Story 1 - Introduction

"This is I Promise You"

PROLOGUE :

It’s been 6 years since I have harbored this feeling. I already feel pain and happiness because of loving him. Lot of love comes but my heart still love and chose him. I endured this pain for so long, even though I knew that he didn't love me, but it is my happiness, this pain is my happiness in loving him, I sincerely love him without expecting in return ... But sometimes, I wonder until when I will hold on to this one sided love?

 

***

 

"Come on Yoona, you want us to be late again?"

"Argh Taehyung ... wait a minute, my history book is missing! I will get punished this time! "

“What?? So 25 minutes I was waiting for you just to find a history book that you obviously lent me for my assignment ?? You’re such a fool Yoona! You’re only 20, why it feels like I’ve a friend who’s in her 60s? "

“Shut up! Why didn't you tell me sooner?! I’ll get back to you later, let’s go now or we’ll be late! ”

 

Every morning Yoona go to the college with her one and only loyal friend, Kim Taehyung ... Even though they are enrolled on different major, Taehyung and Yoona still to go to the college together. They had been friends  since kindergarten and they ended up always go to the same school up until now.

 

"Lim Yoona ... how many times have I told you not to come late?"

"I’m sorry Professor ..."

"If you late once again, I will assign a handful of paper work for you."

"Got it Professor, I promise I won’t be late again. Thank you.”

 

Again, Yoona got scolded by Professor Park.

“ Just watch, later I won’t be late and I will never ever do the damn paper work for this course!” (Yoona spoke silently)

 

"Hey! You look so down, you must be late again ..."

 

Kwon Ji Yong, he is the guy that Yoona have loved for years. He's also Yoona best friend along with Taehyung. They’ve been friends since in junior high school.

 

"Hmm ... I'm thought I lost my book, so I looking for it but turned out I lent it to Taehyung, so yeah… I’m late again and got scolded! “

"Hahaha ... clumsy Yoona. Well, anyway, I managed to ask Jihyun out."

 

Jihyun is the women that Ji Yong love. The bitterness of Yoona’s one sided love is that Ji Yong fall in love with other women.

 

"Really? Wow! Congrats Ji Yong-ahh… " (Yoona smile bitterly)

"This weekend we will have our first date. And it’s all thanks to you Yoona, your great advice really help me to get close to her and I managed to ask her out. I really fall in love at the first sight with her. “

“What a heartless guy!” (Yoona spoke silently)

 

It hurts Yoona so bad, Ji Yong has no idea that Yoona had been loving him all these time. But, there’s nothing Yoona can do besides support him with other women that he loves. Somehow, Yoona always lose her chance to confess to Ji Yong.

And now, there’s nothing that Yoona really want to do besides scream and cry out of frustration.

Kwon Ji Yong who’s can’t see Lim Yoona who’s always stand beside him.

Kwon Ji Yong who’s even barely noticed her shadow.

 

"And, as a thank you, I'll treat you now, how?"

"Sure! But maybe next time... I have an appointment with Taehyung."

 

Yoona really want to hurriedly get out from here.

 

"Ahh, you will meet him?”

“Yeah, I promised to have lunch together with him. Well, see ya! Good luck for your date.”

“Sure, thanks.”

 

Yoona thought that for it’s the right time to put a distance between her and Ji Yong. He dated Jihyun now, nothing that Yoona can do rather than watch him happily in love with other women.

 

***

 

"Ji Yong invited me to eat together ..."

“Wow that's good! That..."

"(Yoona interrupt Taehyung) But I said I have an appointment with you, I don’t want to go with him."

"Huh? Are you crazy? This is your chance ... "

"He dated Jihyun now! He told me with such a happy face, do you have any idea how’s my feeling at that time?”

 

Yoona started to tear up.

 

“Wuoo, Wuoo… wait, don't cry yet, hold on, hold on! Let’s go to the cafetaria and I’ll buy you an ice cream. Let’s go !"

Taehyung pulled Yoona to go to the cafeteria.

 

No one knew Yoona better than Taehyung. He knows very well that to stop Yoona from crying is to buy her an ice cream. Back then when they’re still a kid, Taehyung sent tons of ice cream for Yoona on her birthday. And Taehyung know Yoona feelings for Ji Yong. He always supported Yoona and cheer for Yoona, but now it looks like Taehyung doesn’t need to cheer Yoona anymore.

 

***