Last Goodbyes

My Unbreakable Warrior

 

As the funeral ended, people left the same way they arrived. Giving their condolences to Jaeyeon and smothering her.

Her expression remained the same for everyone who spoke to her. Sungmin saw Jaeyeon’s eyes starting to well with tears.

“Noona, is it okay if I steal Jaeyeon for a sec?” He whispered to Naeun in her ear. She nodded.

“Jaeyeon, come with me.” Sungmin tugged on her hand. Jaeyeon looked at Naeun. Naeun nodded encouragingly. Hesitantly Jaeyeon followed Sungmin outside to the bench.

For an unfortunate event, it sure was a beautiful day. Jaeyeon seemed to enjoy it too. She inhaled the fresh air and let the breeze dance around her. She looked at her folded hands and kicked her swinging feet.

“Jaeyeon, I’m really sorry about your parents. I’d be really sad if I were you too.” Sungmin put a hand on her shoulder. “But if you ever need anything, I’ll be here okay? I promise.” He held up his pinky.

Jaeyeon stared at it for a while before she laced her tiny pinky through his. “That’s a promise, I hope you keep it.” She responded. Sungmin nodded, knowing how important promises were to Jaeyeon.

“Me too, but in case anything ever happens and we’re apart or I’m not with you, always have this and think of me okay?” Sungmin took out a necklace from his pocket and clamped it around her neck. “JS?” Jaeyeon questioned not getting it.

“Yeah, Jaeyeon-Sungmin silly.” He smiled sweetly. Jaeyeon actually smiled at his gesture. “Thank you oppa, I’ll never take it off.” Jaeyeon smiled.

“Awe, you called me oppa.” Sungmin put a hand to his chest exaggerating his emotions. “Don’t get used to it.” Jaeyeon lightly pushed him. “Haha pabo, come here.” He opened his arms and she scooted in them.

“I’m really happy you and Naeun unnie are here with me. I wouldn’t know what to do without you.” Jaeyeon buried her face in Sungmin’s shoulder.

Sungmin softened. “I feel the same. Best Friends have to stick together right? Even through hardships, we still get through it.”

“I’m scared, I feel different. I don’t know if things will ever be the same…” Jaeyeon started to tear. “I lost so much Sungminnie; my parents, my home, a majority of my belongings.”

Sungmin her head. “I know I’m so sorry…”

 “Sungmin oppa, would you still love me if I were different? Or if I changed?” Sungmin blinked at her. “Lee Jaeyeon, I will always love you. You’re the first girl in my heart; apart from my umma of course.” He smiled.

Jaeyeon grew relieved. “I love you too Choi Sungmin. I’ll always have a special place in my heart for you.” Sungmin grew warm at those words. The two kids smiled at each other.

The moment was interrupted by a calling voice which belonged to Mrs. Son. “Kids! Come quickly!” The two friends hopped off the bench and raced into the building.

“Say your last goodbyes to your umma and appa Jaeyeon.” Mrs. Son whispered as she nudged Jaeyeon to the open caskets.

Jaeyeon could hardly bear the sight of her cold, make up covered parents. “Mommy, daddy, can you really hear me? I’m going to miss you so much. Why did you have to leave me? Why did you keep me alone? You promised to give me siblings. I don’t know what to do now. I know I won’t ever be the same now. Will you still love me? I’ll always love you. Please watch over me carefully.”

Mrs. Son’s eyes widened when she heard the word siblings escape Jaeyeon’s mouth. Her heart shattered into pieces after hearing Jaeyeon’s last words to her parents.

“Oh chingu, I’m so sorry you lost your new baby. Why didn’t you tell me as soon as you found out? Pabo! I’ll tell Jaeyeon about it as soon as when I feel it is right. But please don’t let her be alone; you’d forgive me if I’ve failed right? I wish Jaeyeon would’ve gotten to see her dongsang once. Look after us and be with us always, Kyuyeon & Hyukjae~”

_______________

Hello There [:

Short chapter, but sweet right?

Sungmin = <3333 I'd love to have a best friend like him!

Awe Jaeyeon could've had a sibling :[

Have you guys checked out NU'EST & BTOB?

'FACE' is on replay <33 LOVE JR & Aron ^^

BTOB is impressive. Their maknae Sungjae kinda looks like

the male lead in NU'EST's MV. The kid who was bullied? They look similar to me O.o

They're both very attractive ;) I was like whoa! Haha

Thanks for Reading !

Comments are lovedSubscribers make my dayFriends are welcome! ^^