Entry 12

𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐭𝐲 || 𝐎𝐡 𝐌𝐲 𝐆𝐢𝐫𝐥 (𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝟐)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Why are you taking so long to get ready?” Mihyun groans, confused, as she’s sitting down on Yoobin’s bed. Seunghee is playing with a fidget spinner to kill her time and Jiho is bust texting on her phone, while Yoobin is looking at her closet, lost.

 

“Because she’s going on a date?” Jiho teases, her eyes still locked on her phone.

 

“For the millionth time Jiho, I’m not going on a date.” Yoobin says casually.

 

“Yeah sure.”

 

“What are we doing here again?” Seunghee asks, boredly.

 

“You’re supposed to help me get ready, according to Jiho, because, according to Jiho, I’m too nervous for my date. According to Jiho.” Seunghee hums in response and Jiho giggles.

 

“It’s not according to me. It’s what it is, girl!”

 

“Yeah sure. Look, I don’t know why you guys are here, but since you’re here, can you help me? I’m tired of looking at my closet for the tenth time today.”

 

“Why would you look at your closet so many times? Only someone who’s going out on a date and they’re nervous do that!” Seunghee exclaims as she points at Yoobin. She’s acting as if she’s Sherlock Holmes and she just found another interesting clue, even though Yoobin’s situation is kind of obvious even for a rock to see.

 

“Because she’s a hopeless gay and she’s going out on a date, we already agreed on that Seunghee!” Yoobin sighs. They’re no help, she thinks. She plops herself down on the bed and stares at her messy closet. She swears whenever it comes to seeing Yewon, she becomes such a mess, even her closet gets messy! She’s not like that, so why when it comes to Yewon she becomes a totally different person?

 

She glances at Mihyun. The girl is awfully quiet today. She’s pouting too much as well. She probably has her problems too. Problems in paradise as Jiho teased the girl when Mihyun entered Yoobin’s dorm an hour ago. Maybe it’s that. Whatever it is, Mihyun seems like more help than the other two right now. So she turns to face Mihyun and says,

 

“Can you help me find an outfit? I know I sound desperate but… I really can’t pick on anything right now.” Jiho laughs hard. She finally lets her phone to the nightstand and stands up from her spot on Yoobin’s bed.

 

“Don’t ask for Mihyun’s help. Her taste in fashion is horrible!”

 

“Ya!” Mihyun yells but pouts immediately.

 

“I wouldn’t say that. Mihyun’s taste is actually good.” Seunghee tries to defend her friend.

 

“But among all of us my taste is probably the best.” She says right afterwards and Yoobin can’t help but facepalm herself. Here goes Seunghee and her pride all over again. Her dorky friends…

 

“Since I’m your best friend, I’ll dress you up today.” Jiho says as she walks closer to Yoobin.

 

“No I will!”

 

“Guys just… just combine your ideas and taste in fashion and HELP ME!”

 

“That can’t happen.” Jiho simply says and crosses her arms to her chest.

 

“Yeah. Our tastes are different so a combination of such different styles won’t look good.” Yoobin sighs.

 

“Forget it.” She says, she stands up and picks a comfortable outfit her eyes land on right now.

 

“You’re not gonna wear that right?”

 

“On a possible date with Yewon!? Definitely not!”

 

“We already agreed that it definitely is a date, Seunghee.”

 

“I know. But someone has to go with her flow, ya know. So it won’t seem too abrupt to her.”

 

“Guys. You’re no help.”

 

“Thank you. We already know that.” Seunghee replies casually. Yoobin shakes her head and they all end up giggling slightly.

 

“Ok for real now. Let’s help her out. She’s too desperate to look good on her f r i e n d l y date with Yewon.” Jiho says as she teases Yoobin who growls at her.

 

“Thank you.” She mumbles lightly and lowers her head. She’s tired and a bit nervous and all she wants is to get over with this stress. Yewon is gonna come to pick her up in less than an hour and she still hasn’t decided on an outfit yet!

 

“What’s wrong with you today really?” She asks Mihyun softly as Jiho and Seunghee get themselves busy, arguing in front of Yoobin’s closet while picking outfits. Mihyun shrugs her shoulders.

 

“Shiah said she’s jealous of my fangirls. All of them. I… how am I supposed to stop them from fangirling over me though!? Isn’t this hard? I can avoid talking or interacting with Nayeon and her friends, if she’s Shiah’s main problem, but I can’t avoid every girl on this campus! I can’t stop receiving letters or chocolates or encouraging words or just people getting excited over me whenever I play or whenever they see me around college. There are too many people that like me. I can;t stop them all!” Yoobin sighs. It sounds hard. It is.

 

“You know… maybe you can’t stop them from liking you or giving you attention. And maybe you can’t avoid all of them either. But you can try and show Shiah how much their fangirling helps you, how it motivates you or how nice it feels to have people loving you. A lot of people, on your occasion. Try to make her see from their eyes. You can also try and show her how much you love her, how much she means to you, how much more she is from everyone else. Maybe disappearing the problem can’t be done in your situation, but maybe you should just make her accept the problem and just… overcome it? By seeing how much you love her? You know… there will always be external factors that will affect a relationship. What’s important in this is… for you two to be strong, love each other and be honest to each other and yourselves. Then I think you can overcome everything.” Mihyun looks at Yoobin surprised, happy and relieved at those words. She hasn’t thought of this solution to her problem actually. But her surprised smile fades away quickly as she remembers something.

 

“Yeah but Shiah… it’s going to be hard for her.”

 

“No one said it’s easy.” Mihyun pouts.

 

“Think about it.” Mihyun doesn’t really need to think about it more. No matter how hard it’s going to be, it’s basically the only solution. The only solution that looks more real and healing in a way. It can make Shiah understand Mihyun’s point of view as well, instead of just Mihyun trying to push the problems, which are her fans in this situation, away. Cause like Yoobin said, there will always be problems. Now it’s Mihyun’s fangirls, later it might be a coworker or whoever else.

 

“After a lot of thinking, arguing and disagreeing with each other’s opinions and personal taste in fashion, we came in agreement of this one and only outfit that I’m going to show you right now-”

 

“Gosh Seunghee just drop it already!” Jiho groans as she pushes Seunghee slightly away and shows Yoobin the outfit she was holding in her hands.

 

 

Yoobin isn't surprised by Jiho's style. This outfit indeed has Jiho's style on it, but it looks like something Yoobin could wear too. Time is passing by fast, so whatever outfits it is, Yoobin will take it. She has no time to waste on finding another outfit now. She thanks the girls and starts getting prepared with their help, of course.

 

So, about an hour later, Yewon knocks on her door. Yoobin hisses slightly in panic as she looks at the girls who only grin at her and push her abruptly towards the door. She almost trips on her own feet and opens the door in a rush.

 

She stands in front of the door awkwardly as her eyes land on…

 

Holly .

 

She thinks as she stares at Yewon hard, her jaw dropping slightly. Yewon is standing in front of her, holding her hands shyly as she smiles at Yoobin. She's wearing an extremely pretty outfit and Yoobin can't stop staring.

 

 

Yoobin clears slightly awkwardly as she dina;;y manages to pull herself together.

 

“Hey.”

 

“Hey yourself.” Yewon says but immediately cringes at her own words.

 

“I taught her that!” Jiho’s heard from inside the dorm as she smiles proudly at Seunghee and Mihyun.

 

“You’re turning her into you now? Gosh I won’t handle two Jihos! One is already more than enough!” Seunghee groans and Jiho can only laugh. Truth to be told, Jiho and Yewon are a lot closer than how they had started ever since they decided to stay as friends. To the point that Jiho’s the closest unnie Yewon has. In fact. Jiho also comes and visits her to the cafeteria and keeps her compay a lot often, something Yoobin doesn’t do so… the two eventually get closer. Yoobin is glad, actually, because it’s nice to know that the two aren’t awkward now, or that Yewon doesn’t feel that alone in their group of friends since everyone seems to have their best friends in their group of friends. She used to feel uneasy at first but… not anymore. She knows that Jiho doesn’t like Yewon like that anymore. She can’t tell about Yewon, but she can tell for sure about Jiho. The girl is too into Hyejin, and ever since the two made up the other day, Jiho is all about Hyejin. Even earlier, when she was busy texting, she was texting to Hyejin.

 

“I have guests as you can see. Guys? I’m going out. Uh… you can stay if you want.”

 

“When is Hyejin coming back?” Jiho asks. Of course she would ask her that.

 

“I dunno. Why don’t you text her?” Yoobin says in a teasing tone. Jiho smirks. Yoobin takes her bag and the girls all wink at her knowingly and they give her thumbs up. She groans and ignores them as she heads back to the door.

 

“Let’s go?” Yewon looks at the girls from behind Yoobin slightly weirdly, but shrugs it off. She smiles at Yoobin and nods her head.








 

It's just a Saturday afternoon. A simple and calm Saturday afternoon, where things are quiet and not busy around the city, at least near the campus area. It's probably because it's still early though. It's a casual Saturday afternoon with Yoobin and Yewon walking around the streets. The atmosphere between them is calm and comfortable. They don't have specific plans right now. They're just walking around the streets with no destination really. Yoobin walks next to Yewon, with a soft smile on her lips. Her hands are loosely tacked in her pants’ pockets. The cool breeze gets through her hair and messes them a little, and it makes her hands get colder but she doesn’t mind. She likes the cold. It wakes up her senses. She glances towards Yewon for a second. The girl is already stealing glances towards her as she can’t help herself and fiddle with her fingers.

 

“Are you hungry?” She asks the taller girl but she already knows the answer. Even if Yewon might have had a big meal for lunch, she will still not say no to another meal at any time. Her appetite never falters, not even for a second.

