Story 9 - Suffocated

"This is I Promise You"

[Bvlgary Hotel – Seoul, 07:30 PM]

 

 

“Yoona?”

 

Ji Yong and Taehyung freeze and couldn’t speak any other word. They just stand still and stare at Yoona.

 

“Hey guys, what happen? Do you think I’m a ghost or something? Why looking at me like that? Haha.”

 

Yoona try to break the ice, and of course, no matter how hard Yoona try to be calm, we could hear nervousness in her voice.

 

“Ah, we-well… How are you? Wah, you look stunning now!” (Taehyung finally back to his sense)

“Haha, thanks! You look great too Kim Taehyung… It’s been really a long time isn’t ? It …”

 

While Yoona and Taehyung have a conversation, Ji Yong still stand there without saying a word and keep looking at Yoona.

Yoona know that Ji Yong still stare at her. It makes Yoona more nervous. Why Ji Yong only stay still and keep looking at her?

 

“Anne, grandpa is looking for you.” (Arnold approaching Yoona)

“Ah, alright. Umm, Arnold, they are my childhood friends, Kim Taehyung and Kwon Ji Yong.”

“Oh hi! Nice to meet you, I’m Arnold.”

“Yeah hi, I’m Taehyung.”

“I’m Ji Yong.”

 

Both Ji Yong and Taehyung coldly introduce themselves to Arnold.

 

“Well, see you around guys. I need to go now.”

“Oh well, see you Yoong.”

 

Yoona went to Mr. Philip table with Arnold. Seems like Mr. Philip want to introduce her to his business partner.

While Ji Yong and Taehyung still couldn’t take their eyes off of Yoona.

 

“What’s their relationship? Is it true that he’s her fiancée?”

“Ya, Joon-ahh. Get the information about Arnold and Yoona relationship. All the relatable information, leave nothing behind!” (Ji Yong ask his secretary)

“Got it Sir!”

 

Yoona feels so suffocated since she arrived at the venue. She is nervous with the fact that, she have to meet with Ji Yong and Taehyung at the party.

When she entered the venue and greeted other guests, she saw Ji Yong and Taehyung stand together and being friendly.

The prince charming Taehyung, still the same. He’s still handsome, and he grew taller than before. Taehyung is a CEO now, Yoona could see the mature aura from him, he must be a great and kind CEO in his company.

And the popular charismatic CEO, Kwon Ji Yong. He looks so fine, still handsome and surrounded by such a strong aura. Yoona also saw some news about how great Ji Yong leadership is. His father’s company really develop a lots, thanks to Ji Yong hard work. Yoona wonder whether Ji Yong is still with Jihyun or not. She bet that Jihyun wouldn’t let this kind of man slip away right?

 

Mustered up her courage, Yoona walked slowly towards Ji Yong and Taehyung whose seems busy with their secretary. Yoona thought that, she couldn’t runaway anymore, and take this chance to show them that; she’s fine now.

Ji Yong and Taehyung maybe wouldn’t realized how trembling Yoona was, to stand before them after 7 years, and smiling like her usual self.

 

“Miss Anne, are you alright? You look so pale.”

“Ah, I’m good Beth. Maybe I’m just exhausted, you know we just arrived yesterday and already have bunch of works to do.”

“Indeed Miss, my bad. Next time I will arrange your schedule more carefully and wisely so it wouldn’t exhaust you.”

“It’s ok Beth. Thank you, umm maybe I will go to the toilet and get some fresh air. Let Mr. Philip and Arnold know, in case they’re looking for me.”

“Got it Miss. Take your time.”

 

Yoona went outside the ballroom to clear her mind. Her mind is so chaotic right know. She couldn’t believe that she have that courage to face Taehyung and Ji Yong again.

 

“Why I’m approaching them first? Am I crazy? Am I that brave? Dumb Yoona! Arrgghhh! I hope I didn’t look weird and that awkward right? Arrghh, whatever!” (Yoona talking to herself in the toilet)

“Well, it’s better now than later right? I don’t want them to think that I’m running away from them. (Yoona still talking to herself) Fighting Lim Yoona! I better going back inside now.”

 

“4 years ago … “

Suddenly there’s someone talking behind Yoona’s back when she’s walking back towards the ballroom.

 

“… in Paris, it was you wasn’t it?”

“Kwon Ji Yong?!” (Yoona shocked to see Ji Yong standing there)

“Roxanne, why I didn’t think it is you?”

“Wha-what do you mean?”

“4 years ago, when we met in Paris … Why you’re running away from me?”

 

Yoona dumbfounded by Ji Yong’s words. Her heart is beating so fast, she wants to disappear right now.

 

“What do you mean Ji Yong-ahh? I-I don’t understand.”

“You know what I mean Yoona-ahh...”

 

Yoona and Ji Yong only stand there and stare at each other, they don't speak a word. 

 

“Miss Roxanne!” (Suddenly someone calling out Yoona’s name)

“Ah, Beth. Wha-what’s happen?“

“Are you alright?

“Ah yeah, why? Something happen?”

“Oh, I’m just worried. You taking time so long to go to the toilet.”

“I’m fine, I just walking around for a bit and catch up to my old friend (Yoona look back at Ji Yong). Well, I guess I need to go now. Talk to you later Ji Yong-ahh.”

“When?” (Ji Yong only stare at Yoona)

“Huh? (Yoona being confused)”

“You always rejected me and hiding from me nor Taehyung. 'Talk to you later?' When? Another empty words?” (Ji Yong being annoyed)

 

Yoona also annoyed, but she need to stay calm for her own sake.

 

“I’m not hiding from you! (Yoona walking towards Ji Yong and grab Ji Yong’s phone) This is my number, you could contact me anytime! Bye.”

“Great, talk to you later Miss Roxanne.” (Ji Yong smile widely as Yoona go)

 

Yoona angrily walking back to the ballroom with her secretary.

 

“Are you ok Miss?”

“Yeah Beth, thanks for saving me. He’s such a dominant guy, guess people never change.”

 

***