Chapter 1

The Chaebol Family

When I arrived at the hospital, all of our family members are already there worrying about grandpa. After hours of waiting, Dr. Lee came out and talked with us about grandpa's condition 

"Mr. Choi is currently in a coma and it looks like he's not waking up so soon" he said.

He also asked us how did the incident happened, so grandpa's secretary Mr. Hwang answered
 

"When I arrived at the mansion, chairman Choi was already laying on the floor of his room. So I asked the maid who was beside him shouting for help what happened. And the maid said that when she came to the chairman's room to give him his medicine, he got a call and answered it, but after a few minutes of talking, the person on the phone said something that made the chairman fell into shock"

We checked his phone and found an unidentified caller's number in his recent call so we have no idea who he was talking with.

"Mr. Hwang, please trace this number. The person who called grandpa must tell us what he did and he also needs to take responsibility"

 

When I went back to my office, someone's calling me. Its Tiffany, my bestfriend and Mr. Hwang's daughter. 

"hey Tiffany" I said weakly 

"Jessica? What happened? Why do you sound so down?"

I told Tiffany the whole story. Tiffany and I know each other since we were young, she also often come to our house to have fun. But even though we have different personality, we understand each other and comfort each other on hard times.

 

---------------

 

Days have passed since the incident happened and there are still no signs of grandpa waking up. One day, Mr. Hwang called all of us for a meeting. We talked about how can we manage the company without grandpa. Then Mr. Hwang suddenly announced 

"If chairman Choi won't wake up a month later or so, we need to find a new chairman for the company" he said. 

"But as for now, chairman Choi's eldest daughter Choi Inhye will manage the company for the time being" he continued. 

I came home that night with many thoughts about the company and still worrying about my nightmares every night.