The Runaway Bride

Secretary's Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In the midst of chaos, with the wedding venue in disarray and the guests in a frenzy, Eunbi and Sojung seized the opportunity to escape. Hand in hand, they navigated through the pandemonium, dodging bewildered onlookers and the occasional security personnel.

 

The late afternoon air against their faces as they emerged from the commotion, slipping into the shadows of a nearby alley. Sojung's heart raced, a mix of adrenaline and shock coursing through her veins. Eunbi, beside her, held onto her hand firmly, providing a grounding presence in the whirlwind of emotions.

 

They didn't speak immediately, allowing the distance from the chaotic scene to provide a moment of solace. Sojung's breaths came in ragged gasps, a combination of the escape and the emotional upheaval she had just experienced. Eunbi, understanding the weight of the situation, remained silent, offering a supportive presence.

 

As they rounded a corner, away from the prying eyes and the echoes of the disrupted wedding, Eunbi finally spoke, her voice calm yet tinged with concern.


"Hey... you alright?"

 

"Yeah, I think so" Sojung managed a nod as she was still catching her breath. "I'll be alright... It's just everything happened so fast"

 

Eunbi gently squeezed her hand in understanding. "We'll figure it out. But right now, let's get you away from here."

 

The shorter pulled her hand, acting as a guide as they continued to pace down the secluded street.

 

The thought of asking where the younger was taking her, crossed Sojung's mind, however, as they worked further and she saw the structure of a familiar car, that thought soon disappeared.

 

"Thats..."


"Your chauffeur agreed to pick us up."

 

"How did you manage that?"


"He actually reached out to me"
 

Sojung's eyes met her chauffeur's then and there. Although no words were exchanged then, the man in his 50s smiled warmly
back at his boss and tipped his hat. 

 

It was an unspoken acknowledgement... a silent reassurance if you will, that the very man who have driven Sojung for years had her back.

 

In that moment, it had become clear to Sojung... that there were indeed more people that cared for her than she had originally recognised. 

 

"Here" Eunbi quickly ran to the car and came back out with a small bag before handing it over to the CEO. "Get changed, it can't be comfortable moving around in that dress no matter how nice it looks"


Peering down inside the bag, immediately, the woman's face morphed into a small yet subtle frown of disapproval.

 

"This is pol-"


"Polyester. Yes." The pink-haired woman intercepted, trying her best to keep her expression firm, although she had found herself needing to bite her lips a few times as Sojung's reaction to the clothing's material was quite comical despite everything that had unfolded. Her distaste for it, will never not be funny.

 

Even now, she will still say stuff like this... just...

 

What a woman...

 

"It's wadded up in the bag too, polyester tends to wrinkle easily you know"


"Fine stay in the dress then."


...

 

...

 

"I'd rather not." She reached into the bag and pulled out the blue polyester dress, examining it with an expression that wavered between amusement and disbelief. As if conducting a thorough inspection, she stretched the fabric between her fingers, squinting as if hoping to find a hidden detail that would change her mind before looking back over to Eunbi.

 

She had chosen the style well.

 

With a resigned smile, she placed the dress back into the bag before looking at Eunbi. "You're something else, you know that? I appreciate your thorough thinking Eunbi.."

 

"Get familiar with your new favourite material, Ms Kim. we'll leave the car for a bit for you to get changed"

 

"Stay and undress me."


"!!! Wh- what-" A quick flush of pink began to stain Eunbi's round cheeks as she felt herself struggling to form coherent words.


"This dress, it took two other helpers to put it on me, I won't be able to get out of it by myself, please give me a hand if you don't mind."

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

Sojung didn't think she would end up back here, staring at the sunset slowly lowering as the trails of light reflected off the still river below, creating a stairway to heaven. It was a beautiful sight to witness, back at her favorite lookout, which Eunbi had introduced to her.

 

"I didn't think I'd ever end up back here. I even said my goodbyes last night," the taller admitted honestly as she turned towards Eunbi, who was already looking back up at her, leaning on the handrails on the fence of the bridge. Her eyes reflected the dimming sunlight as they glistened back at her.

 

Beautiful Was the only word Sojung could think of in that moment. 

 

"Yet I think now... I will be coming here more often" 

 

"I think I'll like that." Eunbi inched ever so closely to Sojung and together they turned back to the sunset, their arms brushing against each other's slightly as a comfortable silence engulfed them.

 

It had been ages since they were able to do something like this.

 

Just being able to be next to each other in peacefulness. 

 

If Sojung was to be completely honest, she still cannot describe what she is feeling at this moment. The events that have unfolded have just been too surreal.

 

There was r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter