T&C

How Did We Get Married?

A/N: finally, an official a/n for this story after revamping. welcome to the old and new readers. i've finished editing the story and will continue progressively like usual. perhaps, i'll update weekly after this. thanks for staying with me. i know haesica is hopeless now but let's just read this as pure enjoyment. imagine it's a love story instead of a haesica story. i heart you guys. enjoy <3

The atmosphere in the meeting room of Blanc & Eclare Company building was drenched with tension and perplexity, no one spoke. Krystal deliberately cleared to capture their attentions and she actually grasped their recognitions, effortlessly. She held loosely onto Alex's arm as she stood up with the little courage left in her.

                “In my opinion, we should find a way to solve the matter methodically. The media from official websites, popular magazines, and national newspapers are gathering in two days. We should not falsify anything to them because that will cost our pride as the top company in Korea,” Krystal voiced out, and immediately sat back.

                Jessica sighed and dramatically scratched her scalp before flipping her long medium ash brown hair at Krystal.

                “Methodically? This whole matter is ridiculous enough to be solved,” Jessica snapped.

                “I’m just trying to h-”

                “Shut up. It’s not you who are getting married.”

                Mr. Jung shushed both sisters promptly to avoid any pulling-hairs later on. He stood up after trying to calm his little-aged heart for a long time since he received the news. The air grew more tension with every step that he took. Jessica groaned in complete desperation; everyone knew the matter would affect her fabulous future life and the utmost of all, it involved her very own bestie, Aiden Lee.

                “The government officer said that they cannot alter the record unless Jessica divorced Aiden but then, her status will be a widow, which I know she’ll utterly detest it and it’s embarrassing for the companies. You know, there’s only one way to solve this matter,” Mr. Jung spoke.

                “What?” Three of them replied in unison.

                “Jessica gets married to Aiden.”

                Jessica cried out of huge surprise and enlarged her eyes.

                “Papa, no ing way I’m going to marry my best friend!” Jessica yelled.

                “Jessie, mind your language! I’m doing this for you and our companies’ futures. You see, during the grand agenda, I’ve announced to the founders and CEOs of other huge companies from around the world that you are going to get married. I can’t simply cancel the announcement just because of some ty technical problem with the government system. This matter will affect our companies. I’ve been holding them for years and I’m not planning on trashing them just because of this matter. You’re going to get married to him, by hook or by crook,” Mr. Jung spoke out loud.

                Jessica felt as if her Papa had just given her an enormous nasty slap on her face with his thoughtless words, each of them coated with money-grubbing intention. Losing corporation with some selfish companies would not overthrow their companies into poverty at once. They could always build them back, but the greedy old man had no time to deal with a petty matter.

                “Okay. I’ll marry Aiden but, on one condition,” Jessica talked as she looked sharply at Mr. Jung.

                “I’ll compromise with everything you say,” Mr. Jung nodded.

                “Don’t ever expect anything more than that, Papa.”

                “As you wish, Jessie.”

                “Mr. Felix, I… I’m not sure how I should answer to that,” Aiden spoke as he rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly.

                “I’ll give you anything you need as long as you marry Jessica. Anything,” Mr. Jung replied.

                Aiden let out a low chuckle to respect the older man as he looked down at the carpeted floor. An hour ago, he was at the bee farm owned by his family company, in his white protective suit and veil, when he suddenly received a call from the owner of the top trendsetter company in the world. He was absolutely surprised when Mr. Jung said that he would like to meet up with him for an emergency situation that involved Jessica. Who would not panic over their best friend? Aiden immediately grabbed his car keys and proceeded to the venue.

                Of course, he did not expect Mr. Jung to ask him to marry his daughter right at the moment and the funniest of all, Jessica was his best friend. He could not marry his best friend; that was absurd, no questions asked. Nonetheless, that could not beat the fact that the government recorded them as spouses in the first place. That was the most ridiculous of anything. They were simply best friends, nothing more than that.

                “Mr. Jung, Jessica has been my friend since we were ten-year-olds. I can’t possibly marry her just because the record says so,” Aiden said.

                “Please, son. This is for her future and the sake of our companies. I’m willing to do anything for you as long as you marry her,” Mr. Jung pleaded politely.

                “Mr. Jung. I care for her too but… this is too sudden for me. I- I just… can’t.”

                “I’m pretty sure you’re single, right? And I’ve talked to your dad. He’s fine with it. He would like to wed you and Jessica if that’s okay with you. Your mom said yes too. For the sake of Jessica, please…”

                Aiden cringed inwardly when Mr. Jung asked about his status. He was very certain that the old man had asked his men to run a background check on him. Still, he could not simply invade one’s privacy just because he had tons of cash in his wallet. Aiden being single? Hmm… he himself was still considering about that. However, he was quite amazed that his parents nodded their head about the marriage. Fool, who did not want to have relation with the top company in the world? He was fully sure that the agreement of the wedding was just one of N.XTAR Honey Company’s strategies to expand their territory.

                “Yes. I am single. But, is Jessica okay with this?” Aiden asked.

                “Sure, son. She’s okay with it,” Mr. Jung immediately replied.

                The young man pondered about the rights and wrongs of his decision in a long silent muse, tapping his foot on the floor and hand unconsciously playing on his jawline. Meanwhile, Mr. Jung waited impatiently on the other side of the room in anxiety, his hands were sweating excessively for no reason. The room was noiseless still and yet, it felt very suffocating to the old man. Aiden needed to make the decision quickly or else, he would die of anxiety.

                “Okay. I agree to marry your daughter on four conditions.”

                Mr. Jung sighed in contentment and laughed. A broad smile was quick on his wrinkled face,

                “Whatever you wish for, I’ll gladly fulfill them,” Mr. Jung said.

                “First, I would like you to sponsor my educational expense throughout my life. Second, Jessica will never divorce me by any means. Third, you won’t bother our life after marriage later, either taking over the custody of our child, if we are going to have any or whatnots. Fourth, whatever happens regarding the government report in the future, either the culprit has been found or it is confirmed that there is any technical problem, the wedding should not be called off for whatever reasons. Agree?”

                “Only those? I agree.”

                “Okay, then. I’m off for now.”

                Standing up slowly and dusting off his shirt, Aiden smirked when everything was solved. He held out his hand to shake as agreement and was took by Mr. Jung with no inquiry. After shaking hands, they walked to the door. The guard opened the door for both of them and they paced out like gentlemen did.

                “I’m going back to the farm,” Aiden stated.

                “Okay. By the way, the press conference which is supposed to be on tomorrow is postponed for certain reasons.  It will be held on the day of the invitation cards are sent. I would like you to come over here early for preparation,” Mr. Jung informed before parting ways.

                “No problem.”

                “Bye, then.”

                Right before turning away in the opposite direction, Aiden smirked.

                “You’re doing this to save your companies but not Jessica, right?”

p.s: mind checking out my haesica one-shot? the story is inspired by the anime 'Attack On Titan' (shoutout to otaku!). click here if you would like to check it out.