A vicious Cycle

Secretary's Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Eunha! Hey!"

 

A slim woman waves widely through the window of a Korean barbeque restaurant, having a hard time keeping all the excitement in, it was making the said woman almost bouncy.

 

"Yuju!" Eunbi quickly dashes right into the building, arms wild open as she engulfed her best friend into a tight embrace, the excitement just as hard to contain, they relaxed into each other's arms before Eunbi cracked a joke "Isn't this place too fancy for your budget?" 

 

It had been months since Eunbi and Choi Yuna had seen each other, which, to be honest, was really the first time in a long time ever since the two women had befriended each other when they were only 11 years old. Never have they not seen each other for so long since then. 

 

Although once making an oath in their youths to always catch up with each other as much as possible, the adult life is filled with unexpected surprises, leading to Eunbi getting a full-time job with little to no time for herself, and Yuna going back into university and working her weekends away at a part-time job, leaving it almost impossible to meet-up,

 

That is, until today with Yuna finally taking a day off from her weekend job. 

 

"Not if we're here to celebrate my best-friend becoming the secretary of one of the biggest companies in Seoul! Come on, spill, You have to let me know just how in the world an internship interview gave you an assistant position for Kim Sojung out of all people!!"

 

"It's a long story"

 

"Well I bought wine"

 

Revealing a big bottle of lavish wine from her bag, the two friends hit it off straight away, with Eunbi telling Yuna her journey into Aphrodite's fashion, from beginning to current, revealing the coffee disaster, Interview scare, and daily job descriptions. 

 

Basically everything there is to know... if you just forget about one.. tiny little detail... 

 

Just little extras on top of the job descriptions.. ya know?

 

"Your boss sounds like a nightmare to work with" Yuna finally responds after Eunbi finishes her small rant, clearing her bag from the dining table as the waiter sets out her food in front of her.

 

"Ha... yeah, but it isn't so bad"

 

"Well nonetheless" Yuna pours Eunbi and herself a glass of wine "I'm happy that you've finally entered the industry of your dreams and it started off on such a high note too!" She raises her glass "To Eunha's stressful but well-paying job!"

 

Chuckling, the blonde too raises her glass of wine and clinks it with the others.

 

"To Yuju's do or die university schedule"

 

***

 

"So, got any eyes on some hotties at work?" The raven-haired woman asks suddenly, completely out of context from the conversation she and Eunbi were having previously, which in turn, completely caught the blonde off guard.

 

"Nooopeeee"

 

"Oh come on Eunha!" Yuna whines, "You work for a fashion company for God's sake, there's bound to be someone cute there"

 

"I'm sure there is, but with my schedule, there's hardly ever time to look. Besides, these days I hardly leave the office"

 

"Hmmm" Yuna swirls her wine before chuckling "I suppose it is hard to look elsewhere when your own boss is one of the hottest women on the planet"

 

That statement was intended as a joke only, but it made Eunbi choke on her food. "What?" The blonde tried to smoothly recover and play everything off coolly "You think so?"

 

"Do I think so? What do you mean?" Yuna raises an eyebrow "Isn't it blatantly obvious? She's practically a model, do you not think she's good looking?"

 

"No! Of course, I think she's pretty!" Eunbi answered... maybe a bit too quickly.

 

Staring back at her best friend who was now giving her the most questioning look she had ever seen, the latter started panicking her answer had come off way too aggressive. "Sh-she's pretty, very pretty! I agree, it's only natural for the CEO of a company with the name 'Aphrodite' in it to be gorgeous."

 

"uhh huhhh" The raised eyebrow never left Yuna's face "but why are you being so weird about it?"

 

"I am not!"

 

"You totally are, your face is even red"

 

Hearing that, Eunbi instantly covered her cheeks with both hands "That's from the alcohol ok! It's an Asian flush thing!"

 

"I would agree, apart from the fact you've never ever had Asian glow before. Why are you acting like this?" Yuna stared at her best friend with such assertiveness, the blonde couldn't even look the woman back in the way... So turning away, the latter prayed she'll just drop the topic. 

 

"Oh my god.." Yuna finally spoke up after a couple of seconds of silence, her eyes now wide with realization "You like her!"

 

"I DO NOT!"

 

!

 

"You do! It all makes sense now"

 

"No absolutely nothing makes sense! I do not like her, she's just a boss nothing else!"

 

Eunbi had said that so matter of factly, she almost fooled herself...

 

Note: the keyword here is almost

 

"Right well, let's se

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter