Chapter 2

Ensnared [WJSN FF]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyeon's POV

I was running away from these scary armed men because I saw my friends run away. They are probably surprised because we aren't even notified about the mission's revelation just yet. As I run, my view is getting dizzier and dizzier due to the arrangement of the small bricks. I can't even recognise which one is a step and which one is not. All I can think about is Hyunjung eonni's words. Run, run for your life.

Without realising that I tripped on a protruded brick, and fell down to the bottom of the staircase.

Now I just need to run to the finish mark. I tried to get up with all my might, thinking that I would be fine, until I heard a gunshot.

"BANG!"

I screamed on the top of my lungs as a bullet pierced into my left shoulders through my back. It really is painful, as if my left hand is about to dislodge from my torso as my blood is pouring out of the gunshot wound. The next moment, I felt that my whole body was carried away by someone strong. I wanted to resist but I couldn't, this person insisted on carrying me somewhere they wanted. I just let myself get carried away, not thinking whether I can still survive for all of these since it's just the first mission.

After some metres, I felt a lot calmer since the gunshot noises subsided a lot as we ran. This is when I realised someone actually rescued me from getting killed from failing a mission. After the person stopped, I was made into a sitting position at the corner of the staircase, she tried supporting my left hand and called my name occasionally.

"Eonni? Jiyeon eonni! Are you okay?" I tried my best to give a response, just by opening my eyes. It was Eunseo, whom I remember already passed the finish mark just before I tripped. Does that mean that she ran back to my position, risking her life just so that we can survive altogether?

"Thank God, you're safe now." Eunseo said in relief.

I took a quick look to my right, it's Yeoreum who helped her with the first aid.

"Eonni, you should survive, let’s survive together and escape this tower. We can do this!" Yeoreum pleaded, her innocence just made me smile.

"Thank you so much for saving me, I really owe you one." I said, thanking both Eunseo and Yeoreum for helping me through this crisis.

"If only the shooter aims a bit lower, we can actually lose you. So this isn't something to take lightly. Also, I'm relieved that you're still alive." Eunseo said while working hard protecting my open wound.

We then took a five minute break before finally deciding to continue the challenge. It's pretty wholesome to see that all my friends are still there, waiting for me to feel better before proceeding.

"Are you ready to continue the challenge?"

Sojung asked me, making sure I can move on to the next challenge. I tried to get up, agreeing to proceed because I don't want to hold them back and to help them as much as I can. However, I still struggle with my balance, which is why I need Yeoreum's help to stabilise me temporarily before I'm able to stand on my own.

"No rush, Jiyeon. We can just go after you are really good to go." Sojung calmed me down.

"No, it's okay. The sooner we can escape, the better. I insist." I said, trying to convince Sojung that I'm alright.

"Well, let's just go slowly." Sojung hinted the girls to lower their pace for the next few missions. And just like that we proceeded to the next mission site.

-o-

Soobin's POV

My heart was pounding hard after all that chase. That was one hell of a challenge. I couldn't even imagine what kind of things awaited us next. But I believe that we can do it, can't we?

We walked straight for about five minutes before we finally saw a bird flying on top of us. I'm not the first person to notice, it's Luda, who then just wrapped her arms around mine, looking surprised.

"Did you guys see that?" Chengxiao said, as she saw the bird.

"Yes, it looks so pretty!" Luda complimented.

"This is weird. What is a bird doing inside a tower?!" Dayoung replied, then attempted to talk to the bird. "Hey birdie, you should go away from here, it's not a safe place."

Dayoung's seemingly intimate talk with the birds just made her friends crack up. Imagine joking around by talking to a bird during tense moments like this? And as expected, the bird can't even care any less.

Seconds later, we heard a chirping sound from ahead, and saw a curtain made of leaves and flowers.

"It's more than one!" I squealed, surprised for more to come into our sight.

"I've got a bad feeling about this." Yeonjung mumbled.

"I know it's just our second challenge, but this seems to get more and more absurd, this is highly suspicious." Dawon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter