Grand Party

How Did We Get Married?

A.N: this is the edited version.

                Jessica looked at the organized Estee Lauder cosmetic products on the small square glass table in front of her as the well-known makeup artist, Charlie Green, stared at her. She looked at the expensive items on the table. ‘Estee Lauder? I thought I told Erica that I use L’Oreal,’ Jessica thought. She slightly scrunched up her face for a while in annoyance and made a quick mental note to make sure her half-Swedish assistant, Erica Lindholm, obeyed her requests well.

                “Jessie, I’ll start with the concealer to hide out the uneven skin tone. Are you joining outdoor activity lately? Your skin tone is kinda uneven,” Charlie said as she applied the concealer gently.

                “Maybe it’s the co-curricular activities before graduation.”

                “Now, this foundation is going to ensure your makeup stays up to 15 hours long. You’re going to look gorgeous till the end of the event, I promise.”

                Jessica inwardly sighed as the lady went on about the names and specialties of each Estee Lauder product that she used. She was not sure whether it was just her legendary habit or she was indirectly advertising the cosmetic products to her. She sighed again when something caught in her thoughts.

               “Wait, Papa. Who am I getting married to?”

               “That’s one of the surprises.”

               Charlie applied eyeliner onto Jessica's eyes as she blabbered about how she almost miss the flight from Canada and so on. After about 15 minutes of speeches from Charlie passed, Jessica was staring still at her breathtaking reflection on the mirror. It seemed like the endless stories (that she never focussed on hearing) did not seem to influence even a little bit of concentration for Charlie to accomplish her job astonishingly.

               “Charlie, I’m impressed…with Estee Lauder products!” Jessica yelled.

               “Told you, Estee Lauder is the best when it comes to beauty,” Charlie nodded satisfyingly.

               Out of the blue, the door burst open with an ear-splitting bang.

               “Miss Jung, your chauffeur, Mr. Drago is waiting – OH MY GOD! Jessica, you look gorgeous!” Erica cried in her slightly-Swedish accent.

               Jessica turned around and swirled in her imaginary wedding dress with an elegant smile beautifying her flawless visage. If Charlie Green could do this well, she wondered how great Gucci Westman artwork was going to be. She knew they should thank her for booking Gucci, who was actually a famous makeup artist too, through private boon despite her busy schedule. Erica strode into the room, her eyes never leave the girl.

               “Miss Jessie, we’ve brought you a special edition gown exclusively designed for your occasion,” Erica stated as she showed the way to the door.

               Jessica stopped swirling and showed her smile at Erica. She chuckled before sauntering to the threshold.

               “Thank you so much for the great work, Charlie. I like your stories, by the way,” Jessica winked at her and walked out.

                The girl, elegantly holding her purse in her hand, sashayed into the huge luxuriously-decorated grand hall. A few gentlemen dressed in deluxe tuxedos greeted her politely. She nodded and smiled at them, knowing that some of them were likely having the intention of wheedling her later. Raised by the founder of Blanc & Eclare, Jung Jessica is globally known by founders of other companies to be the best daughter-in-law to secure the future of their respective company. She had mastered their dirty tricks since she was 15 year old. Hence, for that, it would not hurt if she toy with them for a moment, wouldn't it?

                “Oh, my lady! You look so eye-appealing!” A young man which she recognized as the second son of CLETO Company cried handsomely.

                “Thank you. You’re the son of Anacleto De Luca, right?” Jessica showed her sweet smile.

                “Yes. I’m Egidio De Luca. So, Jessica Jung, this is your first time appearing formally, right?”

                “Yes, Mr. Egidio. Before this, I’m stuck with school schedule. I can’t join B & E events. I’m really glad to be here tonight.”

                “You would be much happier if you join me in the bed tonight, Jessica. I’ll make you feel like you're in the seventh heaven, I promise, my Princess,” Egidio whispered seductively into Jessica’s ear.

                Jessica was not expecting the man to be this bold to simply ask her for . However, she was not in the mood of being ed tonight, so she would pass that. She looked back at Egidio and put on her best smile. Snaking her arm around Egidio’s one, she leaned in dangerously close to him.

                “And I’m not expecting any half-Italian baby in my belly. Thanks for the offer, Egidio. It might work next time.”

                With that, the lady walked away from him before gifting him a naughty wink and bite of the lower lip. There are possibilities, for sure, but not tonight. Out of the blue, someone seized her arm from the side. She almost lost her balance.

                “You’re being naughty again, huh?” Taecyeon suggested.

                “I’m just playing. He’s a brave one, you know?” Jessica replied nonchalantly

                “CLETO Company has the most coward sons.”

                “He wants to me hard.”

                “Wow,” Taecyeon shaped his mouth into a small ‘O’.

                Seemingly, a skinny girl with luxuriously-tailored B & E gown wrapping her slim body waved at them from afar and no question, it was Krystal Jung. A short sigh flew in between Jessica’s lips when her eyes caught her younger sister. She did not despise her, but neither did she like her very much. Taecyeon smiled at the girl and beckoned her to join them. In no time, Krystal was already in their circle.

                “Hi, Taecyeon! Alone?” Krystal immediately asked as if Jessica was absent from her sanity.

                “I’m owned by Tiffany, girl. If you’re in need of a partner, try harder,” Taecyeon said as he looked afar.

                “Dude, please. I’m not an always-available girl like Jessica.”

                “Look, that guy has been peeping at us thrice. It’s more like at you, Jessica.”

                Jessica and Krystal looked at the mentioned guy over their shoulders.

                “Kiss my ,” Jessica stated as she turned back her head.

                “That’s Alex. My fiancée,” Krystal turned back and blushed slightly.

                Taecyeon grew a smirk on his face when he noticed the faint tinge of pink appearing on Krystal’s cheeks. He raised up his hand and waved at Alex. The English guy caught the action and walked handsomely towards them with his best smile.

                “Hi, my beautiful fiancée. Mind I you through the night, Krystal?” Alex politely asked with a smile on his captivating visage.

 


 

                Slow taps of the grand piano on the stage fused into a calming melody that filled the lavish atmosphere of the hall. Groups of prosperous people dressed in personally-tailored clothes were chatting, or something more like gloating, about their growing international company, no more no less, trying to be the top among the group. Meanwhile, the mommies were swanking about their sons or daughters in the innuendo of being the most supreme among them. This entire practice had always vaguely been a tradition among the wealthy people.

                It was not something to be surprised of.

                “Good evening to my fellow people. I’m Felix Jung. As everyone knows, I’m the founder of Blanc & Eclare Company. I’m also the successor of my family company which is Junhee & Jaehwa Company or well-known as J&J Pharmacy Company globally. The purpose of holding this occasion is an important announcement regarding my very pretty eldest daughter, Jung Jessica. I would like to announce that Jessica will get married in three weeks with a princely gentleman whom I would not mention. Everyone in this hall is welcomingly invited to the wedding ceremony. The invitation card will be sent in two weeks. I hope all of you will pray for the best for my dearest daughter. That’s all I should say for now. If you’ve any inquiry, you shall contact my P.A.” Mr. Jung announced confidently.

                The whole crowd in the huge hall clapped their hands and almost each of them put on a smile on their face, whether it was bona fide or just false, nobody cared. Jessica showed her sweetest beam to the guests looking at her. She bowed and thanked each of them that congratulated her in a big circle.

                “Thank you very much,” Jessica said delightfully.

                It was all fake.

                Jessica Jung getting married? Hell no. Surely, she had said yes to her daddy; else, she would not inherit Blanc & Eclare Company. Managing B & E Company had always been one of her life goals ever since she was 12-year-old and she would certainly make sure no one in her way, not even her very own younger sister Krystal. She had been raised in overly luxury since she was in the womb of her mother, and she could not visualize herself living in such hardship. By having B & E in her hand, that would secure her high-cost living style.

                That was the sole reason she agreed to get married; not more not less.