 

“Not really.” Yewon answers softly, her eyes on Yoobin. Yoobin swears this girl just can’t look away from her. always follows her around when everyone else doesn’t and always pays attention to the smallest detail about Yoobin. It’s amusing.

 

“Oh really? That’s bad. And I was just thinking of stopping by a convenience store to get us some snacks. I guess I’ll eat them by myself.” She says as she walks towards a convenience store.

 

“Wait! I…” Yoobin smirks and Yewon can’t help but giggle embarrassed.

 

“Knew you can’t resist snacks.”

 

“Hey! It’s… not about snacks!”

 

“Then?” Yoobin teases her more as she leans closer and tilts her head, her playful smirk still on. Yewon is amused, frozen and shocked but she tries her hardest to remain her composure and say something back. This side of Yoobin always leaves her speechless.

 

“Just… just buy me a pack of jellies, ok?” Yoobin laughs and nods her head.

 

“You won’t join me?” Yewon thinks about it for a few seconds.

 

“I think it’s not a good idea. I’ll just end up wanting to buy everything and…” Yoobin chuckles. She holds Yewon by her hand and drags her inside the convenience store anyway. Yewon’s heart is pounding hard in her chest by the contact. It looks like they’re a lot more comfortable towards each other lately.

 

“Unnie… it truly isn’t the best idea…” Yewon simply tries to protest but Yoobin just smiles at her calmly.

 

“I assure you, we’ll only buy a few snacks.”







 

Yewon sighs as they end up walking out of the convenience store holding two huge bags filled with multiple snacks in them. They were supposed to only buy a few right? Well, here they are, buying almost every kind of snack out there. But she can’t complain. Shopping with Yoobin unnie is fun. She doesn’t scold her like Hyojung or Seunghee does whenever they see her buying useless stuff, she doesn’t spoil her like how Jiho and Mihyun do, and she’s not asking for favors or aegyo like how Shiah does. No. Yoobin is normal. She lets Yewon buy whatever she wants and then quietly removes them when Yewon isn't watching. Funny but it's the best way to deal with Yewon's unending love for snacks. She likes how Yoobin deals with her. But even if she tried to put snacks away, in the end, they left the convenient store with too many snacks.

 

"I think… I might have gone too far this time." Yewon mumbles, feeling slightly guilty for buying too many snacks. Yoobin doesn't look like she's annoyed or pissed or worried or anything actually. She doesn't mind. She knows Yewon loves snacks so she won't say no to the girl.

 

"We don't need to eat all those now you know. You can always keep some for later or another time." Yewon smiles already relieved by how Yoobin faces the whole situation and how she didn't blame her for being so immature and childish.

 

"So what's the plan now? We bought the snacks." Yewon asks, wanting to encourage Yoobin to share her thoughts with her, and even take the lead with some things and decide their plans for today. Yoobin hums as she thinks about it a little.

 

"Wanna go to an arcade?" She asks her and Yewon smiles brightly. She loves Yoobin's ideas and how the girl tries to do stuff Yewon likes or more energetic stuff than how she's used to. She's trying, even if it's not that visible to the rest of their friends at times, and Yewon appreciates it. It's more than enough actually. That's what she keeps telling herself, so that's why she's not really complaining to her friends anymore. She still wants to confess to Yoobin, but on the other hand… maybe what they have now is enough. Things are ok between them, why does she have to risk it all and ruin everything? Again? She suddenly feels insecure. Maybe she should just enjoy the moment and let the worries aside, for later? Something like that…

 

"That sounds like a cool plan." She answers and Yoobin smiles.








 

So, their date, which, according to the both of them isn't a date but a friendly hang out, it just a simple day at the arcade while eating snacks. There's nothing too exciting or interesting about that, but it's just them, so it's fun already. Plus, it's an arcade. How can this not be fun? Yewon already knew that Yoobin can get pretty competitive when it comes to games, but she's still surprised when she sees Yoobin getting too passionate in some games. Yoobin never gave up and tried every single game, just to make it short. They started with bowling, then some mini basketball, then shooting games and they finally ended up at the karaoke room, were they sang their lungs out. Of course they almost ate all the snacks and now they're too hyper cause of the too much amount of sugar in their system.

 

"Gosh I feel so stupid right now." Yoobin groans slightly as she lays down on the couch and stares at the TV screen tiredly. A small happy smile is formed on her lips though, no matter her tiredness. Yewon is still standing upright and searches for the next song to play. She's hopping on her feet, the sugar still keeping her system alive, while in Yoobin's, it looks like the effect is starting to fade away.

 

"Wae? Because we're singing? Is this bad?" Yewon doesn't seem to understand the situation. Yoobin isn't a person to be this hyper or get so out of control so of course she feels stupid now that the effect is over.

 

"On my occasion… it is. I don't sing Yewon ah." She says slowly as she tries to raise her body on the couch a bit since it feels like she's slipping away and falling on the floor.

 

"That has to be a lie. So far your voice is amazing! Really. It's deep and… and so unique. And smooth, and soft and just… so right." Yewon is glad that she's not fac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter