Chapter 13

Ensnared [WJSN FF]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dawon's POV

"How does it feel to be the last survivor, Nam Dawon?"

I heard a familiar voice calling my name as I'm trying to reach the doorknob to escape. I can't help but to stop my current actions and to turn my head towards the source of the voice.

"Eonni-"

The smile, the deceivingly small stature with a huge bandage on her left shoulder, also the cute voice. She is someone I hope to not see right before my escape.

"J-jiyeon eonni. What happened after the rock climbing mission?"

I froze as I realised that Jiyeon eonni was right in front of me, waiting for this moment to happen.

"I'll tell you the whole story in a while. Anyways, don't get too excited just yet, because everything goes as I planned so far."

Jiyeon eonni said, finally confessing her crime to me, without even the tiniest bit of remorse. I shrieked in disbelief, my hunch is right since day one, and I hope at least one of my teammates is here to witness this moment.

"I knew it was you all along." I said as my voice started wavering. "Everything just happened as if it's a mere coincidence, when the truth is it's way too organised to be one."

Jiyeon eonni slightly nodded and walked towards me.

"Look, I would like to thank you and some of your teammates because you are the reason why everything went smoothly."

My heart raced as the gap between Jiyeon eonni and I decreased.

"By killing them?" I asked. "But why?"

Jiyeon eonni smirked and started telling her story.

"Actually, I have no preference on who to be victimised as I originally thought it would be a battle of the fittest. However, things started to get interesting during the apple mission. I remember that you started to suspect me then. So I deliberately set the apple tree to grow only twelve apples, instead of thirteen, knowing that one of your dumb friends will believe that they will regrow next spring."

The first mystery is unfolding, proving Meiqi's point. I decided to stay silent waiting for more to come.

"I gave you a sign when your suspicions towards me rose, but you just didn't get it. Remember that you are almost eliminated during the card mission? Truth is, I planned to not harm anyone just yet. But this event is perfect for me to start setting things up for people to suspect you, and it worked pretty well." 

That card mission that almost killed me?

Now that I think about it, I hope that I'm drawing a weaker card at that moment, but I guess if she planned to make me survive at that time, she will do anything to make my card stronger than that of the armed man.

"But later at night, the MVP, your best friend, came to me and leaked about how much you suspected me."

Here comes the Luda incident. The fact that she actually bailed me out just angered me. All I tried to do was to protect her, but this is how she repaid me.

"Hold on, don't be mad just yet, she didn't say that it was you that day. She just described you in one sentence and I'm pretty convinced with that. Then the only thing left with my whole plan is to confirm the identity of the culprit, she might be trying to bail someone else to protect you." 

Mentioning Luda, Jiyeon eonni made me grieve on her loss again, but this time it's a lot sadder because I'm the only one bearing the news, together with all these scenarios.

"That night I really thought hard, what should I do? I knew that by getting rid of you will only put me even higher on their suspect list. So the next day during the maze mission, I decided to frame whoever Luda is talking about and put her into the prime suspect list among the girls, of course after I make sure that it's you."

-flashback-

(TW : containing violence and gory scenes. If you can’t stand this, feel free to skip this part)

Luda's POV

"Well, it's okay then, eonni will get going. If you change your mind later, just find me."

Jiyeon eonni said. She then left us and continued her journey.  As we walked together, I exchange glances with Dawon, who happened to be by my side at that moment.

"Dawon ah, are you sure you aren't heading to the token treasure?"

I asked, to which Dawon firmly rejected.

"But Jiyeon eonni is trying to help us." I tried to coax her.

"No, Luda. If you want to go, just go. But be careful alright? Please come back to me safely."

I remember this is the last thing I heard from my best friend.

"Alright, I will." I said before I walked further and further away from her, to meet Jiyeon eonni with hopes that she will take me to the promised token chest. On the other hand, she stood still, not even moving an inch closer to me. She might be trying to play safe, or she finally noticed that I'm no longet comfortable around her.

Whatever, I guess she is pretty dumb to not taking this huge opportunity.

I tried to find Jiyeon eonni as I'm walking with a lot of things going inside my head, and after a long search I found her near the area of the maze, which seemed like an exit. There I thought that I could no longer find more tokens. However, how nice of Jiyeon eonni

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter