Change

My Dark Moon

A/N

            As expected It's an early update but i'll try if I can do more than 3 this month. Thanks in advance!

 


 

            As his hands glided through the golden writings in the book, his eyes scan it astonished that he got a magic book from that lady. He scanned through pages each containing a magic spell for a specific element or some basic magic. He reached the last page of the book then started pondering.

           

          If I want to go there I need…  He said to himself as he flipped page by page in reverse looking for a spell.

            This.  He said as found and started reading it.

 

            It was a body changing spell. Any kind of body that you want – your handsome neighbor, an ugly person or just changing your hairstyle or its color but for a limited time or if you have a large magic power until you dispel it. What’s surprising is that it was on the first page as if the book knows what he must learn first. He started reading it and after understanding the basic concepts, he grabbed a mirror and closed his eyes to focus. He imagined what he wanted to look like and he felt magic coursing in his veins, singing like a hum. He opened his eyes and voila – he was a different person. He giggled like an idiot after seeing his reflection and started playing with his newfound power. He tried everything like changing his clothes, becoming a woman, and worst of all becoming a child again. He was having fun and decided to give his power a test run. He imagined he was the member of a popular group. He twisted left and right to see his image in the mirror. Satisfied, he tiptoed to get out of the house. He was thinking what the people will think while Lady Victoria sensed the flow of magic and thought to herself.

 

            I guess he was reading it.  She said as she recalled the meeting with her earlier.

 

~Flashback~

 

            Lady Victoria was cleaning the boy’s room when she felt a presence in it. The doors became locked and she turned around to see who it is. It was Hyorin in her dark glory. She got a book and presented it to her.

 

            A gift for the prince.  She said as Lady Victoria stared at the book recognizing it as a book of magic.

            Give it to him personally.  Lady Victoria said. Hyorin raised her eyebrows questioningly.

            Prince Kwangmin already knows what had happened. If I give him that he might ignore it, besides my job is to protect him from the arancarr, but you’re not one right?  She asked with Hyorin regaining her composure.

            You sure I’m not?  Hyorin asked smiling somewhat evily.

            As Lady Hyori trusted you, I put my trust in you.  She calmly replied.

            Very well…  Till we meet again.  Hyorin said as she vanished into thin air.

 

            Hyorin disguised herself as a human girl as she stalked Kwangmin in his school looking at him from afar. He never noticed, as he was in his daze, the gaze that was in awe of his features. He really looked like the other prince though with a much sharper jawline he looked more fierce and those eyes cold as a starry night. She waited for him to be alone but she guessed it would take some time. His other friends had noticed her and she had to hide for a while. Fortunately, she found him in the rooftop alone and gave him the book.

 

~End of Flashback~

 

            Feeling mischievous, Kwangmin proceeded to a convenience store where he knew many night people come. As soon as he entered many eyes stared upon him. Pretending to be an idol, he kept his head low and proceeded to the cashier. He payed and was going out when someone told him to wait. He smirked realizing it’s time for his prank, he dispelled the magic on his face reverting to Kwangmin and turned around.

 

            You called?  He asked his head tilted to the left as he eyed the girl that was so shocked to see his face. Though he didn’t expect the blush when she saw him but nevertheless happy that she fell for his tricks.

            Nothing…  the girl said. He turned his back and was leaving when she grabbed him by the wrist.

            On second thought…  Can I have your number?  She asked cutely twirling her fingers. Kwangmin was thinking what to do since the girl was okay but deciding to be a nappun namja.

            Sorry I’m married.  He said as he showed her his right hand with a magic gold wedding band.

 

            The girl was shocked again speechless jaw open including the others in the convenience store seeing that a young boy like him is married. Kwangmin willed himself not to laugh and led himself out of the store. He went a few blocks away and he started laughing like crazy glad that there was no one there to nag him. He laughed so hard thinking about her face that tears flowed uncontrollably. He calmed down after such ruckus and he went home. If he could trick that girl maybe he could trick the people in his world. So with that he decided he would visit his world tomorrow since it’s just a 30 minutes bus ride from home and 45 minutes from school. The following days, Kwangmin seemed aloof. He became quieter and always like in a daze but in reality he’s just thinking of what magic to learn next. Minwoo was already bothered with it since he was not used to a quiet Kwangmin but he waited for his friend to tell him about it. Kwangmin on the other hand ignored the pleading looks Minwoo gave him and continued his human life. But everything was so automatic that he seemed like a robot doing what he can do but his mind adrift. He literally became a “Physically present but mentally absent” person. He already started going home late during weekdays and out of the house every weekends giving the SC job as an excuse but in reality he was visiting in his homeworld where he could practice his craft much longer since the time there is 5x of the time in the human world (1 day here is 5 days there). Asked why Minwoo is not coming he just says he was a pr officer and will just be called if needed. Though Minwoo ignored it the first week he cannot ignore it anymore and waited until Kwangmin arrived late one night to confront him. He grabbed him immediately as he entered the room, locking the door, pushed him to the bed then hugged him tight. He was crying his eyes out as Kwangmin lay there unmoving anxious to hear what his semi-brother would say.

 

            Kwangmin…  Minwoo asked sobbing.

            Uhhh…  Kwangmin replied causing the other to look at him.

            I know you want to keep it to yourself but I can’t stand it anymore. I can’t stand you not talking to me anymore. I’m already thinking that I did something to you. Did I do something? If I did please tell me! Talk to me! Scold me! Scream at me! Punch me! Anything! As long as you don’t ignore me please!  Minwoo said as he bawled tears flowing nonstop as he looked at Kwangmin.

 

            Kwangmin was shocked at Minwoo’s outburst. He didn’t know that his actions would result to this. He felt guilty, that even as he knew that Minwoo was innocent and knew nothing just like him at first, he shunned him off and kept him in the dark. He loved Minwoo as a true brother. But that might change if he knew the truth that’s why he doesn’t tell anything to Minwoo. Then Minwoo started talking again.

 

            No matter what happens, we’re partners right?  Minwoo asked and Kwangmin came to a decision and smiled.

            Yeah… partners.  He said as he came to a decision that he will tell Minwoo and hugged Minwoo who cuddled in his partner’s chest feeling his heartbeat just like when they were kids. Kwangmin was comforting the crying Minwoo when he noticed the calendar. It was Friday and tomorrow’s a weekend so he will visit early in the morning. He immediately nudged the other boy.

            You wanna know right?  He asked the sniffling boy who nodded.

            Then pack up a few briefs worth 3 days and put it in a bag.  He said as Minwoo looked at him questioningly. He just ruffled the younger’s hair.

 

              You’ll see soon enough.  He said as he packed his bag too of course with the book.