Chapter 6

Ensnared [WJSN FF]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's a new day in Cosmic Tower. The girls are finally awake and preparing themselves for the missions ahead, being completely confident that they won't lose any more members by the end of the second day and if better, escape the tower.

As they approached the checkpoint door, Yeonjung noticed something that wasn't supposed to be there. She picked the thing up, it's another parchment scroll, looks new as if it's just located there not too long ago.

"Eonni-deul, I found something." Yeonjung called the older members. One by one, except for Meiqi, approached her, who then read the whole contents of the scroll after everyone approached.

"Good morning, Ujus. A friendly reminder that you have two days left to escape this tower before the cleansing day. Please get yourselves prepared, because yesterday was just the warm up. There will be three more missions ahead before you reach the next checkpoint. Here’s the catch, the rules will be slightly changing from the first day, but it's on you to figure it out. Lastly, make sure that you don't lose your key you acquire from the very beginning because it will be the key that leads you to the exit of this tower. Good luck!"

"Well, do you still have the key with you?" Sojung asked Yeonjung who happened to keep the key during the first day.

"Yeah, I still have the key with me, eonni." Yeonjung replied with confidence.

"Then we should protect Yeonjung at all cost, once we lose her, we will lose our freedom." Yeoreum said.

"Hey, aren't we escaping together? It really doesn't matter who has it then." Jiyeon argued.

Everyone else agreed with Jiyeon, since that's what they wanted. At this moment, Sojung gathered the girls and proposed a group hug for good luck on their second day.

"Girls, as always, good luck for today! And let's at least survive today, or even escape, that's a lot better. Make Hyunjung eonni proud of us!" Sojung said, before the girls stepped out from the checkpoint.

"G-guys, I don't think that I could get on with the mission. I'd be a burden, not gonna lie." Meiqi said before they went for the next mission, half panting.

She's not in her best condition right now because of the wound on her right foot. She has had a fever since last night and she looks pale.

"Of course not, we'll help you get through this together! Right girls?" Sojung said.

"No, that wouldn't do. I'll just go through the vent again. Let's try our best to survive and let's meet again at the next checkpoint" Meiqi said.

The girls just stood in silence for a few seconds.

"I'll come with you! Eunseo said, feeling responsible for what happened to Meiqi.

"Me too!" Chengxiao added, as she raised her hand.

"Ugh, I'm not sure if this is a good idea, but I'll come with you too. If anything bad happens, I'll get out of the air vent and join the other girls." Soobin said, not really sure about her decision.

"Sounds like a plan, although I actually like the air vent more, it's a lot more adventure, as for the mission, we would see our fellow friends getting executed and it's too painful to watch." Eunseo said.

"I remember on our first day, break the rules at your own risk, I hope you didn't speak too soon, Eunseo." Dawon suddenly addresses her worry to Eunseo, which is quickly interrupted by Jiyeon.

"Speaking of which, I heard some rumors about a conspiracy about this." Jiyeon said, whilst glaring at Dawon, then looked at Eunseo deeply and asked. "So Eunseo, are you sure you're doing this?"

Tension rises among the girls, because Eunseo's answer is the key to the aftermath of their escape.

"Well, it's not that we don't have any backup plan, eonni." Eunseo said, making Jiyeon even more worried.

"Alright eonni-deul, let's not waste any more time! Let's go now and escape sooner." Yeonjung pleaded and tried to reduce the tension. The older girls agreed and made their way outside the checkpoint.

As expected they saw another set of stairs, yet no sight of another air vent yet, making the venting team more and more nervous, fearing that they can't find any before the  morning mission, forcing them to run when at least one of them is not in the best condition to do so.

Slowly the girls walked down the staircase while finding the next air vent. Yeonjung, who was walking in the front row, spotted a door from afar.

The same door as the one she saw yesterday.

"I guess all of us will be running any time soon." Yeonjung said, reminding the girls about the morning mission that will be occurring soon. However, the venting team is no longer nervous because...

"Hey, look! Right across the door! Another opening of an air vent." Soobin exclaimed.

"Won't it be too risky to enter? Just run with us!" Xuanyi suggested that the venting team reconsider their decision.

"They still can, as long as they didn't cross that starting line." Sojung said after she spotted another weird looking red line from about 50 metres from the door.

Slowly, the venting team walked towards their target while making sure that the armed men won't be rushing out any time soon.

While the mission team proceeded to walk, they finally reached the front of the starting line. There another problem arose, they sta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter