next chapter is going to be super long!

Hope that's okay. Aww Jaeyeon's becoming a cold child...

Also B.A.P will be coming soon. Look forward to it!

Thanks for Reading!

Comments are lovedSubscribers make my dayFriends are welcome! ^^