Story 6 - 'YOONA LIM'

"This is I Promise You"

[NEW YORK – 04:00 AM]

 

“Well done, Miss Anne. You should get some rest now.” (Yoona’s secretary entered the room)

“Right the damn 14 hours difference is really killing me! I need to wake up early today. Thanks Beth. Have a good rest.”

“You too Miss, I’ll get you for breakfast later.”

 

7 years has passed just like that. Now Yoona is known in Europe as Roxanne Lim, and Beth is her secretary since the beginning of her career.

 

Well, did I make a grand comeback?” (Yoona talked to herself while drinking her wine)

“Hmph, did Ji Yong and Taehyung attended the event just now? I saw their company applications two years ago. Indeed, they become such a reliable CEO now... (Yoona smiles and sip her wine again) 7 years huh? Feels it just yesterday… (Yoona stare at the window for some times, she lost in her thought) I need to face the music soon right? Roxanne Lim huh? I’m still Lim Yoona.”

 

And another long night for Yoona passed just like that.

 

Lim Yoona, went to London 7 years ago, and started her study in London Business School, during her summer and winter break , she took a short course in Paris to study Art. And, during her 3rd year of short course, she met with Mr. Philip who’s the president of Roxanne Group. Unexpectedly, Mr. Philip remembered one of Yoona’s business articles that she made in London, turned out that Mr. Philip was one of the special lecturer there and the one who’s reviewed her article and asked the college to published it on their website, and to meet Yoona again in Paris really surprised Mr. Philip. He didn’t expect Yoona would pursue her double degree like this. And that was what made Yoona’s so special.

During her 4th year of college, Mr. Philip offered Yoona to take an internship in his company, and she joined the new branch that just launched by the Roxanne Group. That year, the new sub-group was made by Roxanne Group together with global Luxury Goods Company; ‘LVMH’.

The purpose of the project was to re-introduce the ‘lost art’ into a high quality luxury goods that all people could enjoy and appreciate art more. Because nowadays people seems to see art as something that hard to approach and hard to understand, so together with LVMH, Roxanne Group wants to make art as something that friendly to every people around the world.

Yoona saw this offer as her opportunity to prove herself that she’s more than capable from what people’s think. And thanks to her double degree in Art, Yoona indeed, become a hidden ‘gem’ in the project. The process to launch this new project took more than 2 years, and during that time Yoona also need to focus on her study and her project. She never ever comeback to Korea during the 7 years, she mostly stayed in London and Paris.

Thanks to her one of a kind sense in business and art, and the hard work from all the incredible team, the project was a big success in Europe 3 years ago, and then they officially entered the America’s market one year after, and now they will enter the Asia’s market.

Yoona was appointed as the CEO 2 years ago by Mr. Philip because of her hard work, and capability to bring the project success to the whole world. She became one and only young CEO by Roxanne Group that chosen by Mr. Philip himself, so that’s why Yoona’s a.k.a Roxanne Lim known to the whole art business world and entered the Forbes Business Magazine.

Some people think that Yoona is Mr. Philip adopted daughter because her name also Roxanne (just like his company) or his grandson fiancée, but Yoona’s name and the company name really hasn’t relation at all.

 

“… It is my name, and it will always be. I will always be Roxanne and Yoona Lim.  People that known me in Korea or my old friend would know me as Yoona, but if I have to give the meaning to why I use other name, well the person who’s shaped me for who I am today and the person who’s bring the ‘lost art’ project known to the whole world is Roxanne Lim. I think I’m matured while known as Roxanne, so that’s why for the past 7 years I’m comfortable for being known as Roxanne (Yoona’s smile widely). So, I really appreciate if people would stop being confused for nothing, haha. You could call me anything that make you comfortable, haha.” (Yoona ended her interview with Harvard Business Review Magazine)

“Thank you Miss Roxanne for your incredible and inspiring interview today. Next time we would like to invite you as our special lecturer, if you mind?”

“Oh, thank you! That would be my honor, but I think I need Beth approval, isn’t it Beth?”

“Haha, sure Miss Anne. Miss Dun, you could contact me here (Beth give Miss Dun her business card) anytime to talk about the special lecturer.”

“Sure Beth! Thank you so much Miss Roxanne, it is a pleasure to meet you.”

“Thank you Miss Dun, hope we will meet again in the future.”

 

Now, as Yoona reveal her identitiy and her face, the interview offers really won’t stop coming. ‘The beautiful and young CEO who shakes the art business world’, that’s the most article that you will find about Roxanne Lim.

 

“So, we ended our schedule for today?”

“Well, apologize Miss Anne, but we need to attend the urgent project meeting with LVMH team in Paris tomorrow. So now, we will be heading to the airport and you need to have a dinner at the airplane again.”

“How about Mr. Philip, will he attend the meeting too?”

“Mr. Philip wants to talk to you as soon as the interview done Miss, I guess he couldn’t attend the meeting tomorrow.”

“Well, I will have a wonderful dinner then. Who the hell that make Mr. Philip angry this time?!”

“Maybe Robert? Daniel? Susan? They’re really messed up for these 3 months.”

“Argh, thanks Beth! I will have a wonderful dinner then, I need to shallow everything.”

“Well, hope you won’t get indigestion Miss.”

“Then, I will have my dinner later. I will be talking with Mr. Philip first.”

“Sure Miss, anything will do.”

“By the way Beth, any news from Korea? My Mom or Dad?”

“Ah well, my apologize Miss I forgot to tell you that, this afternoon when you’re in the middle of interview there’s two people that contacted me and asked for your personal number.”

“Who are they?”

“Umm, they’re Kwon Ji Yong and Kim Taehyung. Both of them said that they’re your childhood friends.”

“Did you give my number?”

“Of course not Miss, I need your permission first.”

“Great. Later if they call again, don’t give my number and if they want to approach me for business, they can contacted the headquarters first to follow the steps, and we could arrange a formal meeting next month when I go to Korea.”

“Roger that Miss.”

“Thanks Beth.”

“Anytime Miss Roxanne.”

 

It’s already 7 years, and Yoona still doesn’t want to meet with Ji Yong and Taehyung, yet.

Why?

 

***