Registration

How Did We Get Married?

            A week of lethargic days and sleepless nights passed by in a twinkle of eyes for Jessica and her family. Up till now, Jessica still had no idea who his husband was going to be; whether he was another top company’s son or a hot model. When the thought of having a hot model as her husband popped in her mind, she could not help but to let out a pleasured sigh, and that did not go unnoticed by Krystal and Alex.

                “What? You’re ing, Jessie?” Krystal scoffed at her sister.

                “No, idiot. Just imagine if I have Sean O’Pry or Adam Butcher as my husband. My life will be complete,” Jessica said and sighed again.

                “You just want to them real hard, right?”

                “Shut up. You already have Alex. He banged me real good last time. His was so h–”

                “That’s it. You win. I’m outta here. Let’s go, Alex.”

                The girl pulled at her fiancée’s arm sulkily and walked away from Jessica, leaving the chuckling older girl as people were watching them. They walked for quite a distance away from the shop (where Jessica was trying her exclusively-designed wedding dress and checking out her future husband's tuxedo). Upon reaching Baskin Robbins café, Eiji pushed open the door for Krystal.

                “I need ice-cream,” Krystal whined like a child.

                “What flavor do you want, Krissy?” Alex asked.

                “Dulce De Leche.”

                “Wait here a moment, okay?”

                Minutes later, Eiji came back with two ice-creams in his hands (which Krystal recognized as Dulce De Leche and Chocolate Fudge), and a smile that handsomely cheered his face. Krystal replied with a smile and thanked Alex. She took the ice-cream and immediately linked back her arm with Alex's arm as if she was afraid that the man would escape somewhere.

                “Alex, is it true?” Krystal asked out of the blue.

                “What, Krissy?” He asked back.

                “Is it true that your is huge?”

                Despite the hectic and frantic schedule – trying her wedding dress, booking the saloon, checking out the grand hall for the ceremony, etc., Jessica tried to calmly act like a lady from an internationally-renowned company. She never forgot to apply her make-up or at least, the basic style, on her face and smoothened the creases on her clothes. The car that she was currently riding in came to a rest in front of an old building.

                “Ah. My is numb,” Jessica whined loudly.

                She walked along with Krystal and Alex to the old building as they trailed Mr. Jung from behind. Krystal was having her arm linked with Alex's one, looking like a happy couple when they were supposedly a forced couple. No one could deny that both Alex and Krystal did not seem to oppose their arranged marriage; they appeared contented with the decision instead. Mr. Jung was glad that Krystal did not object his plan. Rather than having Krystal throwing tantrum at him, he would take Jessica’s tantrum instead. Krystal was hard to deal with.

                “Are you nervous, Jessie?” Mr. Jung asked from the front.

                “It’s just signing the paper. Will my future hubby be there?” Jessica said as she raised her sunglasses.

                “No. He’ll sign later.”

                “You’ll oppose him from meeting me till the wedding, wouldn’t you?”

                “Sorry. He’s a surprise. I promise he’s as handsome as Sean O’Pry. No worry.”

                All of them entered the building through the automated door and walked straight to a private room for VIP registration. Not many people were in the building, probably because it was Sunday and people did not get married unless they ed once nowadays. Senseless people.

                “Good afternoon, Mr. Felix. They should be Jessica and Krystal, right?” The government officer greeted politely.

                “Good afternoon. Oh, this is Krystal’s fiancée, Mr. Alexander White.”

                “Wow. You sure rush your daughters, Mr. Felix.”

                “I can’t wait for the golf balls for free men in Los Angeles.”

                The whole room laughed politely at the dry joke from Mr. Jung to respect him as the eldest. Well, that was the tradition of living as a human, right? Laugh when someone joked though it was the driest joke you had ever heard. Soon, they all settled down in their respective seat opposite to the officer.

                “So, let me check your identification, Jessica. What’s your birth name?” The officer said.

                “Jung Soyeon,” Jessica replied.

                “Okay. I think you should renew your identification card. No worry, you can still get married. It’s just that your picture looks child-like compared to now, Mrs. Gorgeous.”

                Jessica courteously laughed at the joke but, thinking back, she really needed to renew her identification card. She was almost legally 18 and for sure, she must get rid of the immature side of her on the card. The government clicked a few times on the mouse and suddenly, his eyebrows joined into one. His forehead formed crease of aging line.

                “I’m sorry, Mr. Felix. Jessica cannot get married according to the law,” The officer said.

                “Nonsense,” Mr. Jung muttered under his breath.

                “The government record shows that Jessica is a married woman."

                “Nonsense! Who’s her husband?” Mr. Jung yelled.

                “Mr. Aiden Lee. The eldest son of the N.XTAR Honey Company. One of the top students in Phillips Exeter Academy,” The officer read out.

                Jessica gasped a sharp breath out of solid shock.

                “How did we get married?” She cried out loud.

                No one knew.