Story 5 - 'Roxanne'

"This is I Promise You"

[The Silla – 02:00 PM]

 

“Hey Kim Taehyung!!!!”

“Kwon Ji Yong? You’re here too?”

“Yeah, My father couldn’t make it so here I am. How about you? I didn’t expect to meet you here, it’s been almost 7 years isn’t?”

“Well, same as you. Guess it’s just a father excuse to make us come here. Blimey! That long??? Haha, feels so old already.”

“Yeah, indeed. So, I heard you opened a new branch in Canada? So you literally live there?”

“Branch? Ahh, yeah, that’s true. But, who the hell spread those rumors? I still live in Korea, I only go to Canada every 3 months. For God’s sake! How about you? Yeaaa, the successful young CEO Kwon Ji Yong, I saw you everywhere.”

“Bet me! I'm doing well, just getting old like other human being. And for that,you know, for marketing sake. Haha.”

 

Ji Yong and Taehyung meet again after 7 years. As expected from both chaebol child, they continued their fathers company. Taehyung is the CEO for Kim Enterprise now, the stage where his father prepared him to take over all of his company. And Ji Yong is the CEO of ‘B’ automobile company, Ji Yong is the most successful young CEO now in Korea.

Literally, Ji Yong and Taehyung are everywhere, since they become a CEO in such a young age *thanks to their father* , but they had proved that they’re a capable CEO at their young age, their achievement make them the role model for mostly every young generation in Korea, and of course their handsome visual also take over Korea on a different level.

 

“So, have you heard anything from her?”

 

Ji Yong asked Taehyung carefully.

 

“Hmm... Honestly, nothing. Well, even though people called me her best friend, in reality she didn’t told me anything. Back then, I even don’t know that she’s went to Europe before the graduation announcement. She just dissapeared."

“I tried to track her in Europe again, but I found nothing. Haha, as expected from the Lim’s family, they really protected their daughter privacy on the FBI and CIA levels.”

“Again? What do you mean?” (Taehyung ask Ji Yong)

“Ah, well … Just like you, I want to know her news, so I tried to found her but my people can’t found her.”

“She even changed her phone number and her email… I really don’t know what that girl thinking about.”

“Yeah, as expected from her.”

“But, why you also try to find her?”

“Well, same as you.” (Ji Yong smiles to Taehyung while patted him on the shoulder.)

 

Taehyung baffled to hear Ji Yong answer. And he still confused, why Ji Yong also try to find her After all these time, why???

 

“Don’t tell me you …”

“Hush, the event about to start. Let’s continue later.”

 

“Ladies and gentlemen, thank you so much for your time to attend the opening ceremony of Global Enterprise,’Roxanne’ in South Korea. We are delightful to finally entered the Asia market, and open our very first Asia branch here in South Korea. We also grateful for Mr. Lim Jung Yoon as the president of Y Group who’s our partner for the Asia market.”

 

“Wow, Mr.Lim is really something. He can get Roxanne as his partner???” (Taheyung dumbfounded)

“Exactly! My company has tried to win Roxanne over for these past 2 years, but nothing’s work. I also heard that Mr.Lim proposal got rejected fourth times, but finally they manage to win the bid after Mr.Lim hired a whole new different team to make the proposal.”

 

(Ji Yong who’s sit beside Taehyung also dumbfounded by the success of Mr.Lim)

 

“Really??? Woaah, I really need to learn from him somehow. It’s hard to got the Global brand attention, even persuade them to enter the Asia market. It’s so challenging for both Roxanne and Y Group.”

“Yeah, but Roxanne new ace the CEO, is their key. I still don’t know what kind of person the CEO is. The one who’s leading Roxanne to the extend they entered Forbes and their stock market never shaken for these past years.”

“The one on the big screen is the president of Roxanne right? The famous philanthropy in the whole world.”

“Yeah, Mr. Philip Rowling. Gosh, I wish he attended this event. What a waste.”

 

Ji Yong and Taehyung can’t stop talking for the whole opening session. As the young CEO, they still excited over the biggest business tyrant success story. They realize that they still need to learn a lot from the expert. Roxanne is the biggest Global enterprise company now in the world. They never entered the Asia market because the Asia market somehow still not suitable for their values and market. But 3 years ago, Roxanne announced that they will entered the Asia market, and they will recruit one of the Asia enterprise company as their partner. The competition was so fierce and it takes whole 2 years for the selection. Not to mentioned, Taehyung and Ji Yong companies are also on the race to win Roxanne offer.

Mr. Philip right hand man, the CEO of Roxanne famous for its strict high standard. That one alone is the reason why the selection process took the whole 2 years, to finally choose Y Group as their partner.

 

“…. Mr. Philip was out for  the business trip now so that’s why he couldn’t attend the opening ceremony and did the video conference instead. But he scheduled to come to the new branch in Korea next month with our Mrs. CEO, Roxanne Lim. Now, let’s hear a few words from Roxanne CEO; who’s currently also out for the business trip in New York.”

“Ya Ji Yong-ahh, finally we gotta see the CEO of Roxanne. I’ve been curious about that person.”

“Indeed! I want to know what kind of per…”

 

“Halo everyone, I’m Roxanne Lim and my Korean name is …”

 

“Yoona Lim???” (Taehyung and Ji Yong souted at the same time and they also shocked to see Yoona on a big screen.)

 

…Yoona Lim. Congratulations for the grand opening of Roxanne in South Korea. Mr. Philip and I are delightful to finally make our dreams come true to entered the Asia market. And we also grateful to Y Group, for their never ending effort to win our heart, to finally be the chosen one as our partner in Asia. I also grateful for all the leading companies whose joined in the process that took 2 years long. I understand that it’s a long process, but what I want to see through that process is the consistency and the development from your company, because Roxanne can’t judge one company to another just by looking at the proposal for one or two months, so that’s why me and Mr.Philip agreed to take this long process to choose the best of the best in Asia. we took the careful measure to choose our partner and the voting also done by the expert and blindly voting by me and Mr.Philip, the team will show the whole 2 years selection process in the 30 minutes video later, to show the fairness and the firce competition for the past 2 years. Other company could learn how the Global company works too through this video later. I hope we could continue our partnership with all of you in the future. Thank you so much, and please enjoy the feast. It's such a waste that Mr.Philip and I have duties to do in other country, but we will visit the branch soon together with other team, and hope we could meet again at that time.”

“Thank you so much Mrs. Roxanne, our beloved CEO for the warm and full of encouragement words. Hope to see you soon here in Korea. Ladies and Gentleman, now let me move on to the video that Mrs. Roxanne has been talking about..."

 

“Ya Ji Yong-ahh, is that really Yoona?”

“Yeah, that is Yoona! I really couldn’t believe it!”

“She’s the CEO of Roxanne?!!”

“But why Roxanne Lim???”

“Why after all these years I could see her through the big screen???”

“But why Roxanne??? She’s the heir of Y Group, she could just comeback to Korea and continued her father’s company. Why???”

“She will really comeback right?”

 

Ji Yong and Taehyung mind are still chaotic right now. They couldn’t believe that Yoona is in front of their eyes as the CEO of Roxanne Enterprise.

She’s the famous CEO who’s entered the Forbes 30 under 30, but refused to show her profile, that mysterious person with such a great achievement is Lim Yoona!

 

“Sh** I’m so trembled right now!” (Taehyung still shocked and he almost cried to finally saw Yoona again)

“Roxanne Lim … Why I couldn’t realize it sooner that it is you?” (Ji Yong said to himself. He also still in shock and tehre’s a relief in his heart, to finally see Yoona again).

 

***