Empty

Take Care of the Ending


Mir woke up earlier than usual as today was an important day. Today, was their comeback. Yes, comeback as a trio. He didn't know how to feel about this. 

Should he be excited as they can meet their fans? Should he be happy as they now can stand up on the stage even with only three of them left? Should he be worried about the acceptance from the public and fans? Can they be successful as before? 

Only sigh of heavy burden came out. 'Better, go and get a shower, first... No use of thinking those odd ideas' 

He looked up at the mirror in front of him to shave. However, that only made him laughed at himself. Those miserable face, sad and teary eyes didn't fade out even though he tried hard to forget those hard time. Without knowing, tears started falling down. 

'I'm must be crazy now...' 
'I thought I'm ready now after resting at home and holding onto Seungho and G.O hyung, but... This heart still hurting the same as before... Why?' He sobbed. 

Suddenly, his bathroom room's door was knocked on. 

"Cheolyong-ah, are you inside?" shouted G.O from outside.

"Yes, hyung... Why?" replied Mir with a shout too while erasing the tears on his cheek.

"Nothing. It just... suddenly, you are not in the bed. I'm worry. It's okay, just shower now. Manager hyung will arrive soon." explained G.O. "Okay, hyung." replied Mir. 

Now, as they had been through this suffocating period. Seungho and G.O checked up on him regularly. They always worried about him so much more than before as he was the only one younger brother that they had. They also pampered him more than before, maybe they were worried that he will feel like he didn't receive enough love and affection as before because Joon and Cheondung who always play around with him were gone now. 

In their black van, it felt empty than usual. At first when he entered the van, Mir went straight to the back, his fixed seat. Upon looking at the empty seat beside him, Mir realized. Realized that he didn't accept the reality yet and still yearning for a stage where five of them on it. 

"Mireuu-yah, why you sit there? Just sit beside me" said Seungho while patting on the empty seat beside him that used to be Cheondung's seat. 

"Ahhh... Sorry, hyung. I forget that we are only three now." said Mir with bitter smile while playing with his hair. 

Without delay, Mir went to the seat beside Seungho. Seungho observed carefully their maknae. Mir only smiled at Seungho again after sitting. Seungho noticed those pair of beautiful round puppy-like eyes were filled with tears again. 

"We will do a good job. Don't worry. Hyung and G.O are here. Trust us. Okay?" Seungho comforted Mir with a warm hug. Mir only nodded and smiled to Seungho. G.O who was watching quietly at the front seat, just smiled warmly at them. 

"Okay, fighting. We can do this. Mblaq fighting" shouted G.O passionately. 

*****************

Why people always being mean? Why they need to ask about the thing which we wanted to avoid the most? Why they said thing that we didn't mean to say? Why they always concluded about things that happened as what they wanted? Why we were hated by many people that we didn't know them ourselves?

Mir always busy now because of many variety shows he was in by himself. There were many schedules also for Mblaq to promote their new comeback. All of them were busy but Mir was the busiest among them. Luckily, for today, he was free. 

"Cheolyong-ah, wake up" said Seungho while patting Mir's back softly. Their maknae had been sleeping since he came back last night from work. He also didn't eat lunch.

"Cheolyong-ah, wake up. How long you are going to sleeep? It's 10 o'clock already. You had been sleeping for one whole day." said Seungho again. 

"Hmmmm... I'm tired, hyung. Just a few more minutes." said Mir with cracked voice. 

"Cheolyong-ah, wake up... It's not good to sleep too much." persuaded Seungho again while Mir's hair softly. 

"Hmmm... I already awake." replied Mir. He sat up on the bed and hugged Seungho tightly who was sitting beside him. 

"Hyung, thank you..." said Mir. Seungho giggled as Mir's action was too cute even though he already in his mid 20's.

"Why?" asked Seungho as he dumbfounded with Mir's thankful words.

"Hhmmpphhh... Nothing. Just want to say it. " said Mir with a bright adorable smile. 

"Let's eat. G.O cooked for us today." said Seungho. Mir only replied with nodding. 

They had a good time together. Eating, joking and catching up what each other had been doing so far. Guess we were fine now. 

"G.O hyung, your throat is okay, now?" concerned Mir. 

"Yes, it's fine. I'm thinking to go to king of masked singer. Fans also suggested it." explained G.O. 

