Chapter 7

The Chaebol Family

3rd Person's POV

 

A month has passed since Yuri and Jessica's encounter at the club. Many things have changed. Kai is now courting Krystal, Jiyong is coming home from the military and Jaehyun is coming home from the United States after graduating. But Jessica is still having nightmares and receiving threats. All of that is happening but the chairman is still not waking up so they are holding a press conference to announce that they will appoint a new chairman soon.

The Kwon family will have dinner with the Choi grandchildren since the daughters are overseas to check their branch there. What will happen when Yuri and Jessica meet again?

And is Krystal going to accept Kai soon? How will they decide who will be the new chairman? Is chairman Choi waking up soon? Who is the person who keeps sending Jessica some threats? And how about Siwon's desire to inherit Lohas? Find out some of it in this chapter.

 

 

Jiyong's POV

 

After 2 years of hard work here in the military, I'm finally going home. I'm so excited to see my family, I miss them so much. How is grandpa's condition though? I heard they will hold a press conference to announce that they will appoint a new chairman soon. I wonder who will it be.

 

"Jiyong-ah, congrats for serving the military" my friends in the military said

 

"Thanks, guys, hope we will see each other soon after you guys will complete the service" I thanked them and hugged them one by one

 

When I go out of our camp, many reporters and fans are waiting outside to congratulate and welcome me back. I'm thankful for the people who still support me while I'm in the military.

After I bow and thank them, I spot a familiar car. I guess they're here

I saw Jaejoong, Krystal, Chenle, and Ella exit the car. They ran and hugged me like I've been away for decades. Why are there only 4 of them here though? Where are the others?

 

"OPPA!" Krystal and Ella screamed and hug me

 

"Soojungiie, Ella, I miss you guys so much" I hug them too.

 

I miss all of them.

 

"Hyung" Chenle said and hug me too

 

"Chenle" I smiled and hug him too

 

After I hugged the three of them, I went to Jaejoong hyung who seems distracted by something.

 

"Hyung, where are you looking at" I waved my hands in front of his face to stop him from his daydreaming

 

"Oh?" he asked confused

 

"I said where are you looking at," I said while looking in the direction that Jaejoong hyung looks earlier

 

"It's nothing. Welcome back, Jiyong-ah" he said and hug me

 

"Komawo hyung" I said while hugging him

 

"Seriously though, where are you looking at earlier?"

 

"I just saw a cute kitten right there"

 

"oh, okay"

 

Jaejoong hyung indeed loves animals.

 

 

After the greetings, I asked them where are the others.

 

"Guys, where are the others?" I asked them

 

"Our parents are overseas checking the branches there. While Siwon, Jessica, and Jennie are picking up Jaehyun from the airport." Jaejoong hyung replied

 

"Jaehyun?"

 

"Yes, he already graduated on the United States and he's coming back today too"

 

"Our schedules don't match, so instead of Chenle and Krystal picking up Jaehyun from the airport and Jennie picking you up from here, we just went where our schedule matched. Even Ella is so busy now with her modeling career even though she's still young." he continued

 

 

We entered the car after I asked them. While Jaejoong hyung is driving, I keep looking at Krystal who keeps laughing while looking at her phone.

 

"Soojung-ah"

 

"Hmm?" she hummed as a reply

 

"Why do you keep laughing while looking at your phone?"

 

"It's nothing" she laughed shyly

 

"Do you have a boyfriend now?" I asked her

 

"Not yet" she pouts

 

"Kojimal. Someone is already courting you but you haven't accepted him yet" Jaejoong hyung said

 

"Someone is courting you Soojungiie?" I

 

"Stop teasing me oppa. And yes, someone is courting me already" she blushed

 

"Our gongju will have a boyfriend soon." it's now Jaejoong hyung's time to

 

"Shut up" we all laughed at her respond

 

After talking for a while, I fell asleep. I woke up when Chenle bids goodbye to us. We drop him off at his agency since he said he has practice today but he will attend the press conference later.

 

 

Jaehyun's POV

 

"Ladies and gentlemen, American Airlines welcomes you to Seoul, Korea. The local time is 3:57. For your safety and the safety of those around you, please remain seated with your seat belt fastened and keep the aisles clear until we are parked at the gate."

 

I'm finally back after years of studying abroad. I wonder how are they doing? Will someone pick me up?

I'm glad I'm back here. I always feel homesick abroad, especially the times when I studied alone. I think it's because I'm kind of cold, so the other students are scared to get near me. I've been cold ever since 20 years ago when I found out that appa's having an affair. That lasted for many months until I found some cool and kind friends named Mingyu, Eunwoo, and Jungkook. We immediately became best friends because they make me feel comfortable around them. We're kind of popular in our university ever since the three of us became best friends. Maybe because of our good looks and cool aura.

 

Anyways, I'm coming down from the plane. When I got out, I saw many people and reporters who welcomed me. Then I went to the people who held out a banner saying "WELCOME HOME, BROTHER. WE MISS YOU!!". When I looked at the 3 persons who bought it, I saw Siwon hyung, Jessica noona, and Jennie noona. I hugged them one by one.

