Entry 9

𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐭𝐲 || 𝐎𝐡 𝐌𝐲 𝐆𝐢𝐫𝐥 (𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝟐)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There are only a few weeks until Christmas left. Only a few weeks and everyone is already in the mood. The weather is a lot colder now, the city is decorated everywhere and everyone is already singing Christmas songs and preparing for their holidays. Some students even left to their hometowns earlier, too bored to stay in college until last week. Yoobin is, as always, going to every of her classes and as always studying and trying hard. Fortunately for her, working at the library isn't a hard job to do and she has a lot of free time in there to study as well. So it's a win win. With the only difference that being that now she has to study a lot harder cause since Christmas is close, that also means that the end of the semester is close as well. Which means, exams are close as well. She's always stressed when exams are near so she's studying extra hard. Which means that she's barely hanging out with her friends. Fortunately for her, her friends doesn't abandon her and actually come and visit her either at the library or in her dorm.

 

Jiho and Yewon are the ones who come to her dorm the most, bringing her food because sometimes she skips lunch or dinner, and they make sure she's alright. Of course they don't waste her time or distract her.

 

Except for Yoobin though, the rest are busy with studying or preparing for the holidays as well. Fortunately for Yoobin, Jiho and Yewon have taken most of the parts of Jiho's plan since Yoobin was too busy and stressed with studying and exams. Yewon has been grumbling and to Jiho of how much she misses Yoobin but she can't do anything about it of course because she doesn't want to distract Yoobin or add more pressure and stress on her so she's just mutely helping her as much as she can. But she still feels like a bystander and mostly, she's worried about Yoobin. But Jiho reassures her that Yoobin is fine and it's something that she does every time, getting too into studying because she wants to have perfect marks and all.

 

So, the maknae line is busy making their plan and taking care of Yoobin. Then, there's Shiah who's actually trying to study a bit as well, which causes Mihyun to actually start studying a bit too since her girlfriend is busy studying and can't go out on dates with her. Hyejin also studies a bit but mostly hangs out with her other friends since the rest seems to be too busy. She feels kind of lonely but she knows they're all still good friends and no one is going to ghost her or something. They're all just busy. After all, she's also giving some space to Hyojung so she can fix things with Seunghee.

 

And, that's the topic we're going to talk about today. Hyojung and Seunghee.

 

Seunghee is trying to focus on her studying too, as everyone else does. Which is a bit of a surprise because without a Seunghee and a Hyojung in their group of friends, the group is dead, basically. They're the loudest and the funniest. But since everyone is busy, Seunghee can't have fun on her own. She hits it off pretty well with Jiho and Yewon but she decides for once to focus on her studying too. After all, classes get harder and harder each year and she doesn't want to study forever.

 

And then, there's Hyojung who's trying hard to fix things.

 

She's been trying ever since her talk with Yoobin which was a week ago by the way. Only a week has passed and things doesn't seem to change much but Hyojung isn't good at giving up just yet. It's too soon for that. So, as always she walks by Shiah and Mihyun's dorm room, the one Seunghee is also living at. She smiles brightly as she knocks on their door. Of course, Mihyun is the one who's going to open it, the other two too busy in their studying to even stand up to open the door.

 

"Hey! Good morning! How are you?" Hyojung greets her friend who looks sleepy and moody.

 

"Mmm. I'm good, I'm good. Just… in need of some good sleep. That's all." Mihyun mumbles as she extends her arms above her head, trying to wake up her body and relax her muscles. She still looks sleepy though, her black hair is messy and her eyes half closed. Hyojung almost wants to laugh. And to think that Yewon and Shiah were the hardest to wake up…

 

"I get it. Don't worry. Holidays are around the corner! How are your roommates?"

 

"Fine." Mihyun answers after turning to look at Shiah who just sat down in her chair and starts to study. It's too early in the morning for everyone and she looks too tired and sleepy. Mihyun smiles faintly. She opens the door wider for Hyojung to come inside and she heads towards Shiah, giving her a kiss on her cheek.

 

"You want me to make you some coffee?" She suggests as she bends down on the floor to face Shiah more and closer. Shiah smiles weakly and nods her head. Mihyun walks towards the kitchen as Hyojung enters the dorm slowly.

 

"I was just passing by though. You didn't have to let me in." She says loud enough for Mihyun to hear since she went to the kitchen.

 

"It's ok. No worries!" It's kinda like a habit now for all of them. Hyojung passes by to see how they are doing but also to leave something for Seunghee so everyone in the dorm was basically expecting for her to come this morning. So Mihyun gladly let her in because it was an everyday thing by now.

 

Hyojung glances towards Seunghee's part of the room. It's tidy, not perfect as Yoobin's, no one can beat her to it, but it looks nice. Seunghee's light pink hair are messily tied up in a loose high ponytail, she's wearing her round glasses and she's holding a book that rests on her thighs as she's sitting cross-legged on Mihyun's bed which has basically became hers now since she has moved in and she had to sleep somewhere. Don't ask me where Mihyun sleeps, I think it's pretty obvious that she can't stay away from Shiah so she sleeps while cuddling Shiah on Shiah's bed.

 

Hyojung can't help but stare at her with a small smile on her lips. Even if Seunghee is wearing just some simple and comfortable warm clothes and has her hair messy and she's just studying there, she's still absolutely beautiful to Hyojung. She wishes she would just raise her head and look at her but she knows Seunghee has no reason to do that.

 

"I actually came in a rush though because I have class in a few."

 

"Mm. Ok. You want coffee?"

 

"No thanks. I actually… brought some lunch. I woke up earlier to make it so please don't eat it now. And that goes for you Mihyun."

 

"What? I don't eat all the time!" Mihyun groans from the kitchen but Hyojung doesn't believe her. She goes to tje kitchen to leave the bags with the food she's cooked and sees Mihyun eating, again.

 

"Again? See! That's what I'm talking about! You're supposed to make her coffee, not eat!"

 

"I'm making her coffee too, you know! I'm just eating as well. I can't help it, ok? I tend to eat a lot when I'm stressed. Leave me alone!" Mihyun grumbles and heads back to the bedroom with Shiah's coffee. The girl smiles and kisses Mihyun's cheek as she gladly accepts the coffee. Hyojung places the bags somewhere so they can keep being warm till lunch time and returns back to the living room.

 

"Ok that's basically it. I gotta go now. Give this to Seunghee." Hyojung says and takes out a small letter from her jacket's pocket. She gives it to Mihyun who casually accepts it since it's not the first time this happens. At first she was surprised by all these yeah but now, not really.

 

"Have a good day everyone! See you around!" She says as she heads towards the door. She turns around to look at Seunghee, hoping that the girl will look at her, tell her something, anything, but nothing. Shiah waved at her and Mihyun walked her to the door.

 

"See you in the afternoon? I guess?" Mihyun says and shrugs her shoulders.

 

"Yeah. I guess." She sighs as she glances at Seunghee for the last time. Mihyun sighs too.

 

"Good luck with class?" Mihyun says, a bit unsure and Hyojung smiles and nods her head. She stares at Seunghee, hoping for some attention even at the last minute, but nothing. So she takes another step and does another move too. After all, bringing food and letters to Seunghee didn't seem enough so she had to try harder.

 

"Seunghee ah." She calls out the girl. She can't get ignored, right? Her voice isn't bright because she's actually afraid of Seunghee's actions. Her voice trembles and is serious. Seunghee notices that so after a few long lingering seconds and feeling Mihyun's deathly glare she replies, without looking at Hyojung though, her eyes still focused on her book,

 

"Mmm?"

 

"Good luck with studying. You can do this. I believe in you. Fighting!" She says and waves goodbye to the girl even though she never turned to look at her. She smiles sadly at Mihyun before leaving their dorm completely. Mihyun sighs and turns to look at Seunghee who's smiling from ear to ear as she finally grabs the letter in a hurry from Mihyun's hands.

 

"Are you serious right now?" Mihyun yells at her. Seunghee just sticks her tongue out to her and unwraps the letter. Mihyun is annoyed though so she quickly grabs it from Seunghee's hands.

 

"Ya! It's mine! Give it back!" Seunghee tries to get it back by extending her hands upwards, trying to reach for the letter in Mihyun's hands. Mihyun raises her hands higher so Seunghee can't reach the letter and Seunghee groans as she tries to stand still on her knees, too bored to just stand up from the bed.

 

"Why are you doing this to her?"

 

"I didn't do anything to her, what do you mean?"

 

"You're hurting her and we all know it!"

 

"She hurt me first!" Seunghee says with a higher voice as she pouts and crosses her arms to her chest. She literally looks like a young kid to Mihyun.

 

"So? Do you have to hurt her back? You both got hurt by all these and you know it! Why do you have to keep this up? Why don't you just tell her to get back together?"

 

"Because! What's your deal huh? It's none of your business! Now give me the letter!" Shiah sighs. She turns around her chair to face the both fighting girls and says,

 

"Mihyun. Please give her the letter."

 

"But-"

 

"No buts. It's hers anyway. She's not a baby. She knows what she's doing. She knows she's hurting Hyojung and that's her choice. We can't do anything about it. We told her once, twice and so. We don't have to repeat ourselves. Plus, the two of them have been together for so long, they know how to deal with their problems. They're adults too. They'll find out their way."

 

"I wanna hope that you're right. But she's definitely not an adult. Now that I think about it, Hyojung isn't either." Mihyun says in defeat and gives Seunghee the letter. Seunghee hops on her spot happily as she holds the letter in front of her.

 

"You're not an adult either if that's the case." Shiah teases her and Mihyun pouts. Shiah chuckles and Mihyun kisses her temple.

 

"I love you."

 

"I love you too. Now go study too, ok?" Mihyun groans.

 

"I'll try. But I can't promise you anything."

