Chapter 8

Ensnared [WJSN FF]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The girls are waiting for Luda in front of the snack cart, questioning her whereabouts to the last two members exiting the maze, Jiyeon and Dawon. None of them admitted that Luda was with them during the moment she screamed, or maybe right before that. Suddenly, the girls heard a sound that they didn't want to hear, at all.

The sound of armed men marching.

"Oh my God." Jiyeon said, startled. Right in front of their eyes, several armed men brought a body bag and marched past them.

"Luda eonni!" Yeoreum cried, Yeonjung patted her shoulder to calm her down. While Sojung just covered her face with her palm

"Who did it? You guys are the only ones still inside the maze when I heard her scream." Sojung asked.

Dayoung and Jiyeon glared at Dawon, who just froze on her spot and started weeping.

"Dawon ah, you haven't answered my question yet, isn't Luda with you the whole time? I remember seeing both of you together." Jiyeon asked slightly confused, and had no response that she was getting from Dawon, inducing Dayoung's and Sojung's anger.

“Wow, eonni. I really can’t believe what you just did. Why talk about escaping together when you are the person who sabotage  everything?” Dayoung said, trying to deny the reality that their team is not on the same boat.

“Dawon ah. I’m really disappointed with you. So this is everything hidden behind your silence?” Sojung said, not believing what she’s currently faced with.

This is the moment where Jiyeon tried her best to calm the situation down.

“Oh, I forgot something, I happened to collect a lot of tokens from my search just now, and hopefully these can help with our supplies, together with those in the vent.”

Jiyeon took out all the tokens she currently has, and headed to the snack cart to trade them with the supplies, the other girls followed Jiyeon to trade their tokens as well.

Everyone else but Dawon, who decided to stand still, not knowing what to do.That is until Yeonjung took a glance to the back.

“Eonni-deul, let’s not think about whatever just happened, she’s still our member after all. Nobody here is perfect, and nobody deserves to get such treatment. Even if none of you are going to help her. I will.” Yeonjung said as she made her way closer to Dawon.

“Eonni, let’s trade your tokens.” Yeonjung coolly coaxed the elder one to trade their tokens together.

“Y-yeonjung. Are you sure about it? You aren't scared that you might lose your life because of me like what they said?” Dawon can’t believe that there’s someone who is still having faith in her.

“Look, it’s not that I’m on anyone’s side. I just believe that hard work will prevail in the end, no matter how cruel the conspiracy is. Let’s just try our best and escape, okay? If you think you aren’t the mastermind, don’t let them get into you, eonni. Let’s go!” Yeonjung said as she grabbed Dawon’s hand and dragged her to the snack cart.

-o-

After trading their tokens, the girls continued their journey to the next mission site. Unlike the previous journeys, this time the atmosphere is filled with tension. The reason behind it is mainly because of their awareness of someone behind all these inhumane missions.

This time, instead of leading the team in the front, Yeonjung walked at the back together with Dawon, while Jiyeon held Sojung and Dayoung, leading the team, together with Yeoreum beside Sojung. Seems like both Sojung and Dayoung are still taken aback with their utmost disappointment towards Dawon, whom they believed is the person who just took Luda’s life.

“I can’t believe this. Even she herself didn’t say anything to defend herself.” Jiyeon said.

“I know right, eonni. Now that I think about it. Eonni should take care of yourself.” Dayoung making some predictions of what might happen next.

“Dayoung is right, in the movies, usually the bad guy will try to get rid of the person suspecting them as soon as possible.” Sojung ensured Dayoung’s point.

“Don’t worry too much, we will try our best to protect you, eonni.” Dayoung said.

-o-

Yeoreum’s POV

The further we walked, the darker our surroundings got. Hence, the eerier the atmosphere becomes. It’s like we are walking towards a never ending cave. Less windows, less sunlight, more bricks and also more lanterns.

Honestly I’m still shaken by Luda eonni’s passing. Today we handled way too much even before we got to the checkpoint, yet we still have one more mission to accomplish before we can unwind. Also, like Yeonjung, I prefer to not stand by anyone’s side since both eonnis are pretty suspicious to my eyes. One of them for being too silent and passive aggressively confrontative about this, and the other being persuasively pushing her and always trying to argue with whatever she does. However, unlike Yeonjung, I started to believe in this issue and I’m dying to know who actually is behind all of these. Are they really opposed to e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter