Home

My Dark Moon

            Kwangmin blinked his eyes open. He noticed that everything was semi-dark as the sun was still rising. He checked the clock, 5:35 a.m. it read. He smiled, just right on time. He nudged Minwoo and told him to start preparing. They prepared what they need, showered and changed and ate at what Lady Sulli managed to cook in such short notice. She noticed the smile on Minwoo’s face and the caring look that Kwangmin gives him. She felt relieved. She too had noticed Kwangmin’s unusual behavior and the looks Minwoo gives to him so she thought they had fought. She released a relieved sigh and Taemin noticed it.

 

            Why such a sigh?  He asked only for her to hear.

            Nothing… it seems the boys have just made up.  She said placing their breakfast while the two boys gobbled everything on their plates.

 

            After eating it was 6:30 and Kwangmin is nudging Minwoo to go faster as they have to be there at 7. Taemin called the boys for a minute. He pulled out his necklace and gave it to Kwangmin and gave him a piece of folded paper. He said to read it at the bus. Glancing at the clock again Kwangmin made a run for it as the two boys scattered and bade goodbye. Lady Sulli and Lady Victoria was watching in the sidelines.

 

            Taemin… isn’t that…?  Lady Sulli asked.

            Hmmm? Yep. It was same kind of necklace I gave to the others before we left. I do hope Kwangmin could read it and for Onew hyung to still wear the necklace.  Taemin replied while Lady Victoria gave a questioning look.

            Do you think I’m stupid Lady Victoria? I know Kwangmin possessed a large quantity of magic ever since he was born and for it to suddenly disappear wouldn’t be that he was hiding it and thinking why he had to hide it is that he was going to our world in disguise. I only hope that it was the right thing to do.  Taemin said in reply.

            So you knew…  Lady Victoria said in a low tone.

            Not really but I got a hunch. Besides do you know how he learned to control his powers?  He asked Lady Victoria.

            Hyorin gave him the lost Forbidden Book.  She said firmly while Taemin’s eyes bulged.

            Well I guess that could help him see his father.  Taemin said as Lady Sulli looked at her sadly. He raised an eyebrow.

            Only a year and three months left Taemin.  Lady Sulli said as she began sobbing. He hugged her to comfort her while Lady Victoria looked on sadly.

            Hush… I know they’ll be alright after we’re gone so don’t worry.  Taemin said as Lady Sulli kept crying.

 

~In the bus~

 

            Kwangmin was examining the necklace Taemin gave him. He can’t help but feel that it has magical properties of its own. He was turning it left and right as he noticed the wanting stare Minwoo gave to it. He passed it to Minwoo who immediately caressed it like it was a precious thing.

 

            It’s beautiful right?  Kwangmin asked while Minwoo nodded in reply.

            Ne. I’ve always wanted to touch it when I was little but father didn’t allow me. I guess it’s because it’s made of glass so he didn’t allow me since I might break it. Hey what’s written in the note father gave you? Minwoo asked passing back the necklace. Kwangmin immediately dug his pockets and unfolded the folded paper.

            When you get to your destination change yourself to me, hold your necklace and say in your mind Onew come to the mountain, Taemin.  Minwoo said reading it aloud which caused Kwangmin to look curiously at Minwoo.

            You can read it?  He asked while Minwoo nodded.

              Yep. Mother taught us when we were kids, but being your naughty self, you always boycott the lessons.

           

            Now Kwangmin remembers why he could read these words. Even though he boycotts the lessons, he didn’t know but something compels him to learn it when he was alone so he would read Minwoo’s notes every night. He smiled at the thought and looked towards the window. They were nearing their destination. They arrived at the bus stop and then hurried towards their destination with Kwangmin saying they have to hurry for the earlier they get there the longer they could stay. They followed a forest trail and entered the cave until they arrived at an arch like stone. Kwangmin stopped and urged Minwoo to run straight at that rock.

 

            You’re joking right?  Minwoo asked him a bit irked.

            I’m not so faster go! Time is ticking!  Kwangmin urged.

            Eeerrrrrr.  Minwoo nervously said as he walks towards the stone. When he was near, Kwangmin getting impatient pushed Minwoo to it. 

            Whoah!  Minwoo covered his face and expected himself to hit the rock but it never came. He kept walking with his face covered until he felt a hand in his shoulder and uncovered his face. He looked around.

            See? Nothing major happened right?  Kwangmin said laughing a bit as he started to move towards the exit. Minwoo followed and when they emerged Minwoo took in the sight. They were at the base of a mountain with forest surrounding it.

            Minnie hug me by the waist and hold on tight.  Kwangmin said as Minwoo meekly followed what he said. As soon as he wrapped his arms in Kwangmin’s waist, a wind blew and they started floating slowly then picking up speed then stopped when they were at the height of the peak. The sight was breathtaking.

            So this is Valkir?  Minwoo asked which caused Kwangmin to look at him since he was expecting the younger to be shock as they were floating. Minwoo looked at him in the eye and hugged tighter.

            I know Kwangmin. I know everything since we graduated middle school. Dad told me everything. That’s why I want you to know that you don’t have to go through this alone. Enemy or not I’m Minwoo, your stepbrother, your bestfriend, your partner.  He said as he hugged him tighter and snuggling his head in Kwangmin’s chest.

            Thanks partner. And yes this is Valkir… OUR HOME.  He said as he returned the affection as they both stared at the city.

 

Meanwhile in the castle

 

            The king and the guardians plus Youngmin and the would be guardians were having a discussion in the dining hall as they wait for the food. Suddenly Hyunseong stood up and looked at the southern side of the room and proceeded to the window. He looked towards Mt. Beil and just stood there. Onew knew why he stood and stood too by his side the whole hall became quiet as they stared at the two by the window. They knew Hyunseong is very sensitive when it comes to Wind magic and they were wondering why they stood. Onew then spoke.

 

            You feel it?  He asked aloud.

            Yes… the wind… is strong… in Mt. Beil.  Hyunseong said aloud and the Onew and the King and the other guardians exchanged knowing looks which Youngmin noticed.

           

 

              Something’s going on here.  Youngmin thought.

 


A/N

 

OOOOOhhhh aheheheheh some suspense for you guys a bit ehehehehehe