Chapter 7

Ensnared [WJSN FF]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Eonni, hang in there! Take my hand!"

Eunseo said, as she tried to reach Soobin's hand. Soobin tried to reach Eunseo’s hand with all of her might. The downwards force that the fan had created made it harder for her to do so.

After a few attempts, her left hand finally reached Eunseo's hand. She grabbed it as hard as she could and attempted her first step upwards. She succeeded in her first step up. Right when she was about to attempt her second step, her foot slipped and the only thing that was saving her from the force was Eunseo's hand.

"No! Eonni!" Chengxiao yelled, crying.

"Eonni, don't let go of my hand!" Eunseo said to Soobin.

Soobin was crying. She knew that this wouldn't work. Her hands were slippery and the fan was whirring even faster than before.

"Girls! I'm sorry! Please escape from this tower for me, okay?!" Soobin said, crying.

A few seconds later, she lets go of Eunseo's hand.

"No! Soobin Eonni!" Eunseo screamed hysterically, unwilling to let Soobin go.

Not wanting Eunseo to see the traumatizing scene, Meiqi and Chengxiao pulled Eunseo away from the scene. The last thing they heard was a loud banging sound, followed by splatters of red liquid, known as blood, and a loud scream. And just like that, they lost another member.

For three whole minutes, they just sat there. Eunseo was still crying, grieving upon Soobin's death. Chengxiao was sitting next to her, trying to calm her down.

"It's not your fault, Eunseo." Meiqi said, knowing that Eunseo was blaming herself for what happened to Soobin.

"Of course it was! I could've held her hands stronger. I-I could've-" Eunseo said, unable to finish her sentence and continue crying.

"Eunseo-yah, please don't blame yourself for what happened. It's never your fault, okay?"

Chengxiao said, as she patted Eunseo's shoulder.

They waited for another minute for Eunseo to calm down before they finally decided to continue their journey.

-o-

Meiqi's POV

It's been around two hours since we lost Soobin eonni. We were just walking around, looking for clues or ways to get to the next checkpoint. I didn't feel really good, my body's aching. I think it's because of the wound on my foot. This time, Chengxiao was leading the line and Eunseo was behind me, still mourning.

I wonder what happened to the other team. Are they okay? Are they all alive? Or is someone injured? I was also wondering what would've happened if I joined the other team, or if I didn't injure myself. But well, the world is full of mysterious things.

"Should we rest? I'm getting a bit tired and Meiqi doesn't look really good." Chengxiao said, as she saw my face.

"Okay." I replied.

We decided to sit down and rest for a while.

"How are you feeling, Eunseo? Better?" I asked Eunseo with a hoarse voice.

"I'm fine. Are you okay Meiqi? You sounded really sick." Eunseo asked, feeling worried.

"Actually I don't feel really good, but I guess I could hold it until tonight, when we reached the next checkpoint. Hopefully there's something we could use there that could make me feel better." I replied, not wanting my two sisters to be worried.

“I think it’s because of the direct fan exposure.” Chengxiao assumed

“Also I think that she’s the only one injured, and her current condition just worsened her health.” Eunseo replied.

"Get some sleep, Meiqi. I don't think you could continue walking whilst looking like this." Chengxiao said, looking so worried about me.

"But I-" I was about to refuse the suggestion, but Eunseo stopped me.

"No, she's right. You should rest. I'll find the next checkpoint. I'll make sure to wake you up when I find it. Okay?" Eunseo said.

"Don't worry, Meiqi. Me and Eunseo will take turns to find the checkpoint. You don't have to worry about us. Just focus on your health." Chengxiao said, letting me know that she'll take turns and help Eunseo.

I just nodded. And off, Eunseo goes to find the next checkpoint. Chengxiao was sitting next to me. My head suddenly felt dizzy. A few minutes later, my eyes started to become heavy, and I slept.

-o-

Meanwhile in the mission team, after they lost their second member, who is also the second eldest in the team. They started to suspect one another to be the person behind all of these.

"Luda yah." Dawon approached her best friend, who looked pretty bothered because of her behaviour that day.

"Stop it! I can't take it anymore. Why do you keep sticking with me today? It's like not a second passed without you leaving my side?" Luda started complaining, no longer being able to bear the constant nagging and accompaniment that caused discomfort inside her.

"Listen, I want us to escape together. Did you even notice what just happened this morning? I'm pretty sure that you're the next one on the list! Give me a chance to protect you." Daw

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter