Chapter 11

Ensnared [WJSN FF]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunseo's POV

I was panicking when Meiqi suddenly hyperventilating heavily and we haven't found any clue for the next checkpoint.

"We don't have much time! We need to find the next checkpoint!" Chengxiao said, she's as panicked as I was.

"We've been walking for hours and there's nothing! I don't think we will find it anytime soon." I replied, knowing that we're in huge trouble.

A few seconds later, I Meiqi held me and Chengxiao's hand. We immediately looked at her. I could see tears flowing from her eyes as she shook her head and smiled. She stopped breathing.

"No! Meiqi!" I screamed.

We immediately laid her down and I tried to give her basic life support by doing cardiopulmonary resuscitation. I put one hand on the center of her chest and the other one on top and started compressing her chest 30 times. After that, I tilted her head, pinched her nose, put my mouth over hers, and gave her two slow gentle breaths. I tried doing it a few times, but still, no sign of her recovering.

When I was just about to do it one more time, Chengxiao held my shoulder and shook her head.

"No! We have to try again!" I shouted at Chengxiao.

"You've done enough, Eunseo. You're only going to harm yourself along with her if you keep doing this." Chengxiao said while crying, because she lost her friend and got yelled at by another. I stopped and hugged Chengxiao.

“I’m sorry, Chengxiao. I shouldn’t have yelled at you, I just don’t want to lose any more members.”

I can't believe that we lost another member. I thought we could treat her wound at the next checkpoint.

"I'm sorry, Meiqi." I said to Meiqi, as I hugged her cold body. Chengxiao hugged her too.

"Should we leave her here?" Chengxiao asked me, looking really sad.

I nodded. I was really sad having to leave her body here in the air vent. But I realised that it will also be hard if we carry her when we don't even know where we're going.

We sat there for a few minutes, in grief. And after that, we decided to continue looking for our way out.

-o-

Yeonjung's POV

Time flies, the last two days we are all together, planning a happy summer vacation, now ten of us are no longer together. Hugging Dawon eonni, I walked to the next mission site. Sojung eonni was far in front of us, looking so upset about the outcome of our previous mission that she didn't even want to take a glance at us.

To be honest, I'm sad about Dayoung and Jiyeon eonni leaving us during the mission, but to point fingers at someone because of this is a bit too much for us.

As the youngest among us, I don't even dare to say anything because I might ignite another fight which adds up to all this chaos. However, my heart raced when Dawon eonni kept ranting about how bad she feels towards Jiyeon eonni. Whenever I try to calm her down and focus on the next  mission, this is what she will respond to.

"You never understand, Yeonjung. I'm this close to save her-"

"SHUT UP!"

Sojung eonni yelled and turned to us, more than ready to release her wrath on Dawon eonni.

"Stop being a hypocrite! You told us that you highly suspected Jiyeon and that she's the person behind everything. Now that she's gone because of YOU!" Sojung eonni pointed at Dawon eonni angrily. "And this sh*t is not coming to an end yet, what are you going to say?"

"Eonni-"

"ENOUGH! It's clear now. Even in the movies, the main villain will get rid of the person suspecting them as soon as possible, and that's exactly what you're doing." Sojung eonni knelt and broke down to tears.

"You just promised me last night, Dawon ah. And you broke it before it turns one day."

"Eonni, stop this, crying won't solve this problem. We still need to finish three more missions, and we still haven't figured out who the keyholder is." I tried to calm Sojung eonni down. "The keyholder might still be alive, don't lose hope yet."

Sojung eonni calmed down a bit after I said that gradually progressed, she probably thought that I'm the keyholder since I'm the one who has kept the key since day one. I hope that I can actually help contribute to our sweet escape.

Soon, we arrived at our second mission site. We are faced with three big empty tubes, looking like the ones in a museum, with dividers between each of them. I wonder what kind of mission that we are trying to do here. Sojung eonni happened to be the person closest to the mission card. She picked it up and read the contents.

“Congratulations, our three survivors.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter