sixteen

Concealed Truths
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
sixteen


[3rd Person POV]
"Oh!" Kyungah gasped as she turned the corner and found Changkyun leaning against a wall by the front entrance. Her eyes widened, eyebrows raised and mouth dropped open at the sight of Changkyun with fresh dark hair, more his natural colour, covering the light brown colour which had all disappeared. He looked up to his side with a smile as Kyungah's heart melted. If Changkyun wasn't handsome enough, he had just become even more handsome. Kyungah smiled as she gestured to his hair and he smirked, "It changed!" She whisper-shouted to him. 
"My parents said I should dye it so it looks better when I go to business meetings" Changkyun whisper-shouted back to her as he stepped a few steps to the side closer to her so they could hear each other but not get caught.
"It looks nice!" Kyungah called out in a soft voice happily as the two grinned to each other before Changkyun quickly brought his finger to his lips as the sound of heels on the marble flooring made Kyungah jump and step backwards into the room behind her. 
"Ready?" His mother asked him as Changkyun nodded to her with a smile. His mother left the house first with Changkyun following her behind as he glanced back, flashed Kyungah a smile and made a quick heart with his fingers which made her chuckle quietly.

 

~

 

Changkyun stood with his head poked out his door as he looked down both ends of the corridor. He stood for a few minutes before he heard a door click on his right side and his eyes darted to his right to see Kyungah leaving another room she had just collected washing from. "Psst. Kyungah." He whispered but loud enough for her to hear as she turned to her side and smiled. 
She wandered down the corridor towards Changkyun with a washing basket under her arm as he opened his door slightly wider, just enough to gently pull her inside. "I need your help" He sighed to Kyungah as he closed his door behind her and Kyungah brought her hand to to hide her grin and stop herself from laughing. Changkyun pouted at Kyungah as she stepped forward and chuckled at Changkyun's shirt which was buttoned up incorrectly at the bottom as she began to correct it. "I didn't notice that." He sighed deeply and hid his face with embarrassment as Kyungah chuckled again and finished buttoning his shirt at the top.

 

"What do you need help with?" Kyungah asked Changkyun as he stepped backwards and opened four different wardrobe doors to reveal different styles and colours of suits. Kyungah's eyes lit up and dropped open in awe as Changkyun sighed deeply. 
"What do I wear..." He sighed again, "I went shopping with my mother and she brought me all these different suits to wear for the business meetings... I'm lost" He stuttered as he rubbed the back of his neck.
Kyungah chuckled as she stepped forward and after a few seconds she pulled out a matching navy suit to go with Changkyun's white shirt and passed it to him. "This one. For your first ever business meeting." She said with a smile as Changkyun smiled and took the suit from her.
"Maybe I should get your advice for every suit" Changkyun joked after getting changed and Kyungah was fixing a black tie to match. 
"I will be happy to help Mr Im." She chuckled back as they both grinned to each other and Changkyun quickly leant forward to steal a kiss from her.
"How did things go with Kihyun?" Changkyun asked Kyungah with slight hesitation. He hadn't seen her come back after she had left as his mother had kept him busy with telling him everything he needed to know about their business meetings for the whole evening.

 

"You were right. No matter what, we will always be siblings, even if the test results say different. But the results also mean my parents are not my biologically my parents, even though they are on my birth certificate..." Kyungah began telling Changkyun as his smile turned into a frown.
"How can they be on your birth certificate..." He stuttered in confusion as Kyungah shrugged, "Was it an adoption birth certficate?"
"No, it was an original one, from when I was born, original, no adoption." She told Changkyun as his eyes darted around the room trying to think of some sort of resonable explanation. "I guess it's just something else we'll need to find out about." She sighed as Changkyun opened his arms wide and Kyungah stepped towards him with a smile.
"Changkyun! Are you ready?" Changkyun's mother shouted from outside his door with a double knock as Changkyun and Kyungah looked at each other with widened eyes and pulled away from their hug. Kyungah quickly ducked and shuffled herself under Changkyun's bed as he chuckled before his mother entered. "Oh good, you're ready!" She said happily as Changkyun nodded to her, "Good choice on the suit." Changkyun smiled and thanked her before secretly glancing down at Kyungah underneath his bed. 
As Changkyun secretly took a glance at Kyungah, his mother glanced to her side to find a washing basket full of dirty clothes sat on the side. She frowned slightly as she quickly looked back at Changkyun and found him looking down. "Let's go if you're ready." She said quickly as Changkyun jumped slightly before smiling and nodding to her.

 

 

[Kyungah's POV]
I finished getting changed as I brushed myself down and smiled to myself in the mirror. Changkyun and I were going out to celebrate our birthdays with our friends and luckily our birthdays had fallen on the same weekend Changkyun's parents were at a business meeting. "Happy Birthday Kyungah!" My aunt cheered with a smile as she entered the room and gave me a shiny purple wrapped present with a gold bow on the top. "Ooh you look nice!" She said happily as I glanced in the mirror and thanked her with a smile. 
"Stay safe ok? I know you're going out to party with your friends and Changkyun." My aunt said as my eyes widened slightly. "Changkyun told me just now." She sighed with a slight hesitation, "But I know you share the same friends so it's ok."
"Thank you!" I said quickly with excitement and a grin as my aunt chuckled to herself. As my aunt disappeared back out the door, I heard a light knock on the door as I looked up to find Changkyun. 
"Happy Birthday!" He called out excitedly as he stepped a few steps into the room and his eyes lit up. "You look beautiful." He simply said as we both smiled happily to each other. 
"Happy Birthday too!" I told him with another smile as I picked up my bag and stepped in front of him. We

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter