Story 7 - A Long Night

"This is I Promise You"

[R Apartment – Seoul, 08:00 PM]

 

“You’re back Sir?” (Taehyung Secretary asked him)

“Ah yeah, sorry to keep you waiting. Any news from Roxanne?”

“Ah yeah, their secretary just mail us the requirements for the formal meeting. Unfortunately, they almost booked for the whole 2 weeks of their stay in Korea.”

“2 weeks? The CEO won’t stay here?”

“The CEO? The daughter of Mr.Lim? I heard she won’t stay either, she and her team need to go to Nepal for their high-end materials. I heard they produce it manually there.”

“How about the personal contact of Yoona? You still can’t get it?”

“I’m sorry Sir.”

“Ok, got it. You may go now, thanks Hyuk-ahh, see you tomorrow.”

“That’s my job Sir, see you tomorrow. Have a good rest.”

 

Taehyung secretary’s, Joo Hyuk left the apartement after updating to Taehyung regarding Yoona.

After being told by Yoona secretary that Yoona refused to give her personal number, Taehyung really confused with the situation now. He tried to follow the regulation for the formal meeting, but seems like it’s useless.

 

“Yoona-ahh, why you are trying to ditch me too? What I’ve done to you to make you completely cut me off ike this?”

 

Taehyung talking to himself with frustration.

 

“It’s been 7 years… I don’t know where you are, how do you live your life in the past years, you make me almost forgot that face and voice of yours… I miss you Yoong…”

 

 

[L Apartment – Seoul, 09:15 PM]

 

“So, you couldn’t find any other ways to get her personal contact? Email or phone number? Instagram or Facebook?”

Ji Yong being frustrated and furious at the same time.

“Sorry Sir. Just like before, it’s so hard to find Miss Yoona personal contact.”

“Dammit!”

“How about you contacted their parents Sir?”

“They move to other place 4 years ago. I heard they build a palace-like house somewhere outside Seoul, and lived there. I tried to meet with Mr.Lim, but he only said that Yoona was doing well, she will comeback so I need to be patient and bla bla bla.”

“So, what you want to do Sir? Follow the regulations or?”

“Yeah, we have no choice. Just hurry apply for the formal meeting, and find out about her entire schedules in Korea during her stay, also you said that she will go to Nepal after Seoul?”

“Yes Sir, that’s what I heard from secretary team in their headquarters.”

“Find out about it too, and if it possible book the same flight and hotel.”

“You will go there Sir?”

“If she refused to meet me again in Seoul, this time I will chase her wherever she go.”

“Roger that Sir!”

“Thanks Joon, you could go home now. We will have an early meeting tomorrow.”

“Good night Sir, see you tomorrow.”

 

Just like Taehyung, Ji Yong also frustrated and confused by Yoona action.

 

“Do you hate me that much Yoong? 4 years ago … I shouldn’t let you go.”

 

Ji Yong talking to himself while drinking his wine. There’s a sadness and longing in his voice. He feels so helpless, and lost. He doesn’t know what to do. She’s seems right in front of him, but why it’s impossible to reach her?

 

 

[L Hotel – Paris, 09:00 PM]

 

“Good work for today Miss Roxanne.”

“You too Beth. Finally it’s over! That damn Susan is really something. Mr.Philip should fire her since months ago, why bring the headache to me? Gezz!”

“Well, our philanthropy president is such a kind man who always give second chance to others.”

“Yeah, you’re right. He’s a nice man, only if his grandson just like him, he wouldn’t be traveling around the world anymore in that age. Such a useless grandson. I feel bad for Mr. Philip.”

“Do you mean Mr. Arnold, Miss?”

“Yeah, that childish human being.”

“Oh! Mr. Arnold is with Mr. Philip now in Canada. I heard he started to work in the headquarters for these past 2 years.”

“What?! Really?! Arnold???”

“Yes Miss. You don’t know about it?”

“Of course not, why should I know about him.”

“Well, people always suspect you as Mr. Philip’s grandson fiancée, so I thought the rumor wouldn’t spread without fire, right?”

“Beth!”

“Haha, sorry Miss I went too far. Have a good rest, I will wake you up tomorrow.”

“Alright, thanks Beth. See you tomorrow.”

 

After such a long week, finally Yoona will have a 3 days off in Paris before heading back to UK and then to Korea.

Since Beth told Yoona about Ji Yong and Taehyung contacted her to ask about Yoona, she couldn’t stop thinking about it.

 

“Am I really going to far? Especially towards Taehyung? (Yoona lost in her thought) But, but I’m not ready to meet him yet. I hope he will forgive me for my childish and selfish act later ... (Yoona sipped her wine) Ji Yong … that dumb man (Yoona smile bitterly) I hope I did a right thing... I guess I’m really fine now, my feelings are numb towards him now… It should be alright to meet him too later. It’s useless to always hiding… What kind of hiding anyway to let the whole world know who I really am! Gezz, dumb Yoona! I should sleep now, and go on shopping tomorrow, haha."

 

Just like that, Yoona, Ji Yong and Taehyung also has a long night; again.

 

***