 

Seunghee smiles to herself as she giggles while reading Hyojung's letter. Honestly it's nothing that big. Just Hyojung wishing Seunghee to be ok, happy and healthy, to take care of herself, to not stress and to focus on her studying. And a few quotes to encourage her. A little drawings and decorating here and there and that was all basically. But still. Seunghee is happy even with something as simple as that. It's so cute seeing Hyojung trying, seeing Hyojung caring, Hyojung wishing such things to her and Hyojung's cute handwriting. Seunghee really enjoys it. She hugs the letter close to her chest and lays down on the bed as she lets out a happy sigh and a grin soon makes its way to her lips.

 

"What is it again, lovesick girl?" Mihyun teases her. Seunghee grins even more.

 

"Agh! I'm so in love with her!" She squeals happily and Mihyun closes her eyes as she holds her ears.

 

"Jeez! You'll deaf us all one day!"

 

"I don't care!" Seunghee says as she sticks out her tongue again to Mihyun who rolls her eyes at her antics.

 

"Ok cool you love her. Now get back with her." Mihyun grumbles at her and returns back to Shiah's bed to start studying.

 

Seunghee glares at her but returns her attention to the letter in her hands pretty soon. She smiles to herself as she looks at Hyojung's cute handwriting and touches the letters.

 

I miss you. I promise we'll be together again soon. Just try a bit more unnie. And wait for me.

 

___






 

"Doesn't she look so pretty?" Jiho's voice can be heard in the hallway as she walks by Yewon's side. Yewon glances at Jiho's phone and hums in response. She doesn't really pay attention to whatever Jiho is telling her. Her mind is only on Yoobin. Has she eaten? She's studying again, right? She must be tired. I should offer her a quick massage on her shoulders cause they're probably aching after sitting in the same position for hours. Have I brought painkillers for her headaches with me? Oh gosh tell me I did!

 

And things like those are in Yewon's mind. She quickly reaches for her backpack and searches inside for painkillers at the last thought.

 

"Are you even paying attention to me?"

 

"No! I mean yeah just… gosh have I brought painkillers with me? Yoobin unnie needs those! If I didn't bring any with me I swear I-" Yewon says in a rush as she keeps on searching in her bag. Jiho groans.

 

"For the hundredth time today Arin, yes you did. We placed everything in the paper bag along with food and your gift to her, remember?" Yewon searches at the paper bag in her hands and sighs in relief.

 

"Yeah right. I'm sorry I just… Yoobin unnie really needs those."

 

"I know." Jiho says and a soft smile forms on her lips.

 

"You really care for her huh?"

 

"Of course I do! I mean… like how you do, right? We're all her friends so it's only normal." Jiho laughs and nods her head at Yewon's miserable way of trying to lie. She doesn't say anything about it, yet. She only returns her attention back to her phone.

 

"So? What should I do with her?"

 

"Gosh unnie! If it's just another hook up then you came to the wrong person!" Yewon groans as she unlocks the door of Yoobin's dorm room and enters it along with Jiho who follows her from behind. She takes off her shoes quickly and looks around at the dorm. Yoobin is sitting at her desk and is studying like always. Yewon smiles slightly at the sight. Yoobin looks so pretty being this focused while studying.

 

"Hi!" She greets Yoobin and the girl hums in response. She walks in further and places the bag on the corner of Yoobin's desk.

 

"How are you?" She asks her immediately. Yoobin smiles faintly.

 

"I'm fine. I really appreciate what you guys do for me but you don't have to come here everyday. Really. You literally saw me this morning."

 

"Oh! Sorry I just… thought it would be nice if we passed by. We brought you dinner too. And Jiho thought that it would be nice if you have a small break and have dinner with us."

 

"That wasn't my idea kid-"

 

"Sh! Unnie!" Yoobin smiles again as she sees them through her peripheral bickering as always.

 

"I'm sorry to ruin your plans, but I can't. I'm studying."

 

"See? I told you." Jiho whistles and plops herself on Yoobin's bed.

 

"Where's your roommate by the way?" She asks Yoobin coolly as she looks around the room.

 

"Out. With the gang."

 

"She's been hanging out with them lately huh?"

 

"Yeah. She told me she wants to give Hyojung and Seunghee some space the other day."

 

"Oh. Ok. I was just… curious ya know." Yoobin smirks as she keeps on writing down in her notebook.

 

"Yeah. Sure. Curiosity we call it now."

 

"I don't get your teasing but I'll ignore its meaning and intentions for now." Yoobin chuckles.

 

"Oh by the way! Look at this!" Jiho says as she stands up and heads towards Yoobin. She gives her her phone and shows her a picture of a girl.

 

"Isn't she so pretty?"

 

"Um… she's fine."

 

"She's not fine, Yoobin. She's pretty."

 

"Fine. She's pretty. So?" Jiho stares at her and Yoobin finally gets it. She's a bit slow lately, maybe because she hasn't been outside for long or because she's studying too much. Jiho often says that studying has burnt Yoobin's brain so maybe that's it after all.

 

"So she's the new fool. Actually no. I can't judge the girl. That's bad of me. She's your new doll. That sounds better." Jiho rolls her eyes.

 

"Yeah Yoobin I got it. I play with everyone's heart. But we already knew that. So what?" Yoobin shakes her head and finally turns her chair properly to face Jiho. She gives Jiho her phone back as she says,

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter