Entry 7

𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐭𝐲 || 𝐎𝐡 𝐌𝐲 𝐆𝐢𝐫𝐥 (𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝟐)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hyejin? Can we talk?” Hyojung called out to the said girl one Thursday morning. They were both busy with their schedules at college that morning so meeting each other around campus was a really often possibility. Hyejin though was trying her best to not meet Hyojung or even if that happened they would just greet each other awkwardly and then avoid each other. This couldn't work for any further though and Hyojung knew it. She couldn't handle being like this with Hyejin. They were both really close to be this drifted apart now. So she needed to to change this.

 

And so, after a talk they had that Thursday morning, Hyojung basically saying that she was sorry as well, that she wanted to leave it behind and be just friends with Hyejin as they were in the start. Hyejin, agreed to be just friends because that's what she also wanted as well, so, after that talk, they returned back to being normal. And since Hyojung is a really outgoing and easy to talk person, she managed to make Hyejin a proper member of their group. It wasn't just the two of them that were close or hanging out anymore, but all of them. Seunghee was still bitter but if Hyojung was happy and calm with how things are now, since she was visibly sad and hurt with how things were before, she is ok with it. She still doesn't like Hyejin that much and I mean it's understandable, only a few weeks have passed since then anyway. But she's trying her best to act normal. After all, everyone considers Hyejin as their friend now so…

 

Mihyun was the first one to approach her, weirdly enough. And Shiah as well. And then, the rest. Which only leads to… Jiho being left behind. For some reason she feels like Hyejin is avoiding her but she's not sure about that completely plus she doesn't have enough evidence about it. All she knows is that Hyejin is hanging out more with Hyojung, Shiah Mihyun and even Yoobin sometimes rather than her. She has started with being the first one to be close to Hyejin and now… now she's the least closer to her. All she does is watch her from afar as the group hangs out at this point…

 

Maybe it's better that way though? She doesn't get involved I mean, like how she has told Yoobin. Maybe…

 

"Sleepover at Yoobin's. Pass the note" Jiho got the note in her hands. For some weird reason the girls have all decided to join an extra class together so they would be able to see each other more often and spend more time with each other. It is an extra class after all and it's not really that important nor that pressuring. It's just something about philosophy anyway. No one pays attention so…

 

Jiho smirks and passes the note to Yoobin from next to her on their shared desk, who's the last one to get the note by the way.

 

"Sleepover at Yoobin's? What? When did I sign up for my own death?" Yoobin exclaims out loud. The teacher looks at her confused and scolds her but she can't really care. All she does is looking at the girls half confused and waiting for explanation and half laughing along with them.

 

"Who even started this stupid game with passing the notes?" She asks them once they're all outside and head elsewhere, mostly to the cafeteria and then to their different classes.

 

"I did." Mihyun says, raising her hand proudly. Yoobin shakes her head.

 

"And who's idea was I and Hyejin's dorm?"

 

"It was actually Hyojung's." Hyejin saya softly, almost apologetically. Yoobin sighs. She can't be mad at neither Hyejin or Hyojung. She might know Hyojung a but better but she knows Hyejin as well. And she can't be mad at any of them. She loves them both for different reasons so she just lets it slide.

 

Yewon smiles at her slightly from her side, liking the way Yoobin is so soft for her unnies.

 

"Fine. But please don't mess up the place. I know tomorrow is Saturday but I'm still working at the library and I'm not in the mood to clean up the dorm on my weekend."

 

"What's the problem with that? As if you're going outside and doing other stuff rather than studying anyway." Mihyun teases her. Jiho laughs and high fives with her.

 

"Having a weekend to rest doesn't mean I have to waste it on alcohol and stupid parties. That's a waste of time, energy and rest. I'm not stupid. I'm just too smart for this world." Yoobin defends herself calmly and for some reason it brings a light laughter to Yewon. Yoobin stares at her slightly confused for a second but also captured by her laugh once again. Yewon isn't laughing because she's mocking Yoobin. Not at all, in fact. She's laughing because it's funny how smart Yoobin is and how she shuts her friends off every time. Go get em unnie!

 

"Wooo hoo! You like that Mihyun unnie? That's how Binnie shuts you up baby! That's how it tastes! Cold and hard! You like it?" Seunghee teases Mihyun as she wraps her arm around Mihyun's neck and messes up her hair. Mihyun's groans and pushes her away.

 

"I feel like these two got way too close lately or is it just me?" Yoobin mutters mostly to Jiho from next to her, on her left, only to get ignored cause the girl was playing games on her phone once again.

 

"They did. That's what living together with someone causes." Yewon answers her though.

 

"I guess you're right." She mumbles as she gets deep in her thoughts. She got close with Hyejin because they're roommates. Does that mean that Yewon and Jiho got close again because they're roommates? What if they get nostalgic of their relationship and get back together? Gosh! Yoobin's thinking about this a lot lately and it's no good. She needs to stop it now!

 

"As much as I love everyone's company here, I need to go to my next class." Jiho announces but isn't facing anyone actually, since she's still looking at her phone. Yoobin observes her. She does that a lot lately. Getting herself busy on her phone. Something is up and Yoobin knows it. She steals a glance at Hyejin, thinking that the girl might be the cause of that. Hyejin looks clueless though. Almost. She just stands there and talks with Shiah about make-up, again. Why are they ignoring each other? She wonders. Cause it’s pretty obvious to her that they are ignoring each other. But they were just fine a few weeks ago…

 

“Yeah same, I have classes.” Seunghee bids goodbye to the girls in a rush and heads towards her next class with Jiho by her side, still hooked on her phone. These two are easier to read than they think they actually are.

 

They’re both avoiding to face their own situations which only makes them stuck in the same place. Yoobin can’t blame them though. She’s been in their shoes before. Heck, she actually is still stuck in a situation herself right now anyway!

 

Hyojung sighs softly as she bites her lips. Hyejin sees it, and even if it hurts her slightly, it hurts her even more that Hyojung is hurt rather than because Hyojung still likes Seunghee and not her. She’s over that part anyway. Yoobin sees that too though. She needs to have a talk with Hyojung at some point. This can’t go on forever. For how much longer will they pretend that things are ok? That Hyojung is happy by herself and Seunghee is just… randomly hanging out with her friends and bonding with them more than she already was before? This is all just a put up show and Yoobin gets slightly tired of seeing this everyday. She actually gets slightly tired of seeing all of her friends, included herself, stuck in the same situation everyday and doing nothing about it.

 

Only Mihyun and Shiah are ok. They’re holding hands now and pecking each other’s lips as they left the group to go on a date since both their classes are over for today. Yoobin wishes her classes were over for today as well…

 

“I have to go to the library. My shift starts in a few.” Yoobin says as well as she bids goodbye to Hyojung and Hyejin, the only girls left now. She walks off but Yewon follows her saying,

 

“Wait unnie! Let’s go together. I wanna study a bit. My next class is in a few hours so… I have a break till then.” Yoobin nods her head. This has been happening quite often lately. Yewon is way too often around the library and sometimes Yoobin wonders, doesn't this girl have a job too? She’s not skipping her shifts there, is she?





 

Yoobin plops herself down at her familiar chair behind the counter and lets her backpack next to her on the floor. She searches inside it and takes out a pair of glasses. She wears them and sighs. It’s time for work, she thinks. She gets immediately into it by typing a few stuff on the computer in front of her when suddenly, she sees fingers on the top of her screen, touching the computer’s screen softly. She raises her eyes slightly only to be met with no other than Yewon of course.

 

“What is it? You won’t study?”

 

“I thought… since Dami unnie isn’t here, maybe I can help you out instead.” She says with a soft smile.

 

“Thank you but I’m ok.”

 

“Please~ I wanna see you working! I wanna see what you’re working on. I wanna know and help you! Is it that bad?” Yoobin sighs. Here comes the cute and clingy Yewon again. She can never say no to this side of Yewon’s or avoid her.

 

“Fine. Come sit next to me.” Yoobin says with a huff and Yewon basically hops on her feet happily before rushing to sit at the empty chair that belongs to Dami, which is next to Yoobin’s.

 

“Open this file.” She says before tapping on a file on her own computer. Yewon follows her moves.

 

"Here are the basic files for each year. And in those files there are the kids and the books they borrowed every year. I know it looks a lot. And honestly it is a lot. But no worries, they're all in order so there isn't much for me to do everyday. Just to write down the new students and the new books." Yoobin explains as she shows the files to Yewon. Yewon nods her head but soon gets bored. Yoobin's job is indeed boring. She doesn't understand many things and they all look too difficult and hard for someone to do. She's amused that Yoobin is actually pretty good at her job even.

 

"Hey? You listening?"

 

"Mmm? Yeah yeah!" Yoobin isn't convinced though. She steals a glance at Yewon's computer only to find her playing games with puppies. She groans.

 

"Seriously?"

 

"What? It's boring! Don't you get bored? After all, there aren't many students that come right now for example, so what do you do in those moments? I'm pretty sure you're playing too!" Yewon tries to defend herself.

 

"I… i study, for college." Yewon stares at her. She shouldn't be shocked but she is. Why is studying the only thing Yoobin does? This needs to change. Yewon is changing for Yoobin because she doesn't want to be the same toxic and empty person anymore. But Yoobin can't be the same empty and depressing girl either, finding studying as her only source of… joy or whatever. Distracting herself with studying and just being so hooked with it. Her only companion was studying, except for Jiho, when Yewon first met her. She has friends now so it's a start. But Yewon wants to help her make her life meaningful and filled with a lot of stuff.

 

"No, this needs to change. You need to start playing."

