Sojung?

Secretary's Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Eunbi was in the kitchen, stirring up a nutritious breakfast she was preparing for Sojung, something she had meticulously planned for the older for some time now.

 

Her diet hasn't been looking too good recently, it's time to take away those coffees and replace it with real food. Eunbi thought to herself with a slight smile. Ever since Sojung and Eunbi had established their relationship together, Eunbi just wanted to continue to make efforts to try and make her lover's life better. Even if she was only making the slightest of impact.

 

"My only lover"

 

The older's words continued to spiral in her head as she put a salmon filet in the pan, her heart fluttering as she recalled just how clingy Sojung had been acting with her recently.

 

Putting the finishing touches on the meal, she quickly put the food into a container, before running off to work with a smile on her face, completely unaware of the encounter Sojung and her father had the previous day.

 

 

***

 

 

 

When Eunbi arrived at their shared office, she noticed her boss had yet to arrive.

 

8:50. Eunbi checked her watch. That's strange she should be here by now. She hadn't texted me like she usually would either...

 

Putting her belongings down at her desk, the blonde concluded that the older must've just overslept and began looking through her work agenda for the day instead. Although this type of messup was quite, unlike Sojung, it happens to the best of people and Eunbi, quite frankly, can't wait to use this as an excuse to tease the taller woman.

 

However, as the minutes ticked by, Eunbi found herself starting to feel more and more uneasy.

 

After 20 minutes had elapsed, there remained no visible trace of the CEO. This was completely out of character for Sojung. She had sent a message to the elder, yet it had yet to be seen.

 

9:23

 

Now Eunbi was just pacing back and forth in the office, anxiously looking at her watch. Every few seconds she would glance over at the door, hoping Sojung would arrive soon.

 

9:30.

 

Okay, Eunbi's stomach was just in knots now. Time seemed to drag on as Sojung's arrival still had not been seen. She kept reassuring herself that they must have just been running behind, however, the longer she waited the more her uneasiness churned in her gut.

 

9:45

 

This is just ridiculous at this point. Sojung had ignored all of Eunbi's calls, adding to her brew of worry.

 

Should I just go over to her place? The blonde begins grabbing her belongings. Maybe something bad happened...

 

Before she could finish that thought, the door finally opened, revealing her boss on the other side with tired eyes.

 

"Soj-" Eunbi remembers there were still in the office and there were others outside the office still present "Miss Kim" She continued. "You're late, I was worried"

 

Sojung emotionlessly strode past Eunbi, not giving her so much as a glance, and took her seat at her desk, replying flatly "I had some work to attend to"

 

 

That was...

 

cold..?

 

Brushing the thought off as Sojung just playing her role whilst she was in the office, the blonde checked that the office door had closed properly to ensure some privacy, before walking over to Sojung with a small bag. "Here"

 

"What's this?"

 

"Breakfast.. I made it for you, I hope you'll like it" Eunbi says with a wide smile on her face.

 

A sudden hush descended over Eunbi unexpectedly. For a few moments, Sojung simply examined the bag before motioning it away.

 

"I already had breakfast Eunbi, sorry. Please just enjoy it for yourself" The CEO looked away, staring back towards her computer screen.

 

"Oh, I..." She really didn't know what to make of Sojung's behaviour right now.

 

Did something happen?

 

"I made this for you anyway, so if not for breakfast, maybe just keep it for later." Eunbi's eyebrows furrowed as she watched Sojung hesitate for a brief second, not being able to make eye contact with the shorter at all.

 

"Thank you" Sojung finally said, extending a hand to accept Eunbi's offer, until the said woman took a glimpse of the purple injury on her hand.

 

Eunbi's hand moved on its own accord, impulsively grabbing her Boss'. She couldn't help but feel a wave of anxiety as she asked in concern, "What's wrong? Did you hit something? Did something drop on you? What happened?" A worried expression made it's way all over Eunbi's face.

 

Retracting her hand immediately, Sojung once again turned away from her secretary.

 

"It's nothing-"

 

"It's not nothing, nothing doesn't do that to your hand Sojung, just what on earth happened-"

 

"I said it's nothing!" The rise in Sojung's voice left a wary silence between the two.

 

...

 

"Sojung-"

 

"Eunbi" the CEO interjected sternly. "It is now 9:50, and I have yet to receive the design team's report on my desk. Cease your procrastination and return the report to me promptly. We have an upcoming project coming up soon, I do not wish to start off on the wrong foot"

 

Eunbi just doesn't get it. What happened to the warm and caring Sojung yesterday? How can a woman change so quickly in such a short time?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter