Fate?

A Sip of Cocoa

 Donghae grabbed onto the table leg harshly as he watched Eunhyuk leave through the front door of the dorm. Hae had been hiding under that table for five minutes, watching Eunhyuk, hoping he would turn around and tell him to call him like usual. A year ago, Donghae wouldn't have been under that table. A year ago he wouldn't have known Eunhyuk's feelings. A year ago, he wouldn't have known his own feelings. A year ago, Donghae wouldn't have been as upset as he was then.

 "Whatchya doing Fishy?" Donghae jumped, banging his head on the table, as he heard Heechul's booming voice.

 " L-looking for my glasses?" Donghae mumbled as he crawled out from under the table. He knew it was a terrible lie.

 Thankfully, Heechul hadn't heard it. " What? Stop mumbling!"

 " Looking for my cellphone." Donghae said more clearly, slipping his phone out from his back pocket.

 " Mhm, yeah sure." Heechul smiled gently. " Where's Eunhyuk?"

 " He just went out." Donghae replied, eyes avoiding Heechul's.

 Heechul stared at his bandmate, studying Donghae carefully.

 Heechul knew he was very loud, outspoken. He knew he wasn't the must subtle person of the group. He knew he wasn't the one everyone went for when they were upset. He knew that he was the one who people would come to when they needed to feel strong, feel independent. They went to Heechul when they didn't want to complain, but to feel like they didn't have too. Heechul didn't mind, but he cared for his dongsaengs alot. He wanted to help them. Heechul wasn't a fantastic Umma like their leader Leeteuk, or Key from SHINee. He didn't have a way with words: Well he did but they weren't always the kindest of things, but he cared. He wanted to be able to cheer them all up, he felt sort of useless.The only people that ever came to him for help, it being anything, were Donghae and Hangeng. Hangeng, now out of the picture, he only had Donghae left. That's why, no matter how frustrating Donghae got, Heechul would never push him away. Besides, Donghae was the cry baby, he can't say no to him.

 Heechul sighed and embraced Donghae tightly, gently the fish-boy's head. Donghae snuggled into his hyung. Donghae knew Heechul was one of the most kind people in the world, just he didn't know how to express it, and that Heechul was a bit more complicated than others. That's why he comes to him, because Heechul, although not the best with words, knows if he's suppose to speak or not too. He comes to Heechul because, Heechul was like his big brother, not an Umma ( No matter his Feminine looks), a big brother who could never be replaced.

 " I know you love him." Heechul mumbled.

 Donghae nodded. He wanted to go back to being the innocent kid who would go ' Of course, he's my best friend, why wouldn't I love him?', he wanted to go back to not knowing, but he didn't want to even fake it too Heechul. " I know I do." He replied.

 " I know he loves you too." Heechul stated.

 " I know that too." Donghae sighed, feelings tears starting to stream down his face. Heechul felt his shirt tighten, and if it was anyone else, someone he wasn't close too, he would have pushed them away; This was Donghae so he only brought him closer to his chest.

 " I don't know why we aren't together though." Donghae announced.

 Heechul petted the top of Donghae's head. " Yeah why aren't ya, that's pretty ed up." Heechul teased.

 Donghae chuckled. " And you're love life isn't?"

 Heechul shrugged. " My love life is always ed up. All of ours is! We have video cameras watching us for petes sake." Donghae finally let out a laugh, but Heechul didn't let go. He knew Donghae still wanted to feel safe in someone's arms.

 " Do you think he loves Hyoyeon?" Donghae asked, the joyful moment now seeming to never have existed.

 " Hell no. He's probably just trying to make our CryBaby Hae jealous." Heechul teased. Donghae looked up, his eyes widening.

 " Really?!"

 " N-No. Jeez, for someone who loves to prank, you are really gullible."

 " Thanks for the compliment Hyung."

 " No problem Fishy." Heechul kissed Donghae's temple. " Anyway, He loves you, and no one else. He's just being a bit ed up at the moment."

 Suddenly, the door swung open. Donghae and Heechul snapped their heads to the door. Neither of them could even attempt to hold the serious moment between them: They fell down laughing. There source of laughter: A drenched Eunhyuk at the doorstep with an open umbrella which had more holes than fabric.

 " W-What happened. Aren't y-you having a date with Hyoyeon?" Donghae asked, finally settling down.

 Eunhyuk shut the door with his foot and flung the umbrella somewhere into the dorm. " Well yeah, but she canceled. Some last minute photoshoot since an Anti decided to wreck their photos."

 " Aaw, poor SNSD." Donghae sighed.

 " Yeah, so what were you two doing?" Eunhyuk asked, staring at Heechul who was now just sitting on the floor staring at the two.

 " We were just chatting." Heechul announced. Eunhyuk looked at Donghae, waiting for confirmation, but he spotted tear stains on his cheek.

 Eunhyuk walked over to Hae and placed his hands on both of Donghae's cheeks. " You okay?"

 " Y-yeah."

 " You sure." Eunhyuk asked tilting Donghae's head back a bit, and quickly scanning over his body for any cuts.

 " I'm fine Hyukkie. I just bumped into the table a bit." Donghae mumbled, which wasn't a complete lie. The table hitting his head did hurt like hell.

 Eunhyuk grinned and hugged Donghae tightly. " Good. If anything happens, make sure to tell me okay?"

 " Okay." Donghae nodded, smiling at the attention he was recieving. " You should go change, you're all wet and watery and wet. You're getting me all wet and watery and wet."

 Eunhyuk laughed and walked towards his room. " I want Hot cocoa make me some?!" He called as he walked into their shared room.

 " OF COURSE!" Donghae called back hearing the door close. Heechul, somewhere in the midst of the conversation, had stood up, and walked over to Donghae's side.

 " It's fate Fishy. You were meant to be with him." Heechul whispered in Donghae's ear. Donghae blinked as Heechul tapped Donghae's shoulder a bit before leaving him alone in the kitchen.

 Donghae sighed and turned the kettle on, preparing the hot water. He poured the hot cocoa mix into a cup, knowing his hyukkie would share with him, even if he did have a cup of his own. Donghae giggled, and thought back to Hyukkie's worried face. It was selfish, but he loved when Eunhyuk's attention was only on him, and he was worrying only about him. The memory of Hyuk's warm hands on Donghae's cheeks, caused him to loose connection with the real world. He was brought back when he slipped and his hand hit the boiling kettle. He shrieked quietly, to not alert the members and grabbed his hand. A visible red mark was on his hand. Donghae felt tears well up in his eyes but he shook his head and waved his arm around hoping it would work.

  " Donghae you okay?" Eunhyuk called sprinting into the kitchen. Donghae looked up, curious on how he knew he was hurt. Little did he know, Eunhyuk didn't know he had a feeling.

 " Y-Yeah just burned my hand a bit." Donghae smiled his famous childish grin. Eunhyuk grabbed Donghae's wrist tightly and brought it up to his face, seeming to be inspecting it.

 Then, Eunhyuk kissed the red mark, and with out a second thought kissed Donghae's lips. Donghae's eyes widened, but quickly closed.

 " YEAH!" The two kissing jumped and turned to spot Heechul, his feline features coming alive. Heechul smiled sheepishly as they had glanced at him and sprinted back to his room. If Hangeng had taught him anything when he was there: When he saw someone kissed and let one of 'those' comments slip out he should leave. It took a while of Hangeng dragging him away too learn it, but he did learn it.

 Donghae giggled and looked at Hyuk, his eyes sparkling more than they had been for the past week. Eunhyuk smiled at the site and wrapped his arms around Donghae's waist, kissing the brunette passionetly, forgetting the problems with Hyoyeon. While Donghae forgot about the teapot whistling out of control beside them.

 

______________________________________________________________________

Authors note:

What do you guys think? Comments? PLEASE? :o Anyway, it's still angsty, and I guess it will be for awhile, so the relationship can be more meaningful.

 Oh and fans are my inspiration, just subscribing to the story or leaving the comment of UPDATE makes my day <3 Oh and sorry it's so short.