Chapter 4

Hello My Daughter

 

What’s taking him so long?

Tiffany tapped her fingers on the table, waiting for her long time, first love to arrive.

Not just because she’s hungry, but because she wants to show him how special he is for her.

I hope that with this simple gift, he’ll realize my feelings for him.

He should realize it by himself, not by me telling him I love him.

Tiffany’s been waiting for almost 20 minutes now.

She was about to pull her phone out from her bag to call Taeyeon, when she noticed someone’s standing behind her.

She felt something cold landed on her chest.

When she looked down to see what it is, she traced the necklace’s chain and felt a hand locking it at the back of her neck.

The soft hands that use to pull her when she would fell, the hands that would wipe her tears when someone took her pink teddy bear, the hands that would pull her away from Jessica when HellSica strikes, the hands that she always wanted to comfort and forever hold.

She knew it was Taeyeon.

“What’s this for Tae-tae?” she asked ask Taeyeon took a seat opposite her.

“Before I answer your question, can we order first? I’m starving!” Taeyeon rubbed his stomach playfully.

“Ok Ok. What do you want?”

“I’ll order. What do YOU want?” Taeyeon back-fired the question.

“Anything will do.” Tiffany smiled.

“Ok. Be right back.” He patted Tiffany’s head before going to the counter.

When Taeyeon was already on the line, Tiffany traced the pendant of the necklace.

It was a small cross that has stones that would make it even more beautiful.

She took a quick look at it and smiled to herself.

Tiffany opened her bag at how coincidental it could be.

A few minutes later, Taeyeon was back with their order.

”Thanks Tae-tae.” Taeyeon handed Tiffany the food.

“So, you haven’t answered my question yet.”

 “Oh! Well, since you’re doing to graduate soon and I can’t come, that’s my graduation gift for you.” He answered as he munched his french-fries.

“I even bought it from your favorite jewelry shop.” He smiled.

“Wait, Tiffany and Co.?” Tiffany raised her eyebrow.

“Yep!” the later proudly answered.

“How’d you know?” Tiffany asked.

“I asked Jessica.” he simply answered.

“Oh! Well, I also have something for you Tae-tae.” Tiffany took a medium-sized black box from her bag.

“Here.” She handed the box to Taeyeon.

“What’s this?”

“Open it!” Tiffany excitedly clapped her hands.

Taeyeon did so.

It was a necklace.

Coincidence?

It was also a necklace, with a cross as a pendant.

“Fany, what’s this for?” he took the necklace from the box.

Tiffany immediately took it from his hand and walked behind Taeyeon to put it in herself.

“Well, we were friends since we were little, right? You were the one that introduced Yuri to by best friend; you were the one who always saved me from my clumsiness, which always ends up you being the damaged one, let’s just say it’s a thank you gift after all the things you did for me ever since we were little and a graduation gift too since I wasn’t there at your graduation last year.” Tiffany explained and went back to her seat after securely locking the necklace to Taeyeon’s neck.

“I owe you Tae-tae. And for the 3 years of no communication, I feel, well I don’t know, sad?”

Taeyeon laughed at Tiffany’s last word.

“Me too Fany. I missed you, you know?” he offered a piece of French-fries to Tiffany.

Tiffany was about to pick it up from Taeyeon’s hand but Taeyeon shoved it to , like he was feeding her.

“Thanks.” Tiffany shyly said.

While they were talking about how they spent their lives for the three years of no communication, Tiffany’s phone beeped.

From: Daddy~

Hi honey!

Are you still with Taeyeon?

His dad just called and wanted to see me for a proposal.

Tell him that I’ll go with him to Korea, ok?

Have fun you two.

Tiffany showed the screen to Taeyeon so he could read it.

“Ok. That’s good.” He smiled from ear to ear.

“What’s so good about you going back to Korea with my dad?” Tiffany asked as she took a bite of her burger.

“Ummm. Nothing.” He faked a smile.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Three days after.

Taeyeon’s POV

I was at the airport, waiting for Tiffany to arrive.

Yuri’s been cuddling with his Jessica since we’re about to leave in 30 minutes or so.

I’ve been waiting for Mr. Hwang to arrive not just because I was afraid he’d be late for our flight, but because I knew Tiffany would be coming with him at the airport.

“Come down Taeyeon. She’s coming.” Jessica patted my shoulder.

I just gave her a sly smile which she responded with a brighter one.

There she is.

Walking with her father, hand in hand, with her beautiful bouquet of flowers oh I mean with her bag.

“Good morning Tae-tae!” she greeted me with her bright smile.

“Good morning Fany, good morning Mr. Hwang!” i bowed low.

“We should be going now, don’t wanna be late for our flight.” Mr. Hwang gave his beautiful daughter a kiss on her forehead.

“Be a good girl, ok? I’ll be back 2 days before your graduation. I promise!”

“Sure daddy. Take care! You too Kwon Yuri and Mrs. Kwon, have a safe trip.” She smiled to them.

I saw Jessica giving her Kwon Seobang a very tight hug.

How about me?

No one’s go-

“Pff!” I stumbled at my own feet.

“I’ll see you soon Tae-tae!” Tiffany hugged me from the back.

She then walked in front of me, “I’ll try to visit Korea soon with Jessi. Or you can come again, ok?” she sweetly smiled.

“Yeah sure!” was all I could say.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

When will be the next time I’ll be seeing her?

A frowned a little as I took my seat at the plane.

“Hey!” I moved my eyes towards the man who sat beside me.

It was Mr. Hwang.

“It’s going to be a long ride Taeyeon.” He said with a smiling face on.

“Yes sir.” I answered.

“Can I talk to you about something?” he asked with a creased forehead.

I took a big gulp before I nodded.

About what?

Is there something wrong?

Did I do something wrong?

I asked myself.

“It’s about my daughter, Tiffany.” He started as he glued his eyes towards mine.

I was nervous when he mentioned the name.

I want to look away, but what for?

“Taeyeon please answer me truthfully. Don’t be scared. I won’t bite.” He lightly laughed.

“Sure sir.” I tried to answer firmly.

“Do you like her?” he asked directly.

“S-sir?”

“Do you have feelings for her?” he asked.

Hiss expression was calm, so comfortable, but why am I scared?

Should I tell him the truth?

I looked down, fighting against my head.

Yes or No?

I noticed the necklace, the cross pendant was like a light bulb shinning, but I think it was only for my eyes.

“Yes!” I looked back at him with confidence.

He smiled.

He smiled at me!!!

“You know Taeyeon, my daughter promised that she won’t commit herself to a relationship.” He moved his eyes towards the other side of the plane where Yuri is sitting with his laptop on, Jessica as the screen wallpaper.

“But now that’s she’s about to graduate, I’ll allow her.” He moved his sight towards me.

“What do you mean sir?” I asked innocently.

“oh come on Taeyeon. You know what I mean.” He grinned.

Ok, so I know where this is going.

But I don’t want to assume or anything.

I smiled to him shyly.

“Teayeon..” he placed a hand on my shoulder and I looked back at him.

“…..I’ll let you court my daughter.”

His words hit me.

Did he just say I can court Tiffany?

“Taeyeon, I know you’re a good man and I see my daughter different when she’s with you or even after she sees you. Yesterday, she asked me to call at the office so that she can only see you; even she didn’t tell it to me herself, I can read it from her eyes.”

Did Tiffany really do that?

“You’ve been her friend since you were little, she trusts you so I trust you too. You come from a good family and I know they’ll be ok with it too. So Taeyeon, please take good care of my baby.” He smiled sincerely.

“Mr. Hwang, how did you know-“

“I can see it Taeyeon, you’re on your way but I’m already coming back. I’ve been in your place; I think you two are just perfect for each other.” He looked back at Yuri.

“Look at him, he’s so happy just by looking at Jessica’s pictures, what else if they’re really sitting beside each other?” he smiled at him and look at me again.

“I know Tiffany will not say yes directly, but if you can wait, then good. But Taeyeon, I don’t want to have another grandchild yet, ok?” he chuckled.

“Promise me you’ll do nothing until she graduates college.” He held out his pinky.

It really reminded me of Tiffany.

I smiled to him and locked my pinky with his.

“I promise sir.”

 

 

 

5 years later.

Jessica was running on her way to Tiffany’s office.

“TIFF!” she rapidly hugged her best friend.

“What is it? I’m busy Jessi.” Tiffany put on her annoyed face.

“YAH!! You’ve been busy.” Jessica pouted.

“Not just me, you too.” Tiffany replied.

“Well…. look!” Jessica held out her left hand.

“What? What’s wrong with your hand?” Tiffany looked at the hand for a few seconds and moved her eyes back to the laptop.

“Look!” Jessica pulled her shoulder.

“Oh my God Jessi!” Tiffany’s hands were on .

Jessica’s smile was from ear to ear.

“I love your nails!!!”

“NAILS?!” Jessica smacked Tiffany by the arm.

“WHAT?!”

“I’m not talking about the nails, I’m talking about this!” she pointed out to the ring.

“Oh my! Yuri proposed?!” Tiffany’s eyes lit up.

Jessica nodded clearly which earned her a hug from her best friend.

“Oh my gosh Jessi. Congratulations! Since when?” Tiffany tightened her hug.

“The other day.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

Since then, things were a little shaky for the two.

 

“Hey Jessi can we go out?”

“Sorry Tiff. I’m having dinner with Yuri’s family.”

 

“Tiff help me with the entourage.”

“I still got work to do Jessi. Sorry, over time.”

 

“Tae, ask Yuri and Jessica to come to the party with us.”

“Yuri said they’re busy with the shop.”

 

“Jessi, wanna go jogging with me tomorrow morning?”

“Tiff, I’m pregnant, remember?”

End of Flashback

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

sorry for the late update.

Problems, left to right.

School, family, friends, work, LOVE LIFE???

Hahahaha...just kiddin' with the last one.

Guys, answer me.

DO YOU WANT SOME ?

hehehe >:)

I'll see you again soon. busy with performances.

4 hours of sleep.

BYEOM!

lovelovelove,

Chiseohamnida♥