 

"I miss you our valentine boy" Jessica noona said kinda tearing up so I hugged her again

 

When and where did noona learn to say those things?

 

"Noona, when and where did you learn to say those words?" I asked her

 

"Since I was missing my brother who studied abroad" she replied

 

"Be grateful, you're the first person who received those words from me." she continued which made me chuckle a little

 

"Jaehyunie, welcome back," Jennie noona said while hugging me again

 

"J bro, welcome back. We're looking forward to what you learned abroad." Siwon hyung said

 

I wonder where's my half-bro Chenle. I shrugged while thinking of it. Chenle and I don't talk much with each other. I always avoid him because he's the result of appa's affair. But Siwon hyung, Jessica noona and Krystal noona is okay with him.

 

 

We entered the car and Jessica noona asked me a question

 

"Jae, how's school abroad?"

 

"Sorry but I'm kinda tired noona, so can I sleep first? I will tell you everything when we arrive" I said while leaning my back on the seat and wearing my neck pillow to sleep comfortably while on the road.

 

"Sure, rest well. We'll wake you up when we arrive" she replied

 

"Thank You"

 

 

Jessica's POV

 

I want to ask Jaehyun about her life abroad. So I ask him about it but he said he's tired and he will tell me everything when we arrive. I just let him be since he's probably tired from the flight.

Hope Jae had a good time there. I miss my lil' bro so much.

I last visited him while I was doing some business in the United States months ago. And it looks like he has 3 good friends.

 

 

Flashback*

After Jessica was done with her business, she visited Jaehyun's university. Jessica went to Harvard to visit her brother who she misses so much.

Jessica arrived at Harvard in a luxurious limousine. When the limousine was parked in front of the school, it takes the people's attention on whatever they're doing. Most students at Harvard are rich, but Jaehyun is probably the wealthiest student or maybe person at Harvard. 

Everyone started taking pictures of her. Jaehyun was curious about the crowd so he went there and found her noona waving at her.

 

 

Jaehyun's POV

 

"Bro, why are u looking at the girl like that? Are you perhaps interested in her?" Jungkook said

 

"Yah, first of all, I'm not interested in girls. Second, that girl standing there making a crowd is my older sister. MY NOONA" I said

 

"NOONA?!?!" Eunwoo, Mingyu, and Jungkook said at the same time

 

Even though I'm cold, I'm the most comfortable with my Sica noona.

 

"Yep. Now if you wanna meet her, follow me" I dragged them because they still seem shocked

 

"Noona" I let go of the boys' hands and hug my noona

 

The crowd seemed to be very shocked to see the popular guy hugging the random girl. The news spread fast and more people are now in the crowd.

 

"Jaehyunie" my noona patted my back while hugging me

 

She let go and asked me if I'm having a great time here.

 

"At first no, since they're kinda scared of me because I'm cold..." I answered

 

"Well, you're my brother for a reason," she said proudly

 

"But after months, I found some great friends here," I stated while showing noona my friends whose mouths are still half-opened

 

"That's good. Can you introduce them to me?"

 

"This is Jungkook, this one here is Mingyu and this buddy here is Eunwoo" I introduced them to noona

 

"Nice to meet you guys. Thank you for taking care of my brother."

 

"Nice to meet you too, miss Jung" Eunwoo said recovering from the shock earlier

 

"Call me Jessica noona. You can call me Sica noona for short too"

 

"Ne, noona" Eunwoo said shyly

 

After that, noona noticed the other 2 not speaking

 

"Uhmm, boys?" noona waved her hand in front of Mingyu and Jungkook

 

"You two can call me noona too" she smiled

 

"Ne, Sica noona" the two said in unison

 

After a while, one of the people in the crowd asked us something.

 

"JAEHYUN, WHAT'S YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH THAT GIRL AND WHAT'S HER NAME?" one of them shouted

 

"SHE'S MY OLDER SISTER, GUYS. JESSICA. JESSICA JUNG!!" I SHOUTED BACK

 

The people are shocked for the second time because of the revelation. Who would've known that the popular guy is the grandson of chairman CHOI? Most people of the world know Lohas. And their family too.

 

"Guys, wanna grab a dinner?" noona suddenly asked

 

"Yeah. Sure," I said and the other three agreed

 

 

At the restaurant *

 

"So Jae, when are you graduating?" noona asked while cutting her steak

 

"I don't know noona. But it's probably this year"

 

"Study hard," Noona said

 

Noona then went to ask my friends

 

"Are you guys wealthy too?" noona suddenly asked

 

"Ne?" Mingyu said nervously

 

"Don't misunderstand me, I'm just asking"

 

"Me and Jungkook are scholars, noona. While Eunwoo is wealthy like you" Mingyu replied

 

"Aniyo, I'm not that rich but we're nothing compared to Choi Family" Eunwoo suddenly said

 

"No need to be shy, guys. Be comfortable." noona smiled

 

"When you go back to Korea, you can visit us always" she continued

 

"Gamsahamnida, noona"

 

 

The dinner went well and Jessica drop off the boys at their dorms.