 

"Why would I do that?"

 

"Cause it's fun?" Yewon states the obvious. Yoobin looks at her genuinely confused.

 

"I enjoy studying too though. Whether it's for college or just reading books in general."

 

"Unnie… reading is fun, I get it. I actually… always found it really interesting that you were so into books. It was your charm and your way of having fun. I always liked it that you were different from the ordinary no matter how hard you tried to pretend that you were just another boring nerd. But… you can't read or study all the time. You get that… you aren't trying to enjoy other stuff as well right? Or explore other ways of joy." Yewon tried to explain it to her softly. Yoobin sighs and nods.

 

"I just… find it a waste of time. But I guess I can give it a go since you're here."

 

"I'm always here though." Yewon blurts out. And that's how they find out that she did. Because they both stare at each other shocked. And that's when Yoobin realizes that they have both turned their chairs so they would be facing each other. They have also leaned closer to each other and their faces were really close. If Yewon leaned a bit closer they would have basically been able to breathe on each other's face.

 

Yoobin immediately pulls away and sits properly at her seat. She turns to look at her computer again and says after clearing ,

 

"Which game do you suggest we play?" Yewon stares at her for a bit longer, wondering what's going on in Yoobin's mind, trying to find some kind of reaction after sharing such a moment a few seconds ago but she sees nothing so she lets it be for now.

 

"This one with the puppies? It's cute!" Yoobin groans softly but plays the game with Yewon nonetheless. If Yewon finds it cute then what can Yoobin do? It's cute seeing Yewon being so happy and excited about cute stuff.

 

"Ok I got bored. That's how you spend your free time? It's even more boring than when I read books!" Yoobin exclaims after a few minutes of playing.

 

"Hey I just found out about this game and thought of playing it because it looked cute! Don't blame me! I can find us another game. I know a few good ones."

 

"No. This time we'll play my pick."

 

"Really? You don't know about games though." Yewon says as she raises her eyebrow. Don't do that…

 

It's way too y for some reason when Yewon raises her eyebrow. It's too y for Yoobin to handle so she quickly looks at her computer and starts searching for a new game.

 

"Jiho has tried to get me into gaming back in our high school years. We were both too dumb back then and weirdly enough Jiho was basically a gamer. It was too hard to get her out of her house. I don't know if she ever told you that or if she only told you the good parts of her story. Anyway, the point is, that there was a period where I actually got a bit addicted to a game." Yoobin says and smiles at the memories.

 

Yewon is surprised to hear all that. Jiho has definitely omitted the part where she was a gamer in her past and Yewon totally wasn't expecting Yoobin to get hooked with a game. But it made sense. Yoobin was a nerd, kinda, well a part of her, so playing games shouldn't be that weird. Yewon was surprised in a good way though. She liked knowing new stuff about Yoobin but in general for her friends too.

 

"Seriously? Call of duty?"

 

"What? It's fun. You'll like it." Yewon isn't sure if she will but she lets it be. But as soon as they start the game, she knows exactly what Yoobin means. She's a bit scared of each scary thing that appears on the screen or how abruptly their enemies pop up on their screen but every time she flinches, she gets a hold from Yoobin's hand so it's ok. She wishes Yoobin would actually hold her hand in general and not just now that she's scared.

 

Except for the scary parts, Yewon gets addicted to the game indeed. She likes shooting people but mostly she likes Yoobin's calm reactions and her happy grin and soft chuckle each time she wins or each time Yewon gets scared of something.

 

Without them realizing it they are already playing for hours. So many hours that only when Hyejin calls Yoobin to tell her that Hyojung will come earlier and if that is ok with Yoobin does the two realize that it's already afternoon.

 

"Damn. We got carried away." Yoobin mutters as soon as she ends the call.

 

"Really? What time is it?"

 

"6 PM."

 

"What!? I have class in like… now!?"

 

"!"

 

"What?" Yewon's eyes widen as she stares at Yoobin in shock. It's her first time hearing Yoobin's cursing. And Yoobin is surprised herself that she said that.

 

"Sorry I just… gosh we need to go."

 

"What? Aren't you still working?"

 

"Yeah I mean no… I… let that be for now. Dami is around here anyway. I saw her earlier. We need to get you to class and grab some lunch before. Are you hungry? Cause I am."

 

"Well… now that you mentioned it… I am." Yewon says and laughs a bit embarrassed. Yoobin gathers their stuff, informs Dami quickly that they will leave and drags Yewon by her hand towards the cafeteria. Yewon feels lost but she likes how Yoobin's soft and warm hand fits perfectly into hers, no matter how cliché that might sound.

 

They don't have time for lunch though so Yoobin buys something quickly for Yewon to eat on her way to the classroom. She apologizes to her a few times already but Yewon keeps saying that it's fine. And it really is. As long as she spends time with Yoobin it's ok.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter