Pronouncement

How Did We Get Married?

Aiden walked towards the door of Jessica’s room in his fine-tailored suit, one that he received exclusively from B&E Company. Upon reaching the door, he raised his hand and softly knocked on it. A gentle response from the other side immediately aroused him emotionally. He was very unsure whether he was more excited or nervous on the announcement day of their marriage.

                “Hi, Jessie,” Aiden waved shortly at the girl.

                “Aiden!”

                Jessica swirled in her knee-length floral strapless dress and gave the brightest smile to the stunned man. Her dress was a black satin designed with classical roses on the lower part that sheened beautifully under the artificial light. She ended her careful twirl with a cheerful pose as her hand enveloped the sides of her slim body. Giving a slow clap mentally, Aiden wished he could do more than just beaming at the beautiful girl.

                “How do I look?” Jessica finally asked.

                That was the moment Aiden eyes caught the round s trapped under the dress, pushed up so perfectly that they looked so (deliciously, he had to admit it) attractive. He glanced up at Jessica and when she twirled again, noticing the nearly- of the girl. Reflexively, he rubbed the back of his neck.

                “What’s wrong, Aiden? Isn’t it pretty?” Jessica held his arm.

                “It shows too much of your skin, Jessie.”

                “You’ve seen me in my bikini at the beach before. What’s wrong with this?”

He walked to a door, which he recognized as the closet door, and entered it without asking permission. Well, not that the girl minded about it. Minutes later, he came out with an illusion tank lace boysenberry purple dress on a hanger. He raised up the hanger and showed the dress proudly with a convincing smile.

                “Tada! This will look much better on you, I assure,” Aiden said.

                “Aiden, you see. Tonight is my special night. Papa is going to announce our marriage and me as the new boss of B&E. I want to… you know… look beautiful.”

                “You’ll look beautiful in this dress.”

                “Am I not in this?”

                Silence surrounded them for a moment.

                “You do,” Aiden smiled.

                “Thank you, Aiden. Should we move now?” Jessica linked her arm with his bigger one.

                Aiden nodded promptly. Both of them made their way to the main door of the house. A chauffeur was waiting patiently for them in the car. Aiden opened the car door for the girl like any gentleman would do. She nodded as a ‘thank you’ and was careful not to ruin her satin dress as she sat neatly on the seat. He closed the door and entered through the other door. As soon as he made it into the car, the chauffeur began driving as they needed to make it to the venue fifteen minutes earlier, or on time as the latest.

 

                “Hey, Jess! Remember me?” A young mild voice spoke from the girl’s back.

                Jessica slowly turned around as her mind barely recognized the voice. However, she was very sure she met this guy before due to the familiar Italian-accented English. Much to her surprise, it turned out to be Egidio De Luca, the young man who tried to get her into bed during recent B & E Grand Party.

                “Oh, hey! You’re Egidio, right?” Jessica smiled.

                “Yup. No more mister, eh?” Egidio joked lightly.

                “Let’s be simple. No more formalities, okay?”

                “Nice, Jess. I’d hate to be too formal with such a pretty lady.”

                Jessica simply smiled at the young man and for a moment, she was captivated by the brown eyes looking at her. Egidio stepped closer and gave her the most charming smile an Italian man could give to her. He lowered down to her ears.

                “You don’t have to expect any Italian baby in your belly… cause I bring the best one tonight,” Egidio whispered seductively as he handed her a pack.

                The girl was surprised by the unexpected small gift by the man. She held the pack carefully and shaped a naughty smile to the young man. Egidio himself was quite shocked to receive such seemingly positive response from Jessica. He winningly beamed and quickly felt something twitching in his pants.

                “Jessie! There you are!”

                Aiden yelled from afar as he waved at the two. He rushed to her side and grabbed her arm without realizing the prior situation. Egidio was confused for a moment, but he still retreated a little. Jessica smiled and briefly embraced Aiden.

                “Jessie, your Dad has been searching for you. It’s about to start,” Aiden spoke.

                “Ahem,” Egidio cleared his throat deliberately.

                “Oh, Aiden! By the way, this is Egidio De Luca. He’s the second son of CLETO Company,” Jessica promptly introduced the man.

                “Hi, Mr. Egidio. I wish we can talk properly, but we need to be real quick. I’m sorry.”

