Shopping with Oppa

The Day the Angels Cried

 

Jooyeon had to go to the hospital for her check-up, and then she had to rest for three days. When she was finally allowed to go out again, Jinyoung went to ask for permission to bring Jooyeon out on his from Sooyeon.

 

“Shopping? Why don’t you want to take me with you?” pouted Sooyeon.

 

“Please, Sooyeon-ah? I’ll take you out shopping soon, but for now, just let you sister be with me, ok?” pleaded Jinyoung.

 

Sooyeon thought for a minute. “Aish, fine.”

 

“Jinyoung-ah? You there?” called Jooyeon. She peeked from her bedroom door.

 

“Who else? Jooyeon-ah, get dressed. We’re going out,” said Jinyoung with a mysterious wink.

 

“Where to?” asked Jooyeon.

 

“Aish, just trust me, ok?” said Jinyoung jokingly. “Now go on.”

 

They rode out when Jooeyon was ready and arrived at COEX mall.

 

“Shopping?” asked Jooyeon hopefully.

 

“It’s all on me,” said Jinyoung reassuringly.

 

Jooyeon suddenly doubted him. “All of it?”

 

“It’s ok, I heard you don’t shop much anyway,” said Jinyoung with a knowing smile.

 

“Since you came to know Sooeyon you suddenly knew everything about me.”

 

“Is that bad?”

 

“I guess not.”

 

They went into different stores and bought stuff. Jooyeon was a picky shopper; she only bought the clothes she knows would look good on her and she can use more than once. When Jinyoung stopped in front of a dress shop, Jooyeon froze.

 

“Why? What’s wrong?” asked Jinyoung.

 

“I-I’ve never worn a dress before,” said Jooyeon quietly.

 

“Aw, it’s ok. I bet it would look good on you, and there are dresses that you can use on a daily basis,” said Jinyoung encouragingly as he steered Jooyeon into the shop.

 

The clerks gladly assisted them in choosing the right dresses. There was one printed with baby pink flowers and the material was soft cotton. Another was a Sunday dress: yellow all over with a brown belt holding the waist. There is a black silk dress that would fit night parties. All of these fitted Jooyeon perfectly, though she declined the black one.

 

“I won’t be able to wear it,” was all she said, but Jinyoung understood.

 

After all the clothing stores, Jooyeon spotted something she’s always wanted to buy from.

 

“The music store?” said Jinyoung, amused.

 

“Yeah, we only have a few CDs at home, but I’m a fan of After School and Block B,” said Jooyeon. Then she looked at Jinyoung with shining, pleading puppy eyes.

 

“May I get something from there? Please? Please? Please?” she pleaded.

 

Jinyoung chuckled. “Sure, anything for you.”

 

Jooyeon picked two albums of After School and Block B’s first album, while Jinyoung picked something up too. After that, they went to Hongdae and went into a nice-looking café.

 

The night was growing darker by the minute, and the wind started blowing its cool night breeze. As it did, Jinyoung was prepping himself on what he was about to say. He knows the consequences, but he’s going to do it anyway.

 

“Jooyeon-ah?” he called her attention.

 

“Yes?” said Jooyeon as she turned her head and smiled at him.

 

“Jooyeon-ah, I-“