Entry 2

𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐭𝐲 || 𝐎𝐡 𝐌𝐲 𝐆𝐢𝐫𝐥 (𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝟐)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It has only passed a few days since Yoobin has fully unpacked her stuff and settled in her new dorm and got used to walking around the campus and it has only been two days since she started working at the library. She still can't believe that Jiho wants them to meet up. It feels like a dream. She has never expected this to happen. In fact, she has returned back to college with only one thing on her mind; to study. Because she knew there was no way for Jiho or any of the girls to want to be friends with her again, talk to her or anything. 

 

But here she is now. Waiting outside of the dorm's entrance, wearing a short skirt, a crop top and a jacket on top. She runs her hand through her shoulder length dark blue hair as she sighs. It's slightly cold outside since it's September now, but Yoobin refuses to accept that and actually starts dressing with her autumn wardrobe. She likes her summer clothes and wants to keep them for a bit longer if possible. She's stubborn, she knows it. She also knows that she'll catch a cold if she keeps this mindset. 

 

She kicks her legs on the marble tiles of the floor on the dorm's entrance as she looks around the campus. It's only September yet the weather is already changing, matching the season. The trees are already into their own process as countless of leaves have now changed their colour into orange and yellow but most of them are already falling from the brands, the slight wind blowing them away, around campus. The sky is still bright and warm even though it's afternoon, but it's obvious now that it gets into night time sooner. It has a few light grey clouds here and there but they mean no harm, no rain anytime soon. 

 

Yoobin gets lost in her own thoughts. Again. Even though it's slightly colder outside and the weather is changing as well, Yoobin feels comfort, instead of anything else any other bright person would ever feel. This kind of weather always felt comforting to her. Relieving even. Refreshing maybe as well. 

 

She tugs her hands in her jacket's pockets and bits her lips. 

 

"Hey Bins! Wassup?" Jiho says in a cool, bright mood as she pats Yoobin's right shoulder from behind. Yoobin flinches and without her realizing it, Jiho is already standing next to her, her left arm fully hugging Yoobin around her shoulder. 

 

"Hey. Gosh you startled me! Where did you even come from?" Jiho laughs lightly. 

 

"My dorm is over there." She says and points to the huge building behind the one Yoobin's dorm room is. 

 

"Oh. Wait. This is a dorm too?" 

 

"Mhm. I didn't know it either until I moved there last year. Come on, let's go." Jiho says smoothly as she tugs Yoobin and they start walking away. She munches on her bubble gum and Yoobin can't help but smile slightly with a snort and roll her eyes. She checks out Jiho's outfit for a second. And… as she expected it. Jiho is back to her confident self. Black tights jeans, black boots, a pretty and y crop top and black leather jacket. When Yoobin and her had fought, a year ago, Jiho's styling had changed as well as her personality. But now she looks back to herself again. And her pink hair looks so pretty on her. 

 

"Where are we going?" Yoobin asks at some point. 

 

"It's a secret!" Jiho says. Yoobin groans and Jiho laughs. Yoobin knows she won't get an answer from Jiho so she lets it pass by. She wants to have a small talk with Jiho though. She wants to leave the important questions for later, when they'll reach their destination, so for now she sticks with the simple questions and catching up with Jiho, basically. 

 

So, at some point, without Yoobin realizing it, they have reached their destination. Yoobin is pretty sure that Jiho is trying to make some fun with her though and she refuses to believe that this is their destination actually. 

 

"We're here!" Jiho announces as they stand in front of a very familiar cafeteria. 

 

"No we're not. Now take me to the place you had in mind."

 

"That's the place I had in mind." Jiho says seriously and slightly confused as to why Yoobin is acting like this, even though she knows the reason as well. 

 

"You're joking now, we both know that. Now let's get going before-"

 

"I'm not joking." Jiho says but can't help herself and smirks from ear to ear. 

 

"You're smiling."

 

"So?"

 

"It means you're joking. Now let's go-"

 

"I'm just too amused with what I just found out."

 

"What did you find out, genius?" Yoobin asls as she crosses her arms on her chest and squints her eyes as she stares at Jiho. 

 

"You're afraid to get in there." Jiho says with a wide smile on her lips. 

 

"I'm not."

 

"Yes you are. And that's because you still like her." 

 

"Ha! That's not even close. You must be hallucinating things. Are you drunk? It's too early for that. Uh oh. We need to get you back to the dorms and check up your well being-"

 

"My well being is totally fine. Yours on the other hand, isn't. Yoobs, I still read you better than an open book. Why are you so afraid of her?"

 

"Aren't you? That's the real question here." Yoobin finally lets out and sighs heavily. 

 

"No. I'm not. I never was. Why are you afraid though?" Yoobin avoids to answer and instead asks her back,

 

"Why did you bring me here? Just to remind you, your ex works here. Or used to, at least." Jiho smiles. 

 

"She still does."

 

"See? Another reason as to why we shouldn't be here!"

 

"Why?"

 

"Jiho!" Yoobin takes in a deep breath and lowers her head as she says,

 

"We fought because of her. I don't want to see her ever again. She's no good. Except if you guys got back together then I guess I can try…" Jiho laughs hard at the last part.

 

"You're not even close. We're barely friends. I guess you can say that."

 

"You guess? You don't know?"

 

"It's… not exactly clear. We'll need more time to get closer and be proper friends but yeah we are kinda friends now. I mean, we're hanging out with the same group of people, that kinda makes us friends anyway."

 

"Oh. You don't plan…?"

 

"What? To get back with her again? Not a chance. She never loved me as much as she loved you plus I got over her. So no." Jiho answers coolly. Yoobin nods her head. 

 

"Ok so since I'm not in the way anymore you can try it out, you know."

 

"You're not in the way? What are you even saying? You were never in the way! You were with her! I was the outsider, the bad of the story that tried to steal your girlfriend!" Yoobin says, surprised as to how casual Jiho sounds. 

 

"Oh. You think of it like that. Ok. Whatever. So, since she's single, and you're single as a Pringle-"

 

"I'm not- wait how do you know?" Yoobin cuts her off, trying to ignore the silly joke Jiho tried to make. Jiho giggles on her own but answers,

 

"I told you~ I can read you better than an open book. Now, since you're both single…"

 

"No."

 

"Why?"

 

"It's weird! She was with you! Plus… this girl is such a trouble! I don't… I'm done with this weird and troublesome life. I came back to college, determined to focus on my studying and only, and now everyone is trying to change my plans! Firstly I have a weird as roommate that has a bunch of crazy friends and goes through what I've went through and I'm tired of seeing this story replaying again and again it was already tiring the first time experiencing this myself. Secondly, I work with Dami at the library —well that's not a bad thing now that I think about it— but I haven't at all thought that I would work with Dami from all people, but maybe I should have. Thirdly you show up out of nowhere and you act so friendly and it's so weird because I never expected you to! What changed, really? No wait. Don't answer me now. And now, you want me to get back with Yewon, the only gj I've ever loved but the only girl that brought me so much pain and trouble? Are you nuts? This doesn't look like a normal, ordinary life at college- actually, am I a protagonist in a drama, a fanfic or something? Only this will explain my messed up life." 

 

"Wow! Are you done?" 

 

"I think so."

 

"Well, I don't really have an answer for all those. But I have an answer as to why I came back and want to fix things with you. Let's get inside and I'll tell you everything."

 

"No. You're doing this because you want me to get in there. And I'm not going to!"

 

"Gosh Yoobin, don't be such a baby!"

 

"I'm not! I just don't want to get in there!"

 

"She won't bite. I promise."

 

"She does."

 

"Why are you so afraid of her?"

 

"Because she hurt me? Ok?" Jiho bites her lips. She understands what her friend means. But she can't help herself. She's actually shipping those two, but don't tell them that. So she only smirks at Yoobin as she grabs her bag quickly and says,

 

"Fine. I'll get in there and buy whatever I want with your card, ok?" 