                Aiden bowed briefly and pulled Jessica away from the man towards the stage. He could see Mr. Felix standing on the right side at the rostrum, all prepared to deliver his short speech. The old gentleman cleared his throat and started talking fluently in English. Turning sideways to his future-wife, Aiden carefully fixed her hair a bit and squeezed her shoulders gently.

                “You’re not changing your mind, right?” Aiden asked nervously.

                Jessica sweetly smiled and shook her head. Being the B & E Company’s CEO had always been her dream and marrying her best buddy was the stairway to her top dream. Aiden smiled back and planted a soft kiss on her forehead.

                “Thank you,” Aiden whispered, almost inaudible.

                Slowly, they ascended the mini stairs to the stage, every step was taken very much cautiously as they both were being stared at by the guests. Upon reaching the stage, they turned around and present the best smiles on their faces.

                “Here is my beautiful daughter, Jessica Jung and her boyfriend, Aiden Lee. Aiden is the son of N.XTAR Company, the best one when it comes to honey production. Standing proudly over here, I would like to announce that Jessica Jung and Aiden Lee will tie their bond as husband and wife soon. I know, this might be quite shocking since both of them just graduated from high school. However, this decision has been made for quite some time. The wedding date and venue will be announced on the invitation card that all of you will receive in two days…”

                Boyfriend.

                Aiden turned sideways, sniffing the banana scent of her hair and kissed her temple gently. He could feel that she slightly stiffened. Reflexively, he wrapped his arm and tightened his embrace around her slender waist. She relaxed a little in his arm. Then, she turned to Mr. Felix and smiled at him. He understood well the words behind the smile and cleared his throat to gain the attention of the guests. All of them immediately toned down their volume to silence; some of them were very eager to listen to the next expectedly huge news.

                “Next, I would like to announce that Jessica Jung will be the new CEO of Blanc & Eclare Company. My girl has gone to the best school in the United Kingdom, as we all know. During her teenage years, she is taught and trained very well by the experts of our company professionally. Like her mother, I cannot deny that she has it in her blood to run our trendsetter company. I hope that she will lead B&E Company to huge success around the world in the future.”

                Gasps and low noises filled the air just as Mr. Felix ended his second announcement. Some guests agreed with the news, but some guests felt that it was ridiculous and suspected that he must be hiding something big. As the various reactions went on, Aiden and Jessica bowed down to the guests and stepped off the stage. A few wives gave Jessica that jealous look she always got when she gained something from the company. Three years ago, she received the same look by them when Mr. Felix announced that the company will fully sponsor her batch’s grand annual dinner. She was greatly affected by them at that time but now, she refused to feel the same. Some people were just too lucky in this world, she guessed.

                “Jessica?” Egidio spoke from behind.

                “Oh. Hi again... Mr. Egidio, right?” Aiden held out his hand.

                Without even shaking his hand, Egidio stepped forward to the girl and held out his hand, palm on top.

                “Excuse me?” Jessica replied.

                “I'd like the back.” Egidio spoke out loud, sneaking a smirk at Aiden.

                Aiden was quite surprised, but he maintained his pose calmly. He was very sure there was a reasonable explanation to this. Unmoved, Jessica held out the piece between her forefinger and middle finger. She threw the onto the floor between them and smirked at the young man.

                “I’m not planning on keeping it either.”

                Jessica s her arm around Aiden’s arm and pulled him along with her as she walked pass Egidio. The Italian guy was quite surprised by the response as he bent down to pick up the on the floor. Some of the guests around them muttered incoherent words, most probably quite disturbed by their actions – especially the piece.

                “Jessie, what happened?” Aiden asked when they were much further from Egidio.

                “Nothing, Aiden.”

                Aiden was very familiar with the tone that Jessica just used to him. It was the popular shut-up-thank-you tone of hers. However, he could not let the unexpected event to just pass by as if nothing was affecting him. He was sure that he deserved an explanation since he would be her husband soon.

                “Jessie, I know that you’re mad right now but don’t I deserve a little talk over that thing?” Aiden softly spoke as he held her shoulders.

                “I don’t want to talk.”

                “Please, Jessie?”

                “No.”

                Aiden sighed. This girl could be very stubborn at times. Seems like their marriage will be such a journey for him.

                


Shoot me because I broke my promise! I'm sorry for the late update :( If you notice, I've changed Donghae's name to 'Aiden' and I would like to keep it that way along the story. Please comment down below about this update. Sorry if it because it's not easy to recall back everything after months. :((