Wedding

How Did We Get Married?

Excuse this lazy for disappearing for a month. :D FYI, sorry if this chapter . I'm not a Christian, nor am I an atheist or agnostic. I might mix things up about the wedding scene (and that explains why it's short and bland). See ya in the next chapter. Tell me your thoughts!

                “Papa.”

                Jessica looks up from the peep toe wedges that her stylist had chosen for the grandest event of her life – her wedding – and smiled anxiously at Mr. Jung. The old man held her small hands and squeezed them. She just responded by squeezing back harder, feeling how clammy her hands had become.

                “You can do it, Jessica.”

                The lady scrunched up her face and smiled sheepishly.

                “It’s not that, Papa.”

                “What?”

                “I wanna pee,” The girl said softly with embarrassment.

                Mr. Jung mentally facepalmed and sighed at her daughter. He held her shoulders and lightly patted them. He figured out that maybe it was because of all of the bottles of drinking water that she swigged down before to calm her nerves down. The only thing that he hoped was that she really could hold the pee… because she really needed to do so.

                “Not when we are going to enter soon, Jessica!” He muttered out loud.

                The two well-dressed gentlemen waiting at the entrance door were clearly trying to hold back their laughs. Jessica was in an emergency bladder case and she had no time to keep her poise at that time. One of them raised their hand to grab Mr. Jung’s attention. The man immediately caught the act and raised his eyebrows.

                “We can ask them to delay the entrance of the bride for 5 to 10 minutes, Mr. Jung,” He said as he directed his finger towards the inside.

                “Oh, thank God! Come on, Papa. Someone need to hold my dress.”

                Mr. Jung was shocked when Jessica grabbed his hand and pulled him towards the restroom. Without further thinking, both of them entered the ladies and proceeded into the nearest stall. While the daughter was about to do her own private business, the father looked up at the ceiling as his hands struggled to hold the white dress with two hands.

                “No, no, wait,” Mr. Jung said sternly.

                Just in time, a gentle lady voice approached them from the restroom entrance.

                “Ms. Jessica?”

                “Erica! Hold my dress!” Jessica yelled out of frustration.

                The lady rushed towards the stall and helped the father to carefully hold the bottom of the A-line dress without ruining the fabric. Five minutes later, Jessica was all set – clean and dry. Erica grabbed her mini makeup bag and took out some tissue from its packet. She carefully dabbed the tissue on Jessica’s face to dry up the sweat beading on her forehead. Taking out some products out of her bag, she touched up her makeup gently.

                “Aren’t you nervous, Jessica?” Mr. Jung asked, drying off his wet hands.

                Jessica looked at him with a confused look.

                “Should I?”

                Erica stole a look at Mr. Jung’s face. He was utterly astonished, probably not expecting the answer from his eldest daughter since this was her wedding – well, sort of forced wedding. Gradually, a pleased smile curved on his aged visage, showing how proud he was of his Jessica. He was about to pat her on the shoulder when she spoke while dusting off her dress.

                “It’s just Aiden, Papa. We’ve been friends for years.”

                Something sparked in him, but he chose to ignore it.

                “Yes. Aiden won’t be a problem.”

               Classical wedding instrumental music played behind the huge doors in front of the father and daughter. The sweet melody was very familiar to Jessica’s ears. The two gentlemen guarding the entrance door smiled encouragingly and gestured at the door. She put on her loveliest smile and nodded her head at them. They nodded back and twisted the doorknob. With swift moves, they pulled the door open, presenting the two to the guests inside.

                “Aiden…” Jessica whispered.

                Krystal, in her black bow taffeta dress, stood up to welcome the father and bride at the opposite end of the building. In a few seconds, all of the guests were already on their feet and admiring the astounding beauty of the bride. Tiffany was having her palm over , too astonished of her stunning friend, meanwhile, her other hand tightly squeezed Taecyeon’s hand. Seeing this, Krystal slipped her hand in Alex's bigger one and fitted their fingers together. One day, it would be her walking down the aisle to Alex.

                “One day, it’ll be us,” Krystal whispered.

                Alex chuckled politely.

                In the meantime, Jessica looked down at the vibrant red carpet humbly and chuckled silently. The music played along as she and Mr. Felix walked elegantly down the aisle; her arm locked with her father’s bigger one. She looked up straight ahead and continued smiling at the guests. Her eyes made contact with Aiden’s eyes and they stayed so for minutes. Once she reached the end of the carpet, Jessica noticed the huge pleased beam Aiden was having on his face.

                “Jessie...,” Aiden mouthed, completely speechless.

                Something twitched in Jessica. She did not know what it is but one thing she knew for sure, she would not be happy to be in Aiden’s place – getting married to someone who agreed for solely personal benefits.

                “Should we?” The officiant asked.

                Jessica and Aiden nodded their heads to the man.

               

Marriage is about becoming a team. You’re going to spend the rest of your life learning about each other, and every now and then, things blow up. But the beauty of marriage is that if you picked the right person and you both love each other, you’ll always figure out a way to get through it.

‘At First Sight’ by Nicholas Sparks

 

 
                The couple was struck in the hearts upon listening to the quote from a novel of the famous author, Nicholas Sparks. Jessica could see Aiden's slightly-changed expression from the corner of her eyes. She pressed her lips as everything ran around in her mind.

‘Are you sure, Jessica?’

‘Do you want it to be this way?’

‘Won’t you hurt him later?’

‘Don’t you care about Aiden?’

‘Really, Jessica?’

‘Selfish brat!’

 
                Jessica took a very deep breath and exhaled slowly. Whatever happened, it happened.
 
                “Aiden Lee, do you take Jessica Jung, as your wife, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, till death do you part?”

                “I do.”

                “Jessica Jung, do you take Aiden Lee, as your husband, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, till death do you part?”

                “I do.”
 
                And their journey started at that point…