 

"What? You can't do that!"

 

"I can. You choose. You come in with me and have a chance to stop me from buying the whole cafeteria, literally, or you stay here and say goodbye to your precious money. I bet your parents are gonna scold you pretty badly for knowing that you spent everything in just a few days already. And it's supposed to be a monthly salary, no?"

 

"Gaaash! Kim Jiho!" Yoobin groans loudly. 




 

“I hate you.” Yoobin hishes as they walk towards the counter. 

 

“I know. I love you too buddy. Oh hey Yewon ah!” Jiho says and rests her hands on the counter. Yoobin hasn’t realized that they are already by the counter so her latest comment was basically heard and not just that. Her whole presence in fact, is now noticeable. Great. She isn’t even prepared to face Yewon just yet and now, without her realizing she actually has to since the girl is basically in front of her. Why is she here really? Why didn’t she ditch Jiho? Why is she doing this to herself? Why is Jiho doing this to herself? Why is Jiho back in her life in general? What’s going on? Gosh! One thing is for sure. Yoobin isn’t ready to face Yewon just yet. No matter how hard she tried to heal her scars… Yewon is her deepest scar that keeps bleeding till today, so no matter how hard she tries, she can’t heal that scar. It still hurts too much and Yoobin isn’t ready to get hurt even more… 

 

“Hey.” Yewon greets them both. Her voice sounds the same airy, faint and dream-like as Yoobin can clearly remember. Yoobin wants to avoid the girl, avoid looking at her, avoid her in general. But she can’t help herself. After all, she’ll have to order from someone. So, she dares to raise her eyes and finally face the girl, with a small nod in response. She doesn’t want to greet her. She feels awkward, I mean. How could she greet her? They weren’t even friends back then! As to what she will greet her? As two people that barely knew each other? Maybe. But Yoobin doesn’t want that. She wants to avoid Yewon at any cost so if that means she has to be rude and cold then so be it. It’s not the first time anyway… 

 

But as soon as she raises her eyes and meets the girl from behind the counter… she freezes. She freezes more than when she first saw Yewon with short hair. Yewon hasn’t changed much. Her hair is much longer, reaching her chest now. They’re still brown. She's still thin. And still… so beautiful. Yoobin isn’t frozen because of the girl’s small changes. After all, she hasn’t changed much. She’s frozen because it’s been a whole damn year since the last time she saw her and now… now she realizes that it will be even harder for her to ignore the girl’s presence. She still likes her, that’s something she realizes immediately, by the fast beating of her heart and her sweating palms. Damn it. She so wishes she was over Yewon. How did Jiho get over her and she, herself, can’t? Maybe she should ask Jiho for some advice. 

 

Yewon on the other hand, is frozen from the very first moment she saw Jiho entering the cafeteria with Yoobin. She wanted to meet the girl all this time, for a whole year. And now, Yoobin is here. And she looks so different yet so similar. Yewon gets a nostalgic feeling as the two friends bicker and reach the counter. It feels like the second time she met Yoobin and the first time she met Jiho, personally. Only this time, she knows them both, a lot. 

 

Yoobin looks so different from that slightly shy and cute girl back there. She’s not shy anymore. Her shoulder length and now blue hair give her a whole new upgraded image. She looks more mature, prettier as well and not cute anymore. The happiness and shyness in her eyes is gone though and she avoids looking at Yewon, something that Yewon notes to herself. 

 

“How is it going?” Jiho asks casually the younger girl from the three of them. 

 

“Fine. We’re kinda busy as you can see.” 

 

“Ok then we won’t take much of your time. Right Binnie?” Jiho calls out her best friend with the nickname Yewon has given to her on purpose. Yoobin freezes more. It’s been a whole year since someone has ever called her that. It feels foreign, she almost doesn’t realize that Jiho is calling her. But it also feels nostalgic and it brings back a lot of memories with the barista girl that is standing in front of them. Yewon, on the other hand, bites her lips, also clearly troubled by that. Is Jiho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter