Chapter 3

Hello My Daughter

 

Flash Back

Tiffany was fixing her hair while waiting for Jessica to finish her class.

“Sorry for making you wait Tiff. That freakin’ Jefferson can’t stop talking about English literature.” Jessica mumbled as she pulled her best friend off the building.

“It’s ok. I just arrived.” Tiffany patted Jessica’s back.

“So where are you going?” Tiffany picked her phone up.

“WE are going.” Jessica grinned.

“What do you mean by WE? I have to meet up with daddy at his office. He said we’ll have dinner with the Chois.” She dialed a number.

“Oh come on Tiff. It’s Friday, let’s go out. Plus, I’m meeting up with Yuri.” They sat on the bench outside the campus and took Tiffany’s phone.

“Yuri? You mean that tanned Korean boy?” Tiffany raised her eyebrows.

“HEY!” her best friend slapped her arm.

“He’s not tanned, ok? It’s just his skin. And what do you call yourself? American? You’re still Korean.”

“Yeah but what is he doing here in California? He lives in Seoul, right?”

Jessica pulled her face powder and started to check every angle of her face.

“He’s mother has a business meeting here. You’re supposed to be thankful Hwang Mi-young.” She gave Tiffany an evil glare.

“Why? You didn’t do anything JUNG SOOYEON!” Tiffany replied

“Well, Yuri’s coming here with a friend.” Jessica smiled evilly.

“Then?” Tiffany raised her eyebrows.

“Then since we’re graduating it’s time for you to have a personal companion.” Jessica patted Tiffany’s shoulder and entered the car that just arrived.

“I already have a companion. What do you call yourself Jessi? A mother?” Tiffany followed Jessica.

“Good afternoon ahjussi! You can drop us by the town hall?” Jessica ordered politely.

“Hey! Where’s your car?” Tiffany just noticed that Jessica just enter her car.

“Mom took it away. Well, actually borrowed is the word. She borrowed it for Krystal. She has a trip with her friends in San Francisco.” Jessica explained.

“Ok. Drop her!” Tiffany said to the driver.

“WAE?????”

“I’m not going with you Jessi. I don’t want to disappoint daddy. Not again.” The younger girl crossed her arms and shifted to the door of the car.

“Oh come on Tiff.” Jessica quickly pulled her phone.

“Hello? Good afternoon Uncle!” Tiffany’s eyes widened when she heard who Jessica was addressing to.

Jessica turned her phone into loud speaker mode so Tiffany could also hear the conversation.

“Hi Jessica! What can I do for you? Is Tiffany with you?” Tiffany moved nearer to the phone.

“Yes uncle-” Jessica was cut off before she could say another word.

“Please tell her to come to my office. We have a dinner with the Choi family.”

“Well...about that uncle...” Jessica firmly started.

“Is it ok if Tiffany miss this dinner? I was about to invite her out with some friends from Korea.”

“FRIENDS? I DON’T EVEN KNOW YURI THAT MUCH!” Tiffany mouthed with her hands wondering around the air.

Jessica just pressed her index finger agents her lips, asking Tiffany to shut up.

“Well, as long as she won’t be home too late. I guess it’ll be ok.” Jessica gave a fist pump in the air.

“YES! Thank you uncle Hwang.” Jessica happily answered.

“Ok ok. Tell her to be careful. Her clumsiness might attack.” Mr. Hwang laughed.

Tiffany just frowned and crossed her arms against her chest again.

“Sure uncle Hwang. Don’t worry I’ll take care of her. Thanks!” Jessica ended the call.

“See? I’m good.” She kissed Tiffany’s cheek.

“Eww!” Tiffany used her palm to wipe the spot.

“Well, when I said I’ll take care of you, I really meant that. Your clumsiness only attacks when there are boys around.” Jessica smiled and leaned closer to Tiffany, “Specially when you like him.” She whispered.

“YAH! That’s not true.” Tiffany denied and pushed Jessica away.

“Oh yes it is. You only liked one person before. You acted like a 3 year old kid every time we were with Taeyeon.” Jessica teased.

“YAH! Stop that!” Tiffany turned her back against Jessica and faced the window.

“Oh come on Hwang Mi-young. When you bid goodbye to him years ago, you clumsily hit my face when you waved. And remember that one time when we were fifteen and visited them in Seoul, you kept on stepping on his foot every time you walked side-by-side. You even left an ink stain on his shirt when he asked you to draw your dream house. AND YOU WERE 15 TIFFANY!” Jessica highlighted the last sentence.

“And now I’m 18. Things change, people change.” Tiffany stepped out the car; they have now arrived at a French restaurant.”

“Thank you ahjussi!” Tiffany closed the door behind her with Jessica still inside it.

“Thanks!” Jessica quickly said and ran off the car and followed behind Tiffany.

“Oh really? We’ll see.” She grinned and walked pass Tiffany.

Tiffany stopped on her spot with mouth wide open.

“YAH! He’s here?!” Jessica ignored her.

“YAH!SOOYEON!” Tiffany ran after her evil best friend.

When she was about to grab the door, she was stopped by a familiar voice from her back.

“Your voice is still loud.” The voice laughed.

Tiffany froze to her pose; she felt the hand land on her shoulder which made her shiver.

“Hey Fany!” The voice she’s been missing for years was just talked to her.

How could I possibly forget his voice? First love never dies?

She chuckled to her thought.

Knowing it’s him, Tiffany turned her half body clockwise, forgetting that she had a ponytail style for her hair.

“AWW!” Taeyeon covered his eyes.

“Oh my gosh Tae-tae I’m sorry. I’m so so sorry.” Tiffany placed her hand on top of Taeyeon’s.

“Uhmm.Fany it’s ok. Can you take your hand off? It’s pressing my eye more.” Taeyeon smiled under his hands.

“oh!” Tiffany quickly took her hand off.

“I’m sorry.” She said in a low tone.

Taeyeon then took his hand away from his face with one eye closed.

“Is it ok now?” Tiffany worriedly asked while biting her nail.

Taeyeon took Tiffany’s hand off and dragged her inside the restaurant.

“It is now.” Was all Taeyeon could say.

 

 

 

“So Tiffany, I told you your dinner will be so much better if you have it with us instead of the Chois.” Jessica took some fries.

“You weren’t supposed to be here?” Taeyeon looked straight into Tiffany’s eyes, who was sitting opposite him.

Tiffany just nodded as she shoved some spaghetti onto .

Yuri then kicked Jessica’s foot under the table.

Jessica eyed Yuri, but Tiffany and Taeyeon didn’t notice them.

“Uhmm.” Yuri cleared his throat.

Tiffany and Taeyeon then moved their eyes towards Yuri who was about to speak.

“I and Jessica would like to say something.” Yuri started.

“I know.” Tiffany smiled and took her fork.

“You know what?” Taeyeon asked her confusingly.

Jessica then spoke up, “Yuri and I are, kinda fixing things.”

“What do you mean by FIX?” Taeyeon looked at Yuri.

“Remember the last time I was here? I actually asked Jessica out a couple of times.” Yuri smile and glanced at Jessica.

“We’re in a relationship now.” Jessica said softly as Yuri took her hand.

“Wow! I was expecting that.” Taeyeon smiled.

“I knew that.” Tiffany added.

While everyone was having dessert, Tiffany received a text message.

From: Daddy~

Dear are you still having dinner?

Where are you?

Tiffany then sent her reply.

To: Daddy~

Yes daddy. I’m here at Setá.

“Who is it?” Jessica asked.

“Daddy, just asking here we’re at.” Tiffany smiled.

Jessica slowly nodded.

“In a few months we’ll graduate. Yuri’s coming for our graduation. Are you coming back with him Taeyeon?” she asked.

“That-“

“That we’re not sure of.” Yuri blocked Taeyeon.

“Why?” Tiffany asked

“Well, he’s having special training with his father if he doesn’t have classes in college. I had to force him actually so he can come with me.” Yuri answered.

“You’re graduating too, right?” Taeyeon pointed out to Tiffany.

“Yep!”

“What are you planning to take in college? Are you going back to Korea?” He added

“Well business maybe. But I don’t think I’ll be studying in Korea. Everyone in my family is here unlike Jessica.” She answered.

“But Tiff, you promised we’ll still go to the same college.” Jessica pouted.

“Yeah but I’ll try to-“

“TIFFANY!” everyone turned their heads towards the door before Tiffany could finish her sentence.

“Siwon? What are you doing here?” Tiffany stood up.

Siwon walked towards their table and gave Tiffany a peck on the cheek.

“Since you weren’t able to join us at dinner, I offered to pick you up.” He smiled.

“Oh. I see.” Tiffany sadly replied and bowed her head low.

“Oh hi Jessica!” He waved at the girl on the table.

Jessica cleared to bring back Tiffany to life.

“Siwon, this are my friends back in Korea, Yuri and Taeyeon.” She gestured her hand.

“Hi! Nice to meet you. So you are the friends, huh?” He gave the men an evil smirk.

“So, should we go now?” he took Tiffany’s hand.

Tiffany then quickly pulls herself away and went to Taeyeon’s side.

“Taeyeon’sgonna bring me home, right Tae-tae?” Tiffany placed her hands on each side of Taeyeon’s shoulder.

Taeyeon shivered as he felt the pressure down on him.

“Yep!” he then proudly said.

“But I promised your dad that I’ll bring you home safely.” Siwon insisted.

“What do you think of Taeyeon? A wimpy kid?” Tiffany raised her voice.

“Calm down!” Jessica mouthed.

“Don’t worry Siwon, I’ll tell daddy. Thanks for the offer.” She faked a smile.

“But I came here for you!” Jessica together with her Yuri, Tiffany and Taeyeon, rolled their eyes.

“Seriously Siwon, its ok. Thank you.” Tiffany went back to her seat.

It was silent for a while but Siwon was still standing beside them.

“Then I’ll wait for you!” he smiled.

“Ok then.” Taeyeon answered.

The three were surprised by what Taeyeon just said.

“WHAT?!” Tiffany raised her voice again.

“Great! Waiter!”Siwon called out as he snapped his fingers.

“Grab a seat.” Taeyeon happily said.

While Siwon was looking for another free chair, Taeyeon leaned to Tiffany.

“This is better than you leaving already.” He winked.

 

 

 

 

 

After eating, Tiffany was invited by Siwon to get home.

“Siwon, you can go home by yourself if you want to. I already told you, Taeyeon can take me home.” She flashed him a glare.

“No! I’ll wait.” He said.

“Aigoo.” Jessica gave him a cold look.

They walked out at the streets of Diamond Bar, Siwon being the black sheep.

Hates this, ewwww that.

ANNOYING, they know.

As a couple, Jessica and Yuri held into each other’s hands while Tiffany and Taeyeon was busy chatting.

“Sorry I spilled some chocolate syrup Tae-tae.” Tiffany pouted.

“I’m used to it.” He smiled.

“SEE? It means I always do so. Sorry.” Tiffany wrinkled her forehead.

“I’ll send you Tiffany’s number, and then you give it to Taeyeon.” Jessica whispered to Yuri and grabbed onto his arm.

“Ok.” He grinned.

“I’m sure Taeyeon will ask for it later.” He added.

“You should go with Siwon, I’m sure that in a couple of minutes, he’ll blow up.” He silently laughed.

“Is that ok?” Tiffany bowed her head.

“Yup. I’ll see you when I see you Fany-ah.” He said.

And with that, Tiffany had to give in.

She doesn’t want her father to be mad at her and Jessica, especially when Jessica said she’d let Tiffany get home early.

“Guys I need to go.” Tiffany announced.

“Why so soon?” Jessica faced her best friend.

“It’s passed 8 already. You promised dad that I’ll be home early.” Tiffany replied.

“You’ll take her home, right?” Yuri asked Taeyeon, but before Taeyeon could answer Tiffany spoke.

“No. it’s ok Tae-tae. You just arrive in Cali. You should rest, you might still be jet lagged.”

“Not to be rude, I’m just worried about that Siwon.” Yuri whispered to Jessica.

Taeyeon really wanted to take Tiffany home but with Siwon tagging along, he’s not sure.

“Are you sure Fany?” he asked.

“Yeah. Don’t worry.” Tiffany reassured him.

And with that, Tiffany headed home with Siwon.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Later that night, Tiffany was lying on her bed.

Facing the ceiling, leaning to the left, to the right, even to the pillow.

“God what’s with me?!” she popped up.

Tiffany heard her phone.

Text message:

From: unknown number

Hey Fany! It’s Taeyeon. You ok?

Sorry if I wasn’t able to send you home.

I’ll make it up to you before we go back to Korea.

PROMISE!

Sleep well!

 

Tiffany giggled on her spot.

Where did he get my number?

He’s still awake? It’s past midnight.

Awake or not, Tiffany typed in her reply.

 

To: unknown number

Hi Tae-tae! I’m fine; I was able to handle Siwon.

Kekeke! :D

When are you leaving? Hope not too soon.

Good Mornight! :))

Tiffany lay back down on her bed.

She held onto her phone tightly, hoping that Taeyeon would reply.

10 minutes later:

 

From: Tae-tae ^_^

You’re still awake? :D

Sorry for the late reply Fany.

Well, we’ll be leaving on Tuesday. L

If it’s ok with you, tomorrow then?

 

Tiffany smiled as she read the message; she read it twice before typing her reply.

 

To: Tae-tae

Can’t sleep. :(

Tomorrow would be good since its Saturday.

Where do you wanna go? :)

Jessica texted me that she’ll be going out with Yuri so they can introduce each other to their parents.

 

From: Tae-tae

Yep! That’s why he’ll leave me here at the hotel alone tomorrow.

Kekekeke.

Shopping? That’s your thing right? I’m cool with it.

What about you Fany?

 

To: Tae-tae

COOL! :D

Where are you staying at Tae-tae?

 

From: Tae-tae

Castle Peak Hotel :)

Where do you want to meet?

 

To: Tae-tae

Do you know that Castle Peak is still under our company? :3

I’ll just meet you at the lobby at 10 am. Is that ok?

 

From: Tae-tae

Deal!

Fany, we should sleep now.

It’s 1am already.

Sleep well, ok?

:*

Can’t wait for tomorrow. :)

 

To: Tae-tae

Me too! ^^

Sweet dreams Tae-tae.

:*

 

The next day, Tiffany woke up excitedly.

“Crap!” She realized what time it is.

“Still 6am? I’m so early today.” She said to herself.

She took her phone by the lamp table.

1 unread message:

 

From: Tae-tae

I have something for you tomorrow. :)

Good night my angel!

Tiffany giggled to herself once she read the message.

 

It was quarter to 10 when Tiffany went to her daddy’s office.

“Dad, I’ll be going out with Taeyeon today.” She said as she entered the office and gave her father a lovingly kiss on the cheek.

“Taeyeon? You mean Kim Taeyeon from Korea?” her dad was signing some papers.

“Yep! He’s here with Yuri, remember? The tanned boy?” She sat on the couch on the side of the office.

“Honey, he’s not tanned. It’s just his skin, but he still looks good though.” Her dad scoffed.

  “Ok dad. SO, since Taeyeon is already 19, he can drive already. I’ll just ask the driver to bring me to Castle Peak since that’s where I’ll be meeting Taeyeon, and then he can ride a cab back to the house so Taeyeon and I could use the car. Is that ok daddy?” Tiffany showed her puppy eyes.

“Well, ok. How much do you need?” he knows her daughter too much, plus Tiffany’s the youngest.

“No need. I have some here.” Tiffany smiled and kissed him on the cheek again.

“WOW! You’re really excited aren’t you?” he smiled as he watched his daughter out to the door.

“Just happy dad. Don’t wanna let Taeyeon wait. Bye!” she peeked through the door.

 

 

 

Tiffany had arrived at Castle Peak, and her driver went home already.

“Fany!” Taeyeon called from the elevator.

“Did I let you wait?” he smiled cutely.

“Nope. Just arrived actually. So? Where do you wanna go shopping?” Tiffany took his hand and placed the car key on Taeyeon’s palm.

“What’s this?” he stared at the keys.

“You drive, it’ll much fun.” Tiffany showed her eye smile and pulled Taeyeon out of the hotel.

Taeyeon did the driving while Tiffany did the talking.

Hitting her head on the car frame, hitting herself with the metal on the seat belt, dropping her phone.

Yes!  The clumsy Tiffany attacked.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Hey Tae-tae, this looks good.” Tiffany took a shirt from the wrack.

“I like it Tae-tae.” Tiffany placed it on top of Taeyeon’s shirt to check.

“Let me try it on.” Taeyeon suggested and took the shirt from Tiffany.

Tiffany waited outside the fitting room, looking around to find something good.

“SO? What do you think Fany?” Taeyeon stepped out the door with a pink shirt on.

“One word” Tiffany held out a finger. “Perfect!” she said.

“You think so? I’ll just get this paid ok? Where are you going to wait Fany?” Taeyeon asked as he went back to the fitting room.

“Uhm. I’m hungry Tae-tae. I’ll meet you up and McDonald’s, ok?” she knocked on the door.

“Ok Fany. I’ll meet you up there.” Taeyeon answered.

Tiffany then walked out of the department store but went to a different direction.

Tiffany walked in into her favorite jewelry shop.

“Good noon Ma’am! What can we get you?” the sales lady politely welcomed.

“I need something special. Expensive or not, give me something meaningful.” She looked through the jewelry.

“THIS!” she pointed out to the necklace behind the clear glass.

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

Virus Virus Virus.

Sorry if my update got delayed.

My usb just got attacked by virus. :((

So much work to do since it’s almost exams, with my USB being dumped, projects got delayed including fanfics :'(

I’m so so so sorry guys.

I hope you’re not bored.

Anything you wanna say???? :)

BTW; thank you for the wishes of luck.

2 days to got, ‘till 1st day of exams.

lovelovelove,

Chiseohamnida ♥