Chapter 5

The Chaebol Family

Author's POV 

Ella has finally arrived in Korea. The little princess of Choi family is finally home. To celebrate her arrival, the Choi family decided to throw her a party. The Choi family love to party so they will invite everyone that they know such as their business partners, close friends, clients, relatives, and many more. Jessica arrived at the mansion to help plan for the party. But when she's about to go for the food tasting, Krystal ordered her to come and pick up Chenle from his entertainment company. 

"Unnie, please. No one can pick him up and you're the only one that can do it right now" Krystal pleaded as she pouted 

"But I'm busy right now. I'm about to do the food tasting for the party" Jessica replied

"I'll do the food tasting. Just pick him up" Krystal said as she pushed Jessica to the door

"Fine" Jessica sighed and drove to Chenle's entertainment company, SM. 

 

Chenle's POV

I just finished practicing for our comeback. What took them so long? All they have to do is pick me up, why is it so hard for them. I checked my phone and received a text from Jessica noona. She said she will be the one to pick me up. Oh? Thats new of her. She used to be so strict and has a resting face so I'm kind of afraid, sometimes. 

"Everyone I'll go now. Be there at the party later, arasseo?" I announced as I stood up and grab my backpack

"Alright bro I got you, we will be there" Mark replied as he gave me a high five 

"I'll be waiting. See you" I said as I exited the practice room.

Jessica noona texted me that she already arrived in the building. I went to the parking lot and saw her car. Its a new car again? I swear, she keeps on changing cars every week. I entered the front seat and gave her a smile. 

"Hi noona" I said while smiling 

"Hi. How's practice?" She asked 

"Oh? Ah, it went well" I replied as I fasten my seatbelt. 

Wow, thats new. Usually, she doesn't care.She nodded and started the car engine. The whole car ride was awkward. No one dared to speak. I am usually very chatty with people but except for Jessica noona. Even though she is my sister, I am quite afraid of her. She is very strict. We're not really close since she doesn't live in the same house so that explains our awkward sibling relationship. Unlike Jessica noona, Krystal noona is much approachable so she's the sister that I am really close to. She takes me out to dinner everytime I am having a hard time at practice. Well, I'm sure really lucky to have such gorgeous and famous sisters. 

We arrived at the mansion and I thanked Jessica noona for driving me back home. She just replied with a smile. After that, I went to my room upstairs to sleep because the practice earlier drained me out. 

 

Author's POV 

"Its finally time of the party."

Everyone is in awe as they entered the venue, The Chois mansion. Everything is perfect. From the decorations, the food, the invited guests, and even the staffs. It is everyone's dream party. Even though that this is only a welcome back party for Ella, the Choi's really made sure to spend a lot for it. I mean, they're super rich so this kind of party isn't a big deal for them. 

 

Jessica is busy entertaining the guests. She made sure to greet and talk with them briefly since she is one of the possible chosen CEO for Lohas. She would need a lot of support from the company's board directors and even the business partners. 

"So Jessica, when are you getting married? You are at the right age for it" Mrs Lee asked

"I am not really planning to get married for now given the situation that the company is facing. I will focus more on the company and maybe get married when the time is right" Jessica replied 

 Why are they always so curious about this kind of stuffs, she thought as she excused herself to greet the other guests. 

"Oh unnie!" Jennie excitedly walk over Jessica and hugged her from behind 

"Jennie-ah, how are you?" Jessica asked as she turned to return to the hug 

"I'm fine unnie its just---" Jessica's phone rang and she excused herself as she gave Jennie an apologetic looks because she wasn't able to finish off her sentence. 

"Tiff, why are you still not here? I've been waiting for you" Jessica said over the phone 

The loud music was blasting as Tiffany swayed her hips. She was enjoying herself at the club with her girlfriend, Taeyeon. 

"Jessica!!!!!! Come over here, its so fun!!" Tiffany shouted 

"What? You're in the club? You're supposed to be here at the party, I invited you" Jessica pouted. She is obviously sulking. Tiffany is her only friend and she thought she could excused herself from countless of questions from the guests when Tiffany is around since she will be hanging out with her throughout the night But sadly, she is at the club right now. 

"Sica, sorry. But we can still can hang out!!! Just come over here. I'm with Taeyeon" Tiffany excitedly said and ended the call 

Jessica shook her head. She examined her surroundings and felt left out. Everyone seems to be enjoying the party, except for her. She gave herself some time to think before deciding to come at the club where Tiffany is in. But first, she needs to tell some of her family members an excuse so she wouldn't come off as disrespectful for leaving the party so early.And when she's about to go and find someone whom she could tell the excuse with. She saw Chenle walking with his friends and approached him. Great timing. 

"Chenle!" Jessica called and Chenle turned back to see her noona approaching her 

"Noona? What is it" Chenle asked. He motioned his friends to go get some drinks so he could talk to his Noona privately 

"Please inform our family members that I will be leaving early. I am not feeling well, my head keeps om spnning. I think I need a rest" Jessica said as she fake coughed 

"Alright noona. Get well soon" Chenle replied and Jessica gave her a smileJessica left the party. 

Before she went to the club, she went back to her apartment to change her clothes. Who wants to go to a club wearing a gown? Exactly, no one. 

For Jessica's outfit tonight, she decided to wear a black mesh cutout midi dress paired with her ankle strap heels. To match her outfit with the bag that she will be carrying, she goes with a balenciaga hour glass bag. 

"Good to go" Jessica smiled and sprayed a louis vuitton on the beach perfume.

The club was just a 20 minutes ride from her apartment so she arrived there earlier than she expected. When Jessica arrived, she gave her car keys to the valet attendant. She went inside the club and found Tiffany who's all over Taeyeon. She tends to get very clingy when drunk. Tiffany saw Jessica heading towards them and she quickly welcomed her with a big hug.

"I thought you won't come. Its so rare for you to skip a FAMILY PARTY" Tiffany said. She made sure to emphasize the last two words 

"Well, just gave out a lame excuse thats why I'm here" Jessica replied 

Taeyeon also gave her a hug and greeted her warmly. Tiffany is Jessica's best friend so that makes Taeyeon her best friend too. Thats their rules. 

"You guys continue dancing, I'll just grab some drinks" Jessica informed 

She made her way to the bar area where the drinks were made and served. Jessica was about to continue walking when a someone suddenly bumped into her. Jessica fell to the floor and was about to gave a handful of curse words to the girl who bumped into her not until--- 

"YOU?!?!" Both of them exclaimed as they gave each other a disgusting look 

 

Meanwhile at the party~ 

Jennie's POV 

I sighed as I drank my 4th glass of wine tonight. I have a pretty strong alcohol tolerant so it won't be a problem if I decide to drink how much I want. The delivery boy from last week has been on my mind lately. I was never the type to give a single care to a guy. 

I laughed in my thoughts, 'Are you on your right mind Jennie? A delivery man has been on your mind lately? You must be crazy'

I have never been this curious about a guy. Sometimes, I silently pray that we'll meet again coincidentally so that explains my almost everyday deliveries from the shop that he's working as a delivery guy. But after that day, I never saw him again. I don't know anything about him except for his name, Jongin. I shook my head as I tried to remove that guy from my thoughts. I drank my wine and was about to get another glass of it when I heard Krystal calling someone excitedly.

"Jongin!" Krystal called.

My eyes went wide as I hear that familiar name of the guy that I've been thinking for days. I turned around and saw the exact Jongin guy that I've been longing to see again

He smiled as he welcomed Krystal with a hug. Both of them embracing each other as I watch them with an empty wineglass in my hand. Thousands of questions are in my mind as I look at them exchanged greetings after hugging. They look close. Pretty close, since Krystal just gave him a kiss on his cheeks. Are they perhaps..... in a relationship?