The Path to Coronation

My Dark Moon

A little update

 

 


 

           In the following days Kwangmin sparred with the other five without Minwoo knowing since he was being taught by Lady Hyorin. Minwoo became able and to avoid suspicion Kwangmin would spar with him with no holds barred. But their path together has started to split. Every time they go home, with the aid of Lady Victoria and the other five arancarr, Kwangmin would cast the Revemerio spell. It was the ultimate memory spell, so complex that only those who can wield all elements can cast it and failure can lead to complete erasure of memories. It also requires great magic power and although Kwangmin is of royal bloodline he can only cast it for an hour even with the others help. Taemin noticed this but chose to ignore this since he thought they were practicing. But day after day of constant magic power led Taemin to doubt and rushed to the boys room. He didn’t expect what he saw – Minwoo floating inside a luminous sphere surrounded by six arancarr including Kwangmin. He became defensive and started to attack but was stopped and dragged outside by Lady Victoria.

 

            You better give me a good reason for stopping me my Lady! My son is inside with six arancarr who were casting I don’t know what kind of spell and here you are dragging me outside!  Taemin bellowed while Lady Victoria looked at him sternly not even wincing at Taemin’s tone of voice.

            All the more reason to drag you out of that room for you don’t even know what spell they are casting.  Lady Victoria said calmly.

            And you do?!  Taemin said sarcastically.

            It’s the Revemerio spell, a spell to alter one’s true memories failure in casting can mean ultimate amnesia. You wouldn’t want that to happen to Minwoo would you?  Lady Victoria replied to which Taemin’s eyes bulged.

            Alter one’s true memories? But why would Kwangmin cast that to Minwoo?  Taemin asked Lady Victoria, the information seem to calm him down.

            Kwangmin intends for us to go back home after Youngmin’s coronation as Minwoo is the next water guardian but Minwoo is too loyal to him. For that purpose he intends to erase their bond and put on fake memories which he acquired from the other three would-be guardians so Minwoo would willingly follow Youngmin. It’s already hard for him to do so don’t add any more burden to him. We can only watch what fate would bring us.  Lady Victoria comforted Taemin.

            But would it take effect immediately?  Taemin asked suddenly.

            No… I’ll time it to take effect after Minwoo passes the trial.  Kwangmin said as Taemin and Lady Victoria turned to him.

            How would you even manage to make him take the trial?  Taemin asked.

            That is for me to know you don’t have to worry. For now prepare what you must for the journey home. Father… I mean the king is very ill now I suspect the coronation to be a week from now.  Kwangmin replied while Taemin was peeking somewhere as if looking for something.

            Where are they? Where did they go and who were they?  Taemin asked referring to the other five arancarr.

            You don’t need to know who they are except that they only follow and listen to me.  Kwangmin said and went directly to the window opening it and threw something outside.

            A message? For whom?  Lady Victoria asked.

            For my human friends. I’m finished with the revemerio spell and I guess I’ll go back to our world tonight never to return. You can stay back but please do not go past a week. Minwoo knows where to find me so don’t bother telling him.  He said and went to Taemin hugging him.

            It maybe just because of your sense of duty but for those 16 years of taking care of me with affections that may be a lie I thank you. You made me feel loved even though as the prophecy says I might be the cause of destruction of Valkir. Thank you for being parents for me I’ll cherish it forever but I guess our time together is out I must go now. Take care of Minwoo for me he doesn’t know I changed his memories so don’t tell him. It will be awkward to say goodbye to him since he won’t remember me.   Kwangmin said tears flowing uncontrollably.

            Hush I know you did only what you think is right. Besides you remember right? As long as one remembers no memory is gone forever you may forgot it but it is still there waiting to be remembered (Spirited Away – the good witch granny). And don’t talk about yourself like that even if it’s not the king that asked me I will take care of you like my own and do my best to protect you. Now go wherever you have to go and good luck on your journey. Say goodbye to Sulli too she’ll miss you.  Taemin said as he released Kwangmin from the hug while Kwangmin nodded taking what he needed with him and went to say goodbye to Sulli.

 

           Little did Kwangmin know the moment he left the room to talk to them Lady Victoria uncasted the sleeping spell and awoke Minwoo who heard everything. He controlled his sobs and when he can’t detect Kwangmin’s presence in the house did he give in to his emotions. He bawled like there’s no tomorrow for what Kwangmin had in store for him.

 

 

 


 

A Heads up for the next chap it's the coronation and the trial of elements with a little action ahehehehe