"I'm sorry because of me. Many people criticize us lip syncing during the music shows." apologized G.O.

"Hyung, it's not your fault. It's normal for us, human to became sick sometimes. Hyung, don't need to apologize to us." encouraged Mir.

"That's right. You don't need to be sorry." supported Seungho. 

"G.O hyung, hyung just go to that show and show everyone that hyung can sing better than anyone else. I'm 100% sure that hyung will win and can become the king." Mir chuckled.

"Yahhhh... Don't say things like that. It will be a burden to Byunghee." replied Seungho as he worried since these days G.O has been suffering and lost his confidence.

"Aniii... I'm just saying the truth. Hyung, really good at singing. Don't worry too much. Just go and enjoy. Don't think too much." said Mir while patting G.O's back. 

"Alright.. I will just enjoy it and sing the songs that I loved." said G.O with smile. 

*****************************************************

After eating, they played video games together. 

"I'm sleepy. I will go to bed first" G.O yawned and went straight to his bed. 

Only Seungho and Mir left in the living room.  

"Hyung, want to play again?" asked Mir as he didn't feel sleepy yet. Seungho nodded. 

"Mireuu, I wanted to talk a bit" said Seungho after he won the game. Mir who was jumping and throwing a fit because he lost again, now he had calmed down and sat properly beside his oldest hyung. 

"About what, hyung?" asked Mir with anticipation.

"I'm don't know... Honestly... I'm..." Seungho became silence after saying a few words as he cannot continue to speak out to their maknae. Mir didn't say anything and just went to the kitchen. After a while, he came with a glass of water in his hand. 

"Hyung, here. Have some." said Mir while smiling at Seungho. Mir can see that Seungho's eyes looked sad not like before anymore. Usually, those eyes will filled with passion and looked charismatic. After Joon and Cheondung left, those eyes always looked sad even though when Seungho was smiling and laughing as usual. 

"I feel exhausted. I didn't have any spirit anymore... Why living is so hard?" confessed Seungho. 

"I wanted to be a leader that both of you can lean on. But, I'm also broken inside. I'm just trying not to be depressed. I don't know how long I can pretend to be okay. I want the best for us." whined Seungho. 

Mir didn't know what to say to comfort Seungho. Mir just hugged Seungho warmly. 
Seungho rested his head on Mir's shoulder. 

"I'm sorry, Cheolyong-ah... You had been busy now. It's should be me or G.O who need to do the hard work to make people love Mblaq because we are your hyung. But..." continued Seungho. 

"Hyung, it's okay. I like to be on tv more. I will be popular. You also know it right." Mir joked lightly. Seungho chuckled. Seungho knew that Mir only joking to make him felt better. He cannot stand seeing Mir pretend to be strong. Seeing Mir smiling happily on the tv shows, but deep down Seungho knew Mir was suffering inside like him. 

"Did you contact with those two?" asked Seungho. 

Mir was taken back with Seungho's question. "Ahhhh... About that...  Hmmm..  Hyung..." stuttered Mir. 

"It's okay. No need to answer it" convinced Seungho. 

"Honestly, hyung... No. I didn't. I'm not ready yet. I cannot pretend that I'm okay and not mad when they left us." explained Mir. 

"People always say, we had a bad relationship with them. And they said we speak ill about them." said Seungho with sad voice. 

"Hyung, just let them say what they want. We don't need to think about other people. Let's just focus on our own happiness. Let's do what we want." comforted Mir while caressing Seungho's back. Seungho did not reply. 

"Hyung, honestly I don't hate Joon hyung and Cheondung hyung. I'm hurt. Just that. Hyung, don't worry too much. It's okay if hyung, want to feel mad toward them. That's a normal thing. Friend can fight too. I'm sure when time passes, we can forgive each other and be friend again like before." advised Mir. 

"Maybe it's better to distant ourselves first until all of us cool down." continued Mir. 

"Alright... Hyung" said Mir while erasing tears on Seungho cheeks. Mir smiled.

"Thanks. I'm feeling better now." Seungho smiled back at Mir.

"Thank goodness, we have a reliable maknae like you" praised Seungho while patting Mir's head. 

"Just see, who is me, I'm Bang Cheolyong." joked Mir. Seungho laughed. Mir relieved seeing Seungho